Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where are they now.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,794
Just curious if anyone knows what became of @TexanOfTheNorth‌ @ponder‌ and @ChillyWillis‌ ? I really liked all 3 of these fellows and enjoyed interacting with them. They just up and vanished like a fart in the wind one day. Brother Chilly had been speaking with me on a nightly basis and then was just gone. Does anyone know if they are ok? As I said earlier, I really liked all 3 of them and enjoyed their posts and would just like to know what became of them. Thanks in advance.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• SGH
    Options
    Anybody?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Where's the girl selling tables? :-SS
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Just guessing but maybe they grew tired and bored with the forum. I've done that with several forums with wildly different topics. Once you've asked all the dumb questions, shared all there is to share, you move on to the next one.

Or maybe they just forgot their password. :-? :-??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    Options
    henapple said:

I didn't want anyone to notice that I missed her as well, but yeah what about her?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Just guessing but maybe they grew tired and bored with the forum. I've done that with several forums with wildly different topics. Once you've asked all the dumb questions, shared all there is to share, you move on to the next one. Or maybe they just forgot their password. :-? :-??

I guess that is possible, but all 3 were posting cooks real regular and then was just gone. Seems sudden for boredom but you could be on to something. I would like to hear that they are ok if anyone knows them.

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    Options
    SGH said:

henapple said:

I didn't want anyone to notice that I missed her as well, but yeah what about her?

I don't miss her....another money troll.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just curious if anyone knows what became of @TexanOfTheNorth‌ @ponder‌ and @ChillyWillis‌ ? I really liked all 3 of these fellows and enjoyed interacting with them. They just up and vanished like a fart in the wind one day. Brother Chilly had been speaking with me on a nightly basis and then was just gone. Does anyone know if they are ok? As I said earlier, I really liked all 3 of them and enjoyed their posts and would just like to know what became of them. Thanks in advance.
    I don't know, I'm kinda new here, and  I don't remember any of those names.

However, sometimes people with multiple personalities will have one persona become very dominant not letting the others come out and play.

So SGH, does your psychiatrist have any thoughts on this?  
    :)>-
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• SGH
    Options
    henapple said:
    henapple said:

I don't miss her....another money troll.

Troll or not, she sure had a nice avatar ;)

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    Options
    So do I.
  • SGH
    Options
    henapple said:
    So do I.

Good lord Uncle Apple. That's terrible.

Status- Standing by.

• SloppyJoe
    Options
    Maybe they were banned.

• SGH
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:
    Maybe they were banned.

No sir. Not banned.

Status- Standing by.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Ponder had a melt down for no good reason if I remember correctly ,got called on it and went quiet after.
    Jacksonville FL
  • SGH
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Ponder had a melt down for no good reason if I remember correctly ,got called on it and went quiet after.

I did not know that. What about the other 2?

Status- Standing by.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Dont know the other two at all, not been here that long myself.
    Jacksonville FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,923
    Options
    That is a favorite topic of mine as well since when I make friends - even cyber friends - I think of them as life long friends. Granted at age 70 I'm further along the assembly line than others here but just the same I'm not out the door yet! Years ago I read an insightful piece on this very subject of why some people move on through while others stick around for a long time. I believe I saved that file somewhere on an old "coal fired computer". If someone wants me to find it I will try to do so as our weather is headed to below freezing tomorrow and it will be yet another excuse to stay inside! Ron
  • bigalsworth
    Options
    chilli was last active nov 1st so he has been peeking in
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    @HDumptyEsq has gone quiet as well. I miss him. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    I just searched the Ponder meltdown. Wow. Epic. Wasnt even his argument, he just jumped in and crapped all over Dyal. Hard to come back from that.
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    @legume it was pretty absurd. I don't remember him besides that but I'm sure if @sgh misses him he must've had some redeeming qualities.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Legume
    Options
    @Grillin_beers‌ could be. I missed the whole thing in real time, Dyal was more than patient. That was falling off a cliff. Damn.
  • SGH
    Options
    @legume it was pretty absurd. I don't remember him besides that but I'm sure if @sgh misses him he must've had some redeeming qualities.

He was always very kind to me. We all slip over the edge here and there.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    RRP said:
    That is a favorite topic of mine as well since when I make friends - even cyber friends - I think of them as life long friends. Granted at age 70 I'm further along the assembly line than others here but just the same I'm not out the door yet! Years ago I read an insightful piece on this very subject of why some people move on through while others stick around for a long time. I believe I saved that file somewhere on an old "coal fired computer". If someone wants me to find it I will try to do so as our weather is headed to below freezing tomorrow and it will be yet another excuse to stay inside! Ron

I would love to see it.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Legume said:
    I just searched the Ponder meltdown. Wow. Epic. Wasnt even his argument, he just jumped in and crapped all over Dyal. Hard to come back from that.

I didn't see the melt down. Where can I find it my friend?

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    Options
    SGH said:

He was always very kind to me. We all slip over the edge here and there.

No doubt.
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Yes ponder's meltdown was perhaps the grandest exit from this forum by any member. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I met @TexanOfTheNorth‌ at the Toronto eggfest in 2013. He's real good people and I miss him.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    The internet message board scene changes as time goes by it seems.  I've been using/lurking on the BGE site for the last 12 years.  Seems every 3/4 years there is a new group of forum members that post massive amounts of posts....then they make way for the next group leads the charge. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SGH
    Options
    bweekes said:
    Yes ponder's meltdown was perhaps the grandest exit from this forum by any member. 

Do you know how I can find it? I would like to see what happened. I know folks snap sometimes, but he was always very, very kind to me.

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    Options

I met @TexanOfTheNorth‌ at the Toronto eggfest in 2013. He's real good people and I miss him.

Yes, I enjoyed his posts. It's funny how you eventually hear them in the voice of their avatar (or maybe that's just the voices again)