Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Stuffed Pork Loin! (Lots and Lots o' Pix)

Options
First attempt -- worked out better than I could have hoped.  Honestly, it was the best loin I've ever had and was much easier than I expected.  

Prep took maybe 45 minutes.  Smoked with apple wood at 325 for just under 2 hrs to 140 internal.  Rested 10 minutes while crazy purple cauliflower roasted with garlic, evoo, s&p.

Prociutto, Apples, Havarti & Sage.  Plus a bacon weave.  Because Bacon.  Never had better.  Can't wait to try another.  (Thought I bought fontina but got havarti in the grocery bag . . . not nearly a sexy enough cheese . . . .) 
It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    That looks amazing!!  Did you use anything for smoke?
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Applewood for smoke -- 4 big chunks in keeping with the apple/fall theme.  Glazed it with maple syrup, apple cider and rub concoction in the last few minutes.  I have to say, it was my most ambitious cook and I'm shocked at how the egg basically prevents me from eff-ing things up.  Wifey loved it, kids loved it and it looked crazy impressive.  Was concerned about butterfly and bacon weave technique, but it's an incredibly forgiving cook.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother that looks fantastic!! Solid all around. With all of y'all stuffing those loins, it has inspired me to try it as well ;) Excellent job for sure =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• mokadir
    mokadir Posts: 115
    Options
    No pics, but I also did a stuffed loin over the weekend.  Stuffing made from spinach, bacon, apples and goat cheese and outside with some EVOO, S&P and garlic salt.  Easy to make and it turned out great.
    Delaware Valley, PA Large BGE, CGS adjustable rig, iQue110, High-Que grate
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Wow you win, that looks Great!!!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Great looking loins you have there!!! Did you cook the apples first?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Very interesting stuffing and cook, and delicious looking as well! Thanks for giving me some ideas.
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    Nice job, looks fantastic!!
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌ honey crisp apples. Peeled and thinly sliced. Raw going in. Cooked but firm coming out.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Understood. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Mmm...that looks great!

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @HendersonTRKing, That looks marvelous. Now I am going to have to do this after I brine the pork loin thanks to reading @DMW's, post in February. Did you use 2 packets of bacon? I think I will also add apple cider to the brine to continue the apple theme.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

=D>  absolutely fantastic!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    mokadir said:
    No pics, but I also did a stuffed loin over the weekend.  Stuffing made from spinach, bacon, apples and goat cheese and outside with some EVOO, S&P and garlic salt.  Easy to make and it turned out great.

Mmmm ....pork stuffed pork. @HendersonTRKing‌ yours looks awesome. I have a half loin in the freezer left from Sunday. That bad boy will now be stuffed!
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Ladeback69, -- I used two 12 oz packs of Vermont Uncured Bacon I got at BJ's.  It would have taken a third to get the loin-fatty entirely wrapped, but that seemed like overkill for what already was a pork trifecta.  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options

I have never managed to "filet" a loin in a very satisfactory way for stuffing.  I will have to try again.

Looks good.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys