Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Yeti's Rambler tumbler ("drinkware") is awesome

Options
Sweet100s
Sweet100s Posts: 553
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum

Was at BBQ Outfitters on 620 in Austin, Texas a couple weekends ago.  Saw the 2XL egg.  Holy smokes! Didn't know that existed. 

Picked up a Yeti 32ox insulated tumbler.  It's been my permanent ice water glass since.  

It actually does keep your ice as ice and water cold for lots longer than plastic or glass. 
It's surprising to add ice and water before going to bed, and then still have the water be very cold at noon the next day.

Only downside:  
Directions say to hand wash.  It's not dishwasher safe.  Odd.  I don't see why it wouldn't be dishwasher safe.  Looks like a big mound of stainless steel. 

I've since tried to order the 20oz off their website.  However that version is out of stock
http://yeticoolers.com/drinkware/rambler-series/

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a603/MareLuce/Yeti%20Rambler%20resize%20public_zpsdh9iyxbk.jpg

To the right of that Yeti tumbler in the picture is a cherry lime rickie with a water glass from Ikea that's a fave too.  I picked up 2 of those to replace 2 others.  Much prefer the Ikea model.  It's not in their catalog but saw it on sale at the Round Rock Ikea for maybe $0.99 or $1.50.   It has a pretty shape and holds more oz than most water glasses its size.

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Sweet100s said:

Was at BBQ Outfitters on 620 in Austin, Texas a couple weekends ago.  Saw the 2XL egg.  Holy smokes! Didn't know that existed. 

Picked up a Yeti 32ox insulated tumbler.  It's been my permanent ice water glass since.  

It actually does keep your ice as ice and water cold for lots longer than plastic or glass. 
    It's surprising to add ice and water before going to bed, and then still have the water be very cold at noon the next day.

Only downside:  
    Directions say to hand wash.  It's not dishwasher safe.  Odd.  I don't see why it wouldn't be dishwasher safe.  Looks like a big mound of stainless steel. 

I've since tried to order the 20oz off their website.  However that version is out of stock
    http://yeticoolers.com/drinkware/rambler-series/

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a603/MareLuce/Yeti%20Rambler%20resize%20public_zpsdh9iyxbk.jpg

To the right of that Yeti tumbler in the picture is a cherry lime rickie with a water glass from Ikea that's a fave too.  I picked up 2 of those to replace 2 others.  Much prefer the Ikea model.  It's not in their catalog but saw it on sale at the Round Rock Ikea for maybe $0.99 or $1.50.   It has a pretty shape and holds more oz than most water glasses its size

Regarding dishwasher safe: 
    Likely due to the abrasives found in most dishwasher soaps. Over time and repeated washings, Hydroxides with grit can play a number on various types of stainless steel. Hand wash soft soap is better.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Hmm. I have been washing mine in my dishwasher for about a year now. No ill effects.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Options
    It is really the lid that is not dishwasher safe. The gasket is one of the major factors in the success of this product.   I use mine daily, as my water glass on long drive, my Adult-beverage glass on the week-ends.  Just awesome.   And while not cheap, when compared to a Turvis, with lid, the price is not that far out of bounds particularly considering how well the Yeti works....
    Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 479
    Options
    @Sweet100s - the hardware store on 29th (breed and co) had some of the 20 oz in stock last week
    Austin, TX
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting some of these as groomsmen gifts for the guys in my wedding. Good to hear the positive reviews. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Hmm. I have been washing mine in my dishwasher for about a year now. No ill effects.
    I was just guessing. I had to develop a process for ultra thin layer UHD coatings on a certain grade of thermo-stable SS, and we found sodium hydroxyl (with grit similar to 2000-3000 sandpaper) preparation had scuffed the surface area too much for .001 mils to be effective.
    I suppose if you keep enough Bourbon in it,  after each wash, it might be or should be ok.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    @hapster (I think) talked me into buying 2 by showing his off. That was probably a year ago. Since then I have bought at least 10 as gifts for people. Still use mine every single day. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Have had the 30oz for a while now, use it as my water glass... just got a 20oz for the adult beverages. Broke it in last night with Tito's & tonic :)
  • YukonRon
    Options
    hapster said:
    Have had the 30oz for a while now, use it as my water glass... just got a 20oz for the adult beverages. Broke it in last night with Tito's & tonic :)
    Nice

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Options
    hapster said:
    I found that I don't have to refill my drinks as often with the 30 oz,  actually it save my about a third of the trips back to the drink station....
    Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About
  • Kyle919
    Kyle919 Posts: 28
    Options
    Love mine!  Had to get one of each.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I picked up a couple last weekend too.  The wife and I are really loving them.  They definitely keep ice longer.  I could fill a turvis with ice water just before bed and all the ice is gone by morning.  I had a cup of ice water in my yeti all day, drove around in the jeep with the top off, took it to bed and there was still a tiny bit of ice left in the morning.  

One word of caution is they do dent fairly easily.  Careful when handling with adult beverage :).  I dropped mine from just a couple of feet and it hit the bottom corner so now it is a little wobbly. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    Picked up two at Bucee's in TX, and I can attest that they do work as well as described.
    Kemah, TX
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well I joined the Yeti cult on Thursday.  1ea both sizes.  Ice lasts forever.

we're tervis fans as well and the slide on handle for their big 24oz tumbler works "ok" with the 30oz.  It doesn't quite slide up high enough on the 30oz , and the lower part of the handle secures nothing but it works.   Yeti needs to make a slide on handle.

love the product though.  I now want a Roadie!   I swear,  I live near BGE HQ, i go to their classes and I feel like I'm willingly signing up for Scientology material. Now I add the Yeti cult facination.   

It's sick to like really good stuff. :-)
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    I couldn't convince myself to spend the cash on one, but got one on my birthday.  I had to buy SWMBO one a week later.  They really work great.  I fill it with ice to take to work and it always lasts all day with multiple refills.  My favorite trick to show is when I sometimes leave it in the truck, then get it three hours later, I can't pour a single drop of water out of it - all is still frozen.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I've never had water in mine... =)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • LDR
    Options
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Just back from a 6,300 mile trip. That 30oz was in the cup holder every mile. Outstanding. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• EggHead_Bubba
    Options
    A Yeti cup is on my wish list. I'll probably have to settle for the 30 oz. but if they ever come out with a 40 oz. that would be perfect for me!

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    My 30 is attached at the hip. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    A Yeti cup is on my wish list. I'll probably have to settle for the 30 oz. but if they ever come out with a 40 oz. that would be perfect for me!
     :o ...You must have some huge "mitts".. I can't imagine trying to hold a 40oz.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    edited June 2015
    Options
    :D henapple said:
    I've never had water in mine... =)
    If I did that w/ my Tito's and GFruit I could tell SWMBO that I'd cut my drinking in half from 4 drinks to two! 

Hmmmmmm
    New Albany, Ohio 

• EggHead_Bubba
    Options
    @johnmitchell... lol, yeah.

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

• EGG_Daddy
    EGG_Daddy Posts: 163
    Options
    Picked up this 64oz HydroFlask the other month.  Great for outside work.  I don't have any Yeti products yet.  However, whenever I see them in stores I start to salivate like I do with Chicken Wings.  

MN. LBGE. Vikings. Beer. YETI 75.

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Hi54putty said:
    @hapster (I think) talked me into buying 2 by showing his off. That was probably a year ago. Since then I have bought at least 10 as gifts for people. Still use mine every single day. 
    Local retailer?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• LDR
    Options
    Academy Sports and Gearhead Outfitters carry a good stock around here.
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    eggpharma >> the hardware store on 29th (breed and co) had some of the 20 oz in stock last week

Thanks eggpharma.

Argh!  I was just near there yesterday! 
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I have a 30oz for home and a 20oz for work/car. Great products.

I have seen them around me at Dicks Sporting Goods recently (bought the coozie there), but I haven't seen regular Yeti cooolers there.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    dishwasher safe =) mine has yet to see soap in the sink, just a quick  rinse under water and its good to go
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I just picked up a 30oz yesterday to test it out and see if it'd make a good groomsmen gift. It held ice and water parked in a hot summer car for 6 hours, and still had enough ice to chill a mixed drink when I got home. Then I refilled it and it chilled ice water overnight no problem with hardly any meltage. I can see why you guys like this so much!!!