Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Wish I hadn't complained about the rain. Now I'm sitting at the medical care place waiting on an X-ray. Dammit. 
    Bummer!  Been there done that got the cast to prove it.

Hope the ortho has good news next week.
    Jamie, two boys who play lots of sports, so not our first rodeo. Potentially our fourth cast. So far, elbow (son 1), ankle (son 2), wrist (2) and now wrist (1 same arm). 

Thanks for for the positive thoughts. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Jamie, two boys who play lots of sports, so not our first rodeo. Potentially our fourth cast. So far, elbow (son 1), ankle (son 2), wrist (2) and now wrist (1 same arm). 

Thanks for for the positive thoughts. 
    Your on the frequent flier plan too I see.  My sons nickname is crash.

Last one was only staples in his head.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    i was in the emergecy room so much when i was a kid the hospital actually called child services on my dad. true story. No he didnt hit me. Well he never left bruises i should say. Well maybe 1. jk
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Stumbled upon karaoke at a Memphis bar on the way back to my hotel.

Need to present to clients tomorrow morning...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Is that chick ^^^ twerking?
    Options
    Is that chick ^^^ twerking?
    Yep, that was Sir Mixalot Baby Got Back.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Waiting around for 12 noon.  Leaving work to wait for delivery on a generator.  
    Thankfully it came before the window they told me. Was delivered freight and they guy even trucked it into my garage  (my driveway is around 168' and he had to park on the road ).

you can run the whole house with that bad boy
    @grege345  almost.  For the hot water heater I would have to turn all other loads off.  Will be able to run pretty much all other stuff besides (heat pump, water heater).  

Glad I finally bought one and quit "thinking" about it.  Now I have to wire to my panel.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Debating how I want to cook some T-Bones the missus got.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Sitting after dinner, smoking my pipe and sipping some Jameson
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Drinking a glass of red, watching Jeopardy and reading egghead forum =)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Sadly watching the boats go by.  Would rather be home and at the helm of unit #1.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @SGH man you sure work hard!  You need some play time.  I could never concentrate knowing those briskets are home waiting!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Just hooked a huge argon tank up to my MIG welder.   About to make an adult beverage and try to find the 0.030" tips and load the new wire.  New way to cook meat experiment - MIG. 
    Options
    Having a beverage, watching chopped amateur edition...
  • SGH
    Options
    @SGH man you sure work hard!  You need some play time.  I could never concentrate knowing those briskets are home waiting!
    My wife has confirmed that unit #1 is idling at a perfect 215 degrees. She will keep a good eye on it until I get home tonight. Her willingness to help is why we are celebrating our anniversary today. She is a keeper for sure!! 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - congrats, brother.  Maybe spin a little Barry White later this evening, eh? ;)  (*brown chicken brown cow!!*)

edited March 2015
    Options
    Me too!   Have some t-bones on reverse searing too.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Me too!   Have some t-bones on reverse searing too.
    Just finished a nice little pork tenderloin, potatoes, shrooms, zuch and green beans all from the egg.  
  • grege345
    Options
    playing with new mac

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @grege345 what kknd of Mac did you get?
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Cleaning grout lines.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Lit said:
    Cleaning grout lines.
    Mr. Eggcitement on a Tuesday night!  Don't envy you. 
  • grege345
    Options
    Air 11" got a good deal 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Air 11" got a good deal 
    My regret with the Air is my wife filled the memory inside a year. My advice is get some external memory if you don't have it already. Otherwise, nice product. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I concur.  Don't waste your money on the memory, use servers for that stuff.  Unless you plan on living off the grid without a network. 
    Options
    True. Servers would work. Already had some external drives. Doesn't take long to get behind the curve. :)
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Cleaning grout lines.
    man this blows. Had no clue how much laying tile sucks. It looks good but we are about 60' sq ft into a 1100 sq ft job. We will be done in 4 weeks just in time for the cabinets to show up.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Love the airs!  Definetely get external.storage of some kind.  I live how long the battery ladts and the fact by the time the lid is opened it is ready to rock.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Cleaning grout lines.
    man this blows. Had no clue how much laying tile sucks. It looks good but we are about 60' sq ft into a 1100 sq ft job. We will be done in 4 weeks just in time for the cabinets to show up.
    Getting started is the hardest, followed by finishing around doors.  The middle goes fast.