Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Yeti's Rambler tumbler ("drinkware") is awesome

Options

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    OK OK OK - I'm going to join the cult! Actually it's for my wife who has taken a lidded mug of ice water to bed every night since childhood! We have a ****'s Sporting Goods store and research shows me they stock them.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    for those of you buying them for gifts, I found a jeweler that was able to engrave the 30oz size, he had a setup where he could engrave 360-degrees on it in a 2" band about middle of the top fat portion of it.  I'm sure he could engrave the smaller size too, I just didn't ask.

not the most readable from afar because there is little contrast, but it turned out great - doesn't look like an advertisement
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Legume that's my plan. I'm going to take mine over to a place near me to see if they can do the same for my buddies. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    RRP said:
    OK OK OK - I'm going to join the cult! Actually it's for my wife who has taken a lidded mug of ice water to bed every night since childhood! We have a ****'s Sporting Goods store and research shows me they stock them.
    i think she would be happier with the 20, the 30 is a huge cup =) i bring the 30 full of hot tea on the boat and it lasts me from 4 am til about 10 am, keeps things colder better than hot and theres always ice in it in the morning
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    i think she would be happier with the 20, the 30 is a huge cup =) i bring the 30 full of hot tea on the boat and it lasts me from 4 am til about 10 am, keeps things colder better than hot and theres always ice in it in the morning
    Thanks! Actually that 20 was my plan. The only problem I see is she likes a handle and I was thinking I might jerry rig one.
  • Legume
    Options
    I use a 30 and love it, also got a colster as a gift recently. it doesn't hold bottles, so I have to rethink my beer shopping to get the most out of it.  my wife has the 30 for water and a 20 for her coffee - hot in the winter and iced in the warmer months.  She was a die-hard tervis user until recently.  I might add a 20 for cocktails at some point this summer, ice-melt watering down my drinks is starting to get old
  • Kyle919
    Kyle919 Posts: 28
    Options
    Legume said:
    I use a 30 and love it, also got a colster as a gift recently. it doesn't hold bottles, so I have to rethink my beer shopping to get the most out of it.  my wife has the 30 for water and a 20 for her coffee - hot in the winter and iced in the warmer months.  She was a die-hard tervis user until recently.  I might add a 20 for cocktails at some point this summer, ice-melt watering down my drinks is starting to get old
    My colster holds glass 12 oz bottles as well as it holds cans.
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    Buy the Ramblers from Austin Cayak.  Free shipping. I grabbed my Colsters from them, too.  Great gifts.  Only problem is most don't drink their beer slow enough to truly enjoy the Colster's capability.  And thanks to my Yetish, I have the cup holders for my Tundra.  They hold both Ramblers and the Colster dandily.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    Does anyone have any experience with the beer can/bottle holder?  Thinking of picking one up this weekend.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    @Sweet100s - the hardware store on 29th (breed and co) had some of the 20 oz in stock last week
    Made it to Breed and picked up 2 of the 20oz.  1 as a present and 1 for me.

On their shelf it looked like they only had 1 20oz left and a lot of the 30's.
    So I asked the guy to help me and he found on the shelf near the far wall up high was several more boxes of the 20's. 

Thanks a lot Eggpharmer.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I got two 20oz from Ace last month.  Wife is pregnant so needs to drink h20 every .02 seconds . . . been very happy with them!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    NDG said:
    I got two 20oz from Ace last month.  Wife is pregnant so needs to drink h20 every .02 seconds . . . been very happy with them!
    Is Columbus much of an Egg town?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Do the "colsters" work pretty good? THink I'm goona get a tumbler for b-day/father's day.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Happy Camper

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Science, motherflippahs.   That design is what we call a vacuum dewar.  Scientists have been keeping their drinks cold or hot for decades with these.  There is no better insulation than a vacuum.   

Fourth law of feline thermodynamics:  cats abhor a vacuum.
    edited June 2015
    Options
    cats abhor a vacuum.
    So do dogs. At least everyone I've ever had and my two current ones do. Wait, we're not talking about vacuum cleaners are we?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• RRP
    Options
    Science, motherflippahs.   That design is what we call a vacuum dewar.  Scientists have been keeping their drinks cold or hot for decades with these.  There is no better insulation than a vacuum.   

Fourth law of feline thermodynamics:  cats abhor a vacuum.
    Is there an actual vacuum in there or are they made or welded to be leak proof? I do know my wife loves her new 30 that's for sure!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Ron, the design is a double wall with a hermetic seal sans gas (AKA vacuum) in the cavity. Also incorporated into the design is a radiant barrier.  If you get a leak the insulation goes from R-infinity to R-1 (or so).   R-1 is a 1 inch air gap.  All the heat transfer is through the top.
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Do the "colsters" work pretty good? THink I'm goona get a tumbler for b-day/father's day.
    yes, I've liked mine.  it was a gift, not sure I would've bothered to buy it otherwise but I like it.  It's more stable than a soft koozie.  I tried a bottle and it didn't work, but @Kyle919 said above that it works for him with bottles, so I'll try again with maybe a little wider bottle.  Lots of variation in bottle shapes.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Legume said:
    Griffin said:
    yes, I've liked mine.  it was a gift, not sure I would've bothered to buy it otherwise but I like it.  It's more stable than a soft koozie.  I tried a bottle and it didn't work, but @Kyle919 said above that it works for him with bottles, so I'll try again with maybe a little wider bottle.  Lots of variation in bottle shapes.
    I think this has been mentioned before, but due to the weight of it I have been caught short by thinking I still had beer on hand but was actually running low. But this is easily overcome by checking before you head out and if you have any doubt take a spare with you....I am enjoying mine, esp with the hot weather.

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Legume
    Options
    this is exactly what happens to me after a couple of beers, the heft fools me into thinking I have beer left and then it's back up the stairs, into the house, etc.  this might actually cause me to burn something on the egg one day.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Just told the wife I needed one of these and what do you know, she already has the 30oz on order for father's day. Man I got a good one.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• GRN96WS6
    GRN96WS6 Posts: 60
    Options
    I have the colster and like it, just wish it was better with bottles as good beer isn't in cans much.

I have a turvis tumbler for my ice glass and it's the same principle just plastic, ice keeps for a while in it as does cold or hot liquid in it.  It has a air barrier between two pieces of acrylic so as stated same principles.
    Tommy
    LBGE
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Gotta chime in.

Picked up 2-20's from BBQ Outfitters a couple months ago and love them.
    Filled one with a Starbucks one morning for a drive to Dallas when I took my last sip around Waco, it was still hot.

It's great for keeping my Negroni's cold poolside as well!

Great product.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Do the lids screw on or is it a pressure fit?
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • RRP
    Options
    MeTed said:
    Do the lids screw on or is it a pressure fit?
    30 at least is a pressure fit with a two lip gasket
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Thanks @RRP I am going to get a 20 and a 30 tomorrow. 
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • RRP
    Options
    MeTed said:
    Thanks @RRP I am going to get a 20 and a 30 tomorrow. 
    I hear you, but be flexible. I went to ****'s Sporting Goods to buy 1 20 for my wife. I headed for check out and stopped. Went back and picked up a second 20 for myself and headed to check out again. Stopped again and took the 2 20s back and picked up 2 30s that time and bought them and glad I did! For our life style and habits the larger 30's made more sense! BTW my wife has kept her's full of ice and water ever since I brought them home! It's amazing to wake up in the morning with ice water still right there on the night stand. Trust me - we are sold! 
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    I just ordered a 30 oz from the yeti website. Finally had them instock. Was thinking of what to use my gift card my kid had gotten me for Christmas.  Hoping it's as great as everybody says. You guys have not steered me wrong yet. What's a few dollars here and there. 
  • RRP
    Options
    Saturday I went back and bought us 2 20s to add to our 2 30's. That size is perfect for a mixed drink as no additional ice need be added and besides keeping the drink refreshingly cold the ice barely even melts until you're ready for a second! I'm not that much of a beer drinker but I already plan to go back and buy a YETI coldster or two for those times I do enjoy a brewski! Geeez 6 YETI's and that's over $200! :o