Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is this similar to a mini?

Options
Skiddymarker
Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
Saw this on Craig's list....claims to be by same manufacturer...
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/app/4968529736.html
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Definitely not BGE.  This guy is smoking something.  It's a size of a mini yet he goes and describes what a small BGE can cook.  Oh lordy
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    It looks like a Vision...
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Might be a Vision Kub. @fishlessman has one if it is.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Skiddymarker
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @maso and @DMW - except the hinge and band don't look right for a Vision or for a BGE for that matter. Never spent much time looking at mini's so not really sure. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think @Ladeback69 might have one of those.  

Here it is.  The little Kahuna. 
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1178271/the-little-kahuna-pic-heavy#latest

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    ...but yeah that CL ad is just full of lies.  It might be a fine cooker, but they claim it is made by big green egg mini, then go on to list the specs of a small BGE.  

This BBQ is made from the exact same manufacturer as the BIG GREEN EGG MINI.
    It's a very versatile BBQ that can reach temperatures from 225f for smoking meats to 800f for searing steaks and cooking wood fire pizzas.
    The fuel used is lump charcoal and it can be used several times before needing more.
    The Small EGG can cook:
    12-pound turkey
    4 burgers
    1 chicken vertically
    2 steaks
    1 rack of ribs
    5lbs roast 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Skiddymarker
    I think this is the manufacturer. 

http://www.kamadocn.com/product.asp?id=114

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    @SGH - Thanks for the web site info, You are right, the boxes on the Craig's List - have exactly the same numbers. 
    @SmokeyPitt - I do believe you are right. @Ladeback69 does have one of these. Pricing is about the same as what he paid - and because it is on CL, it is guaranteed to be full of lies, tough to get BS by the guys on this forum when it comes to specs for eggs....Show a mini, describe a small. 
  • revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Options
    Could be a Kahuna grill.  Same warranty.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I think @Ladeback69 might have one of those.  

Here it is.  The little Kahuna. 
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1178271/the-little-kahuna-pic-heavy#latest
    Yes, that's the one I have and it was  $169 and to total cost shipped to my house was $205.  It's not bad for the price.   It gets up to 400 in about 15 minutes.  It's great for small direct cooks dieting the week.   I wanted a MM or Mini, but my wife said no to their cost, but yes to the Kahuna. It has a 11" cooking grid which is a little bigger than the Mini.  It can cook mostly what they ssy, but I question the 12 pound turkey and I don't think the have a way to make it inderct.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Skiddymarker
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Ladeback69 - Thanks, much appreciated.
    The price here is $200CDN, which is about $165US... so close to the same. 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    @Ladeback69 - Thanks, much appreciated.
    The price here is $200CDN, which is about $165US... so close to the same.

The ceramic seems a little more porous then an egg so it doesn't heat up as fast as a muni, but faster than anormal XL.  If you get one leave the lid open up a little longer then normal and when I want to do steak I point the vent into the wind to help it.  It takes a while to shut down because you just have the  daisy wheel, but it only takes a couple hands full of lump to cook something.   Let me know if you get one.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    these look to be chinese grills being sold wholesale to companys that want a product. i bet if you buy a hundred direct from china they will put skiddymarker on the handle and your in business as skiddymarker komado. doesnt make it a bad grill but parts might be hard to come by.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @fishlessman - you mean I could be immortalized, maybe get my visage cast into the inside of the dome in a Kim Jong-Un style.....a guy can only dream....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @Skiddymarker- I trust the avatar change is to induce some positive vibes to the season-I'm not surprised given all the moves at the close of 2014.  Oh well, perhaps the reverse from last year's melt-down will happen in '15. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @lousubcap - seeing as Les Habs sont pain grillé, maybe the A’s will give me something to cheer about....Go A’s..
  • mtp
    mtp Posts: 26
    Options
    go habs go
    LBGE, Plate setter, Pizza stone, Bisson flame thrower, Replaced by a Milwaukee heat gun,  Maverick ET-732, Bluetherm, and a bunch of beer

Cumming, Ga
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    mtp said:
    go habs go
    Unfortunately, the Habs are going, it just happens to be golfing rather than on to the eastern final. Tabernak!