Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Right now, I'm recovering from the crawfish blow out yesterday in NO. Your not going to believe this, but even there I couldn't escape the tugs. A tug boat ride for the kids. What are the odds?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    @SGH  they are following you!!  Hopefully you didn't need to do any fabrication on that one!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Right now, I'm saying my Thank You's.  Was riding the bike up I-15 when an unsecured, full-length 2x4 or 2x6 fell off the truck in front of me.  It hit another car first, shattered, and one piece flew to my left, the other pieces to my right.  
    Damn.   :o

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Botch - you got someone looking out for ya.  I was as hung over as hung over gets.  Got up at 6AM, moved all our crap outta the crawfish booth, then cruised around on my F800R for half the day.  Unbelievable weather, a great way to end the weekend.  Now I'm gonna cook some food.
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Today was the last day in France for us.  I really thought that I was going to dislike France.  I've always been told that the French hate American tourist or just anyone in general.  I stereotyped them as snobs that wouldn't give you the time of day. Plus on top of that we don't know a lick of french.  I can't tell you how many people were nice and helped us out.  As long as you attempted to try to speak to them in French they could see the attempt and want to help you out.  It was totally out of my element but was kind of neat working through stuff.  A successful few days.  We had to head out of France this afternoon to catch a train.  We stopped at a local market to pick up some bread to snack on for the 7 hour train ride.  One of them was bacon bread.  It was under a few bucks and was a good treat along with a cinnamon roll.  My wife got me some good reading material for the plane/train rides.  I read the first 70 pages or so.  What a fantastic read!  I can't wait to pick it back up on the way home.  We didn't get to Barcelona until about 8pm tonight.  On the way to dinner tonight we walked past a mall.  It's an old bull fighting ring turned into a mall since it's illegal in this part of Spain now a days.  It's super cool they kept it as a ring instead of tearing it down to the ground for a new mall.  The city so far is amazing.  We just got back home and it's 2:30 am and the city is still full of people walking the streets.  It's such a different atmosphere around here.  Hopefully going to see some more stuff tomorrow tomorrow during the day.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @WeberWho? that mall is awesome.  Much better than our strip malls.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    You rule @weberwho? I look forward to your posts everyday
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Sitting here questioning my career path....
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • grege345
    Options

I'm guessing Ozzie was thinking about egging when this truck was being designed. Yes it's broken

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2015
    Options
    grege345 said:

I'm guessing Ozzie was thinking about egging when this truck was being designed. Yes it's broken
    Ouch.  Hate to see that!
  • SGH
    Options
    Cooking a cheeseburger as a snack and cutting up some flat iron I found for tonight.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SGH said:
    Cooking a cheeseburger as a snack and cutting up some flat iron I found for tonight.
    Pics or it didn't happen.  I want to see pics of a mini in use!
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    Pics or it didn't happen.  I want to see pics of a mini in use!
    Done ate the burger, I was starving. Will get pics of the flat iron and sausage though. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @theyolksonyou you lucky son if a gun!  I love mud bugs.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Split a pound of crawfish,pound of shrimp, 6 andoulille   Very spicy, very messy. Very GOOD. 
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    @theyolksonyou -- You got crawfish over there? What the heck?! Are those gulf shrimp and Louisiana crawfish?  Somethings just not right about that. If those are some of my local crawfish, I need to talk to my state legislators and keep these bugs from leaving the state. 
    Although I'm happy for you and little yolk that you get to share a father and son crawfish eating experience.
    You look silly with that bib on. You do realize that experienced crawfish eaters don't wear bibs, don't you?
    Hope they were good.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    FML!  Thanks @WeberWho?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @tigertony I'm on vacation, I'm supposed to look silly with my son. 

Were in Orlando and they were live. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Just asked the server here in Universal if the pork loin was cooked to temp. He starts with to keep it tender it's med well +. When I told him it was too done is like 140 ish. He looked at me like I had a third eye. And said he'd request it.  =)
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It was another 13 hours out on the town today.  Today we went out and looked at more architecture by architect Antoni Gaudi.  Spain is also home to Salvador Dali.  I don't know what Spain grows or smokes but I want it! These guys must have taken every drug possible.  Gaudi must have dropped a lot of acid in his day.  He hates 90 degree angles. It's very apparent in his work.  The guy really had a unique mind.  So we spent a large part of the day walking the city and taking it all in. For dinner we had some authentic Italian wood oven pizza.  I ate way too much like always.  I'm off to get some sleep as it's going to be pushing 2am here... (Sorry for the sideways pictures.  Vanilla hates cell phone pictures)

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • grege345
    Options
    This is my welcome home today. So take that @WeberWho

• Chowman
    Chowman Posts: 159
    Options
    Just changed the anode rod in my water heater. After 9 years it was all but gone . Anyone else do this? Can really extend the tank life but plumbers don't advertise this much. 
  • Chowman
    Chowman Posts: 159
    Options
    Oops sorry guys , this is too OT , chose wrong post
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @grege345 - I think I would have lost it if that happened here today. Heading down to DC tomorrow afternoon with the family. Forecast for Thursday is sunny and 72, should be perfect weather to see the city.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Making some burnt ends.  Loved the sliced tip now trying burnt ends to compare.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @chowman thats cool.  Nothing is to OT for this thread.  Where do you get a new anode?

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @grege345 not cool man.  With pics like that @WeberWho? may never come home.  Next we will suffer through pics of Fiji or Pyramids or Mt. Kilaminjaro or something.