Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Options

Comments

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    I am in, provide details. And yes, agree with above. Eggs can be replaced, lives cannot.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Let's give her some time to figure out if she even really wants our help. I know nothing of her story so she could have to work and not have access to the internet until late. 
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    I say JB Weld it.  Repaint it.  And then list it on CL.  :)

All joking aside, glad the dog is okay and the house didn't burn down.  Things could have been a lot worst.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Sorry about the egg. 

Pissed about the dog tied up - just sayin' . We rescued our Golden that grew up tied up. He has the scars on his back legs to prove it. 

All is not lost. Perhaps you can get this to tide you over. 

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200586783_200586783?utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=Google&utm_campaign=Food Processing > Grills + Accessories&utm_content=304555&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=304555&gclid=CjwKEAjw9PioBRDdpqy0-ofG3DgSJAACe5NEbGEY7lWm28uPTKV_0-0sKI9hoxT83AsSkS0eL1SwrxoCBD_w_wcB
    New Albany, Ohio 

• shannonlcorum
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how to reply to Individual comments. I do still have the mini. Diesel is ok and I'm glad he wasn't hurt. The only reason I put him on a chain is because we have an inground pool and even though it's closed right now, it doesn't take long for a nice puddle to form on the cover when it rains. Bulldogs absolutely cannot swim. I will be investing in a doggie life jacket when we open the pool and he's closer to full grown. I didn't take a pic at the time but I will take some of what was not broken which wasn't much. My husband cleaned up the broken pieces. I was too devastated to even try. I thought the lid might have been salvageable, but there were places where is was crushed around the rim. I'll see what he did with them and get some pics of those too. I really appreciate the idea of a fund but I certainly didn't expect anyone to do that or feel obligated to. This was the first place I thought to express my distress because I knew you guys would understand my pain. Lol. I told my kids it probably seems crazy to see someone crying over a broken grill. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    Nanook said:
    Sorry for your loss.....
    Thank you. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Sorry about the egg. 

Pissed about the dog tied up - just sayin' . We rescued our Golden that grew up tied up. He has the scars on his back legs to prove it. 

All is not lost. Perhaps you can get this to tide you over. 

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200586783_200586783?utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=Google&utm_campaign=Food Processing > Grills + Accessories&utm_content=304555&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=304555&gclid=CjwKEAjw9PioBRDdpqy0-ofG3DgSJAACe5NEbGEY7lWm28uPTKV_0-0sKI9hoxT83AsSkS0eL1SwrxoCBD_w_wcB
    I grilled on one of those at a time share condo in Florida with the inlaws a few years ago. Steaks and fajitas were fantastic grilled hot and fast.
    Thing was built like a tank...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how to reply to Individual comments. I do still have the mini. Diesel is ok and I'm glad he wasn't hurt. The only reason I put him on a chain is because we have an inground pool and even though it's closed right now, it doesn't take long for a nice puddle to form on the cover when it rains. Bulldogs absolutely cannot swim. I will be investing in a doggie life jacket when we open the pool and he's closer to full grown. I didn't take a pic at the time but I will take some of what was not broken which wasn't much. My husband cleaned up the broken pieces. I was too devastated to even try. I thought the lid might have been salvageable, but there were places where is was crushed around the rim. I'll see what he did with them and get some pics of those too. I really appreciate the idea of a fund but I certainly didn't expect anyone to do that or feel obligated to. This was the first place I thought to express my distress because I knew you guys would understand my pain. Lol. I told my kids it probably seems crazy to see someone crying over a broken grill. 
    Don't sweat it!  It's almost certain that everyone (cept me) that responded to this thread was either drunk or getting drunk.  So, don't take us too serious, especially the doubters.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • shannonlcorum
    Options

bigguy136 said:
    So sorry for your loss.

I have a lbge with a crack starting in the base. I'll have a new base soon and if you want, you can have my old one. It could last for a season or two. I'm in MN if interested.
    Thank you so much for the offer. Don't k ow how I'd get it as I'm in Indiana. I'll probably just start saving my money up for a new one. I have a few cake orders for May. That will help a little bit. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • shannonlcorum
    Options

I am with the others.  Fully expected a dead puppy outcome.

I am very glad your dog is ok, no one was hurt, and no structures burned down.

I fully appreciate your loss though.  Major blow.  Are any pieces salvagable?
    Surprisingly, the inside pieces weren't broke. I don't know how, the outside was busted in several pieces.
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • shannonlcorum
    Options

ShannyShooShoo 
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Fire up the go fund me folks! I'd toss in some bucks.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Ouch

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Wow..That is truly a mess..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    That hurts just looking at it.
  • cazzy
    Options
    I'll say it again, I got $20 on it.  
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    I'm good for $20  maybe more depending on my CFO wife SWMBO   Will watch this thread. 
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • cazzy
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Also, assuming you buy a new egg, I'll purchase your ceramic cap and daisy wheel!  :)
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Okay how do we make the donation happen..I am in..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    I'm in - dog lover and when man's best friend kills your egg, you can't be mad. Cen-Tex had the best idea - for pup's safety or if they wander off, can't beat a kennel.  Love the caption - Save Eggs, Saves Lives....
    He's in a kennel during the day when I'm at work and the kids are at school. He loves being outside and since I'm off work for the kids' spring break, I've been outback working on the garden and stuff and he's gotten to be outback with me most of the week. Being that he does get into things--Bulldogs are very destructive--I didn't want to leave him out back alone so I put him on the chain. In hindsight, I guess from now on he'll have to go inside in his kennel when no one is outside with him. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Always annoyed when someone uses terms like "devastated" and "state of shock" to describe something so inconsequential as the loss of a grill. I begin reading with true concern and sadness only to find I've been deceived by the title. This won't be popular I'm sure, but grow up!
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • shannonlcorum
    Options
    blasting said:
    Do Irish guys call themselves "mother of 4 boys"? - Irish slang perhaps?

Lol. I do have some Irish in me. My father's side are Reids. We even have a crest. But my mother's side is Polish--Wojciechowski. Imagine spelling that as a kid. Last I checked, i was 100% woman.
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks like you can buy a ceramic base and be back in business.  Might have to work the bends out of the hinge.
    Options
    Well I was devastated  & in shock  when my old 2cycle Lawn Boy was stolen (warm) off my carport when I went in for an iced tea break.  I think  the loss of expensive possessions maybe doesn't rise to level of watching your dog get flattened by a steamroller, but I think the OP's title was just peachy
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    hmmmmm

How old is the boy that claimed the dog did it?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• shannonlcorum
    Options
    swordsmn said:
    Well I was devastated  & in shock  when my old 2cycle Lawn Boy was stolen (warm) off my carport when I went in for an iced tea break.  I think  the loss of expensive possessions maybe doesn't rise to level of watching your dog get flattened by a steamroller, but I think the OP's title was just peachy
    Lol. I think it's that moment of disbelief when something happens that you're mind refuses to acknowledge. Depending on the situation, I think shock is an appropriate description. 
    ShannyShooShoo 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    You've got enough to worry about, don't sweat your word choice.  cynical dog-lovers are just the norm here.