Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

44 years and she still puts up with me!

Options
Skiddymarker
Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
June 19th, '71 was the best day of my life when my high school sweetheart said "I do" - I often remind her that in those days I vowed to protect and she vowed to obey - I have been holding up my end of the contract, but somehow the obey clause was moved to the other side of the ledger, hence she has always been lovingly known as SWMBO.
As we both had to get back to work, we spent our very short three day honeymoon at my parents cottage/cabin where one of the first meals we cooked together was a pork tenderloin grilled over a natural hickory fire in a fieldstone pit my Dad made. Tonight, she wanted to stay home, have an egged meal (pork tenderloin) and share it with our 3 year old granddaughter (her parents are down in NOLA for a few days on business)
Three great kids all married to great partners, five wonderful grandkids - life has been very, very good. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Congrats. Great day. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Hearty congratulations are definitely in order.  And props to both for working thru the challenges and always coming out in a stronger relationship.  Enjoy the celebration and especially June 21st-(at least south of the border).  Happy anniversary and Happy Father's Day.
    (and just to keep it real-Go A's!)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That's awesome!  Congrats man. 
    Pic from then & now?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Sounds like a love story and great match! Congrats! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!  Happy anniversary.  
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @Skiddymarker  My hat is off to you.  Congratulations you and you lovely wife.
    Phoenix 
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    Congratulations! We are just behind you at 42! And still cookin!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Congrats & I raise my beer to you two.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs Skiddy!!! You guys have been together 4 less months than I've been on this earth. I think that is awesome!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Congrats ... good thoughts.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome stuff right there!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    Congratulations!  Great story.  It's funny the things we remember from our special moments, and they wind their way into our traditions, like your pork tenderloin.  Enjoy your special day.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Nice man, congrats to you both.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Congrats to you!! It's funny how that obey line always gets turned around, we are 35 years and still going strong!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's awesome. Congrats to you both. That's a lot of hard work that's totally paid off. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I hope mine will put up with me for that long :)  congratulations and best wishes to you and your sweetie. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    Three great kids all married to great partners, five wonderful grandkids - life has been very, very good. 

A result of great parenting.  Congratulations to you both and your family

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Congrats Skiddy! We are 30 years behind you, looking forward to the next 30 so I can post this in 2045!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Good for you guys. 46 in Sept here. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeytheEGG
    SmokeytheEGG Posts: 149
    Options
    Awsome. Congrats
    Blue Ridge, GA
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Nicely done! :clap: 
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    Congrats my friend. A buddy once told me "I've been happily married for 35 years. 35 out of 44 ain't half bad!" 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Congrats and wish you both many more happy years!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    Congrats!  I second the request for some then and now pics.
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Similar story here. Have my oldest getting married this weekend. Looking forward to the grands!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    You da man. Congrats. 29 years behind you. Total respect. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    44 years. She is a great and wonderful woman. You sir are a great and real man. It takes strength and honor, to accomplish such a rich and happy union. I wish you many more years. Congratulations. Your marriage provides hope and an example of what a good life is all about.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Congrats to you and your bride.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Happy 44th Anniversary and hope for many more. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Congratulations brother. It's great to hear success  stories like this in this dismal world that we now live in. Hang on to her for 44 more my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.