Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If you could meet one forum member tomorrow, who would it be?

Options

Comments

• GreasePig
    Options
    I wanna meet that BigGreenPharmacist dude...

He owes me money.. ;)

Actually I know him quite well and he speaks very highly of SGH so he'd probably be the one!
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    K let me try to get this discussion back on topic. Hands down, my pick is @hapster. The guy is a trend setter on this forum and has had great influence on my cooking (lost count of the number of times a hapster post encouraged me to try new things on the egg). His pics are crazy too, and seems like a guy I could sit back and have a drink with. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    GreasePig said:
    I wanna meet that BigGreenPharmacist dude...

He owes me money.. ;)

Actually I know him quite well and he speaks very highly of SGH so he'd probably be the one!

First let me say welcome aboard my friend. @Biggreenpharmacist‌ and his family are very fine people. He has two boys that are about as well behaved as you could hope for. Now as far as that SGH character you better keep a eye on him. I hear that he is shady ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    I can't pick just one, but here are some, and I am sure I am leaving some out by accident.

@SGH, @henapple, and @cazzy all of these guys are characters. (I mean that in a good way) I want to see if the man is as great as they myth. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌ 10 of that crew of L-) will be in Salado (some in dresses) this March 14th. Be there an I will see that @henapple‌ buys you a PBR.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I was honored that I was mentioned a couple times.  Thanks guys!  I appreciate that.  

I simply cannot pick just one though.  Some that I would like to meet are (and I am sure I am missing/forgetting some) : 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Mickey If I was not in your count of 10, you can now make it 11. I'm confirmed.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    rtt121 said:
    sold out for a bottle of cheap bourbon
    :)) :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Thanks for the folks that mentioned me :\">
    I'm both flattered and humbled by this. I would be honored to meet each and everyone of you >:D<
    & if some of you choose to wear a dress during this meet and greet I'm not judging :)) @henapple‌ @nolaegghead‌ @cazzy‌ @hapster‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Mickey
    Options
    DMW said:
    @Mickey If I was not in your count of 10, you can now make it 11. I'm confirmed.

@johnkitchens‌ The number is now 11
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    Mickey said:
    DMW said:

Thanks for coming. A word of advice would be get an open date ticket for the return home. With the jail and town being so small not everyone is released on the same dates. Only the one part time judge and he only gives about an hour a day to Salado.

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options

Man, my list is a lot longer than just one:

Cen Tex, hapster, caliking, sgh, travisstrick, mickey, nolaegghead, cazzy, henapple, egret, nessesaryindulg, griffin, xc242, carolina Q

I know I'm missing a bunch of folks.

I assume that by meet we mean cook/eat with...

Cheers all -
    B_B

That's one big ass Mount Rushmore of Eggheads. Hope to meet them all in Salado or Austin next year and buy them a drink.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Mickey
    Options
    rtt121 said:
    sold out for a bottle of cheap bourbon
    :)) :))

Ok, looking at two web maps and neither can locate fukahwee maine

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I'd like to meet @Hapster. Awesome cooks, great pics, good cigars and bourbon. My kind of guy.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    So, Mickey, you're trying to find out whereinthefukahwee?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Mickey said:
    DMW said:

Thanks for coming. A word of advice would be get an open date ticket for the return home. With the jail and town being so small not everyone is released on the same dates. Only the one part time judge and he only gives about an hour a day to Salado.
    Would that be the Bell County Jail? If so it does take a few days to get released, don't ask how I know.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Mickey said:
    Mickey said:
    DMW said:

Would that be the Bell County Jail? If so it does take a few days to get released, don't ask how I know.

Got to be a story there.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    So, Mickey, you're trying to find out whereinthefukahwee?
    maybe mickey is reading the map upsidedown
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    GQuiz said:
    ... That's one big ass Mount Rushmore of Eggheads. ...

Hmmm ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I agree that we are a bunch of asses. However, the last I heard, Mt. Rushmore was in South Dakota. South Dakota is south of North Dakota. It would follow logically that North Dakota would obstruct our view. Sheesh, what are they teaching you kids in school these days?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options

I agree that we are a bunch of asses. ...
    Oh no you don't ... don't read that into the picture. 

I'm too much of a newbie, and too many folks on this forum have graciously contributed a ton of knowledge, for me to go there.  Well, maybe the bacon guy is a little off, but as for the rest ... thanks!!!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    SGH ...stop by KY too if you head North on your way out West !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I would have to say @Caliking. IMO he takes the egg cooks to a whole different level.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Lit said:
    I would have to say @Caliking. IMO he takes the egg cooks to a whole different level.
    He's charming at parties as well. Excellent choice.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GQuiz
    Options
    I agree that we are a bunch of asses. However, the last I heard, Mt. Rushmore was in South Dakota. South Dakota is south of North Dakota. It would follow logically that North Dakota would obstruct our view. Sheesh, what are they teaching you kids in school these days?

What?!?! Canada is not the 51st state? If you've ever been to North Dakota, you'd know it's flat. But it's not as flat as southern Saskatchewan. So you probably could see Mount Rushmore from Regina. :P

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I'd want to meet the one who was slicing the brisket or pulling the pork.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Is Aaron Franklin on here.....if so I'd say him.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Lit said:
    He's charming at parties as well. Excellent choice.

I don't get drunk... I just get more awesome :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    GQuiz said:

What?!?! Canada is not the 51st state? If you've ever been to North Dakota, you'd know it's flat. But it's not as flat as southern Saskatchewan. So you probably could see Mount Rushmore from Regina. :P
    In fact it's more south of Manitoba. Southern Manitoba is fairly flat too. Sort of like puppy muck on a plate.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GQuiz
    Options
    @Little Steven‌ ... You made me look. Black Hills National Park is actually due south of Saskatchewan. Ironically enough, due south of a city called Estevan. Well played you Argonaut.