Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just your average Tuesday

Comments

• Here's a salmon and Brussels sprouts plate. The sprouts were grilled with bacon, white onion, evoo and a Meat Church Season-All. I used the grill grates for the salmon. 
    Large and MiniMax
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,851
    looks great!

• calikingcaliking Posts: 11,456
    Beautiful.  I would definitely eat that. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • That is truly a great looking meal..Great post..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Sea2SkiSea2Ski Posts: 2,820
    I would eat that any Tuesday - or any other day for that matter .....and at any time of that day!  Well done!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    Killer 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 2,777
    You win, this looks awesome!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 2,777
    Just an observation, do you always put that much charcoal in your egg?  I usually don't go over the firebox unless I am doing a long low and slow.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,790
    We did the same sprouts last night with a Veal blade steak but put a coat of Modena Balsamic Glaze to finish.  Even my kids will eat them!!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,091
    That's a beautiful cook. Apparently the "average" bar has been raised. :clap: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,808
    yeah pretty ho hum, NOT. looks like a great meal. What exactly is the drizzle on the salmon, some sort of reduction?
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,935
    yeah pretty ho hum, NOT. looks like a great meal. What exactly is the drizzle on the salmon, some sort of reduction?
    I'm guessing balsamic reduction.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• That looks like a great meal!  I love Salmon off the egg and need to do it more often.  
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,808
    I'm guessing balsamic reduction.  
    me too
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,881
    Maybe that's what my cooks are missing, tilting my head to the side!

All joking aside, nice cook and pics.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,479
    That looks awesome!!!!  I guess I had a well below average Tuesday.  
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Fantastic.  1st class meal all the way.
  • how long do the brussels sprouts take to cook?
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,790
    12-15 mins at 425.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Nice. Appreciate you posting some out-of-the-box cooks. Looks fantastic

1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Great looking meal!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Absolutely stellar. The level of original thinking as well as fantastic photography on the forum has gone way up in the last year. Nicely done!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • tonyledtonyled Posts: 522
    paqman said:
    Just an observation, do you always put that much charcoal in your egg?  I usually don't go over the firebox unless I am doing a long low and slow.
    im also curious, and how is the ring level with the bottom half of the egg?
  • tonyled said:
    paqman said:
    im also curious, and how is the ring level with the bottom half of the egg?
    That is a Mini Max Egg. Very little room for coal. Plus a shallow fire ring. 
  • You make Brussels sprouts look delicious, something I never thought was possible :)

Great choice of beer!

Aurora,OH
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,129
    I love Brussel Sprouts!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• yeah pretty ho hum, NOT. looks like a great meal. What exactly is the drizzle on the salmon, some sort of reduction?
    Balsamic reduction
    Large and MiniMax

• paqman said:
    The minimax doesn't hold much so I just fill it. Doesn't matter because i'll use it eventually. Haven't noticed any air flow issues.
    Large and MiniMax