Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    grege345 said:
    @DMW I will be headed south in 4 years when the boy hits 18. Im over it
    My kids are 13, 10, and 5. I fear I have to deal with it for a bit longer...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    There's nothing better than dealing with it.
  • DMW
    Options
    It will be the first day of spring, that just ain't right...

This winter actually wasn't that bad with regards to snow, it was the bitter cold this year.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Freezing my ass of in my own house!  And killing some of those slowish brain cells. Darwinism in my head. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    @DMW come back down when it's 105, you may rethink.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    DMW said:

This winter actually wasn't that bad with regards to snow, it was the bitter cold this year.
    @dmw just like last year 
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:

@dmw just like last year 
    Last year we had heaps more snow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Cold too though, right?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I am typing this right now.
    Options
    I'm reading @nolaegghead 's post
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I just didn't finis
    Options

Watching the tugs for possibly and hopefully the last time.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    @SGH how was the brisket yesterday?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH how was the brisket yesterday?
    I will say this, from now own Waygu Gold is all that I will buy. Rather he ever admits it or not, I think I just figured out Aaron Franklins secret. It's that good. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    You might be right @SGH. I remember he mentioned product availability in that article. How the heck could you have a problem sourcing brisket in Texas?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
     How the heck could you have a problem sourcing brisket in Texas?
    I don't feel that finding brisket is a problem in general. However finding consistently high end brisket is. Trust me when I say that both Waygu and especially Waygu Gold is leagues better than Prime, choice or select. When you taste it, you will fully understand why it costs 240 dollars as opposed to 30-40 dollars. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Ayaron Franklyn gets his beef from out of state.  KS and somewhere else I believe. 
    Options
    I see what you did there @nolaegghead  :giggle: 

Whatever happened to our buddy Ayaron?  Maybe he's at a gun range protesting :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    Options
    Ayaron Franklyn gets his beef from out of state.  KS and somewhere else I believe. 
    Creekstone Farms I think.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    SGH said:
     How the heck could you have a problem sourcing brisket in Texas?
    I don't feel that finding brisket is a problem in general. However finding consistently high end brisket is. Trust me when I say that both Waygu and especially Waygu Gold is leagues better than Prime, choice or select. When you taste it, you will fully understand why it costs 240 dollars as opposed to 30-40 dollars. 
    That's what I was getting at. Sourcing regular brisket in Texas should be easy. Copious amounts of Waygu gold on a daily basis....not so much 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Wish I hadn't complained about the rain. Now I'm sitting at the medical care place waiting on an X-ray. Dammit. 
    Bummer!  Been there done that got the cast to prove it.

Hope the ortho has good news next week.
    Jamie, two boys who play lots of sports, so not our first rodeo. Potentially our fourth cast. So far, elbow (son 1), ankle (son 2), wrist (2) and now wrist (1 same arm). 

Thanks for for the positive thoughts. 
    Well finally saw the ortho, still inconclusive, still lots of pain. In a cast for two weeks to start. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Making eggrolls.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

@DMW

What is that unit in the center picture?  Looks like it has a series of knobs/levers and four places to place pots/pans.....Hmmmm

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• DMW
    Options
    I hate electric stoves. This thing is a swinger. Turned my back and the oil was 425...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• EGGjlmh
    Options

=)    Ahhh, didn't recognize one of those....we don't use our after we got the egg 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    Getting ready to call Bingo .... first night getting to call.
  • DMW
    Options
    I'm cooking in someone else's garage...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• EGGjlmh
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm cooking in someone else's garage...

Hmmm, a little odd, but I like it.

Got corn dogs in the oven for the boys.

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Waiting for my puff pastries to thaw so I can cook my Chicken Cordon Bleu?
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    Boozey drink. Had several.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI