Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Yeti's Rambler tumbler ("drinkware") is awesome

Options
124»

Comments

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I've had both of mine since September with pretty frequent usage, I've only hand washed mine so far. They aren't supposed to be dishwasher safe I believe.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @RRP >> Replacement lids are available, but first have you laid both your lid and glass upside down on a perfectly flat surface to see which one is cattywampus? 

hmmm yep, they both look level

@RRP >> BTW did someone wash either piece in the dishwasher?

Welllllllll yeaaaaaaah,  Someone might have :-).   But Someone has an excuse to use the dishwasher more... 

[ sniff ] 

(my arm skin does NOT look all shriveled and puffy like that normally...  that was after being inside of a longer bigger white cast before the blue one went on)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,923
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Sweet100s said:
    @RRP >> Replacement lids are available, but first have you laid both your lid and glass upside down on a perfectly flat surface to see which one is cattywampus? 

hmmm yep, they both look level

@RRP >> BTW did someone wash either piece in the dishwasher?

Welllllllll yeaaaaaaah,  Someone might have :-).   But Someone has an excuse to use the dishwasher more... 

[ sniff ] 

(my arm skin does NOT look all shriveled and puffy like that normally...  that was after being inside of a white cast before the blue one went on)
    Ooooh, sorry to hear that! As for the ill fitting YETI I believe George Costanza might say "heat is to warpage as cold is to shrinkage"! Either way something has to give!
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Best way to get Yeti drinkware, including their new 10oz tumbler, at a discount if you act by October 5...

Caveats:  
    - You need to be a REI member,
    - first transaction has to be before Monday Oct 5 and > $100
    - second transaction (using the $20 gift card) has to be by October 25

I'm purchasing Yeti drinkware as Christmas stocking stuffers. 

One disappointment with the new 10oz tumbler is its diameter is bigger than what I expected.  They still work for me but I have extra long fingers for a SHE-type.  Thought that these would be perfect for some my female buddies who nurse their drinks.  But now, after using one, am not sure if they'd be comfy enough ... maybe too "big" still for those who can't palm a basketball.

FYI - the Austin arboretum REI had quantity 55 of the new tumblers last night 8:30

rei.png 92.4K