Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak Frites

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
edited April 2015 in EggHead Forum
Voilà!

I grilled both sides of the steak and then drizzled some Worcestershire sauce while they were cooking.  As usual, I seasoned with Schwartz beef seasoning after the steaks were cooked, while they were resting under foil.  It was awesome.

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Outstanding!  Is that sesame seeds I see on the steak or a pepper grain?  Perfect color and doneness for my liking. How did ya egg them?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Cannot beat Schwartz's - Much better than Montreal Steak Spice - not sure why, just know what I like - maybe less salt? 
    I like using it in a board sauce..... been through at least three jars since the one you sent me - feel like an addict, I was off for at least 10 years until paqman the pusher got me hooked again. Nice looking steak...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Yep, that's another restaurant quality meal. Looks fabulous. Enjoy. 
  • ChillyWillis
    Options
    Wow that's a winner! Great looking meal. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    What is the steak sauce you have there? Homemade or store bought?
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Really nice!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • paqman
    Options
    Outstanding!  Is that sesame seeds I see on the steak or a pepper grain?  Perfect color and doneness for my liking. How did ya egg them?

I think they are mustard seeds.

550 until they felt right.  About 10 minutes.

Options
    Great cook
    Large egg panhandle of florida
  • paqman
    Options
    Cannot beat Schwartz's - Much better than Montreal Steak Spice - not sure why, just know what I like - maybe less salt? 
    I like using it in a board sauce..... been through at least three jars since the one you sent me - feel like an addict, I was off for at least 10 years until paqman the pusher got me hooked again. Nice looking steak...
    LOL, the fact that they contain less salt than other Montreal steak spices is what I like about them.  Nothing beats them on steak.  I am getting ready to cure and smoke a brisket for smoked meat and that's what I'll use.

Options
    @Skiddymarker Grocery stores (IGA) around here have started selling vacuum sealed pouches of their smoked meat.  You may be be able to get your hands on some if you ask your local store to order some for you.  It is verry close to the real deal. 

Options
    Tres bien
    Greensboro, NC
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Tres bien
    Oui oui
  • paqman
    Options
    @pgprescott This is store bought HP sauce. It is the only sauce I eat with steak.  I don't think that it is popular in the US but it is here in Canuckistan, probably because of its british origin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Sauce

Options
    Hell oui! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Paqman, is that stuff only available in Montreal? I've never found it online but have always wanted to try it.
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Excellent looking steak and frites. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Looking good!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • paqman
    Options
    Paqman, is that stuff only available in Montreal? I've never found it online but have always wanted to try it.
    @Eggcelsior They sell online but I am not sure if they will deliver to the US.  If they don't, let me know and we can figure out something.

http://schwartzsdeli.com/ca/en/bifteck steak spice

Options
    paqman said:
    @pgprescott This is store bought HP sauce. It is the only sauce I eat with steak.  I don't think that it is popular in the US but it is here in Canuckistan, probably because of its british origin.

Found it on Amazon and ordered it. I will have to wait a while for delivery. Thanks. 
  • paqman
    Options
    paqman said:

Found it on Amazon and ordered it. I will have to wait a while for delivery. Thanks. 
    It is an acquired taste, I hope you like it. :)

Options
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Paqman do they sell this in grocery stores or do you have to visit the restaurant?  I took a trip to Montreal last week and will likely go back in a few weeks.  I was thinking of bringing something spices home next time.  All I brought home last week was a few extra pounds from eating poutine all week. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    paqman said:
    @Eggcelsior They sell online but I am not sure if they will deliver to the US.  If they don't, let me know and we can figure out something.

$4.75 for the 5.6oz bottle .. but $19.76 shipped to FL, USA :-(

Will have to request this when my Canadian friends come over.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • pgprescott
    Options
    paqman said:
    paqman said:

It is an acquired taste, I hope you like it. :)
    Eh, it was $6-$7. If not, oh well. Looks good siting in your dish. Never know. 
  • paqman
    Options
    @pgprescott If you don't like it the first time, try it again.  You may find yourself wanting to try it on everything.  It is good with bacon, eggs... But, as I said it is an acquired taste.

Options

Paqman do they sell this in grocery stores or do you have to visit the restaurant?  I took a trip to Montreal last week and will likely go back in a few weeks.  I was thinking of bringing something spices home next time.  All I brought home last week was a few extra pounds from eating poutine all week. 
    @SmokeyPitt They recently started selling the beef spices in IGA grocery stores arround here.  If you visit Montréal, do yourself a favor and go eat there.  There is always a lineup to eat in the restaurant but you can go next door at the takeout counter and eat there usually without having to wait too long.

Options
    paqman said:

Thanks for the link. Order went through without a hitch! Merci beaucoup!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    No questions, great cook!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    fljoemon said:
    paqman said:

$4.75 for the 5.6oz bottle .. but $19.76 shipped to FL, USA :-(

Will have to request this when my Canadian friends come over.
    I ordered 5 to make it worthwhile. Montreal steak seasoning is my favorite stuff ever. Alas, I've only ever known McKormicks offering.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    @Eggcelsior - you will not be disappointed. The French fry seasoning is addictive as well. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!