Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...My new toy!!

shtgunal3
shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
I've never owned a blower before. Until now! This thing is cool. I've been blowing **** everywhere. I mainly got it for my egging area because there is a huge red oak and a huge sweet gum right over my eggs. Easy clean up now.image

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,357
    Welcome to this century.....J/K
    Jacksonville FL
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Very nice, can't go wrong with a Stihl.  Borrow my dad's on occasion.  Makes gutter cleaning easy.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    If the nozzle fits the intake on your Egg, you could preheat to cook a Margherita in six minutes!    :D

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Nice. I've got husky's comparable. Great stuff. Be sure to only use ethanol free gas, mines going strong now for five years. :-bd
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • shtgunal3
    @DMW quote away my friend. I half expected some not so clean comments anyway.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited October 2014
    Congradulations on the the new unit. Makes life easier for sure. Enjoy!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• shtgunal3
    @focker yeah I have two Stihl chainsaws. Wouldn't have anything else.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    We just took down an apple tree with my brother's Stihl.  It's a beast. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• shtgunal3
    Thanks @sgh . @Jeremiah‌ yeah Husky is great to but I couldn't go wrong with the Stihl. It comes with a two year top to bottom warranty and if you buy a six pack of their synthetic two cycle oil they double the warranty to four years. Oil was only $12. Of course I bought the oil.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    shtgunal3 said:

@DMW quote away my friend. I half expected some not so clean comments anyway.

I'm stihl giggling at that one.
  • shtgunal3
    We lost probably 50 trees during the April 27th tornadoes of 2011. Both my saws got a hell of a workout.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @shtgunal3‌
    Brother you can't go wrong with Stihl, Husqvarna or Johnseered. All make excellent equipment. It's the fly by night ones that you should avoid. You made a good choice there my friend. It will last a life time with a little care and proper maintenance. Enjoy it sir.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    shtgunal3 said:

I've been blowing ****

8-}
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • shtgunal3
    @dmw If I keep drinking like I have been for the last 3 hours that may bring on a whole new meaning!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Must resist lowbrow humor....
    Enjoy the new yard tool/toy. I have one that blows on a multi attachment weedeater, edger, brush cutter, mini saw, hedge trimmer and blower. And got another separate stand alone blower similar to yours that blows & sucks (recycled into a bag) but doesn't work like a Stihl or Echo. Thinking of upgrading ourselves. We have a big need for it here. Nice toy man enjoy.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Bet you could cut Botchs time in half.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    shtgunal3 said:

We lost probably 50 trees during the April 27th tornadoes of 2011. Both my saws got a hell of a workout.

Man that sucks to lose that many trees. Sounds like our back to back TS's that hit us close to or slightly over a decade ago (boat load of large trees got destroyed). :(
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Eggcelsior
    My dad has his Stihl from before I was born. Beast is right! I really need to move and get some land so I can do manly things like cut down trees, scratch my ass, and blow ****.

Wait... did that come out right?
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,357
    @Eggcelsior‌ time to man up!
    Jacksonville FL
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Eggcelsior. ..

My dad has his Stihl from before I was born. 

I'm sure he did.... <:-P
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    I guess the blow/suck option was not available?? :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    lousubcap said:
    I guess the blow/suck option was not available?? :)>-
    Megamaid!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Eggcelsior
    henapple said:

@Eggcelsior. ..

My dad has his Stihl from before I was born. 

I'm sure he did.... <:-P </p>

Hee Hee. @henapple I think it's about 40 years old. He bought it after Hurricane Agnes to help clear felled trees from the rain/flooding.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    My wife is Hispanic and pregnant. I keep telling her I am gonna get our daughter a leaf blower. Yeah I've been drinking.
  • jmarbs21
    jmarbs21 Posts: 139
    Good call with the stihl as a landscaper by trade they make the best stuff possible!
    Durham, NC
  • shtgunal3
    This one will suck too but you have to pay extra......ie buy extra add ons

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Lit said:

My wife is Hispanic and pregnant. I keep telling her I am gonna get our daughter a leaf blower. Yeah I've been drinking.

Don't get her a bge raised grid...you don't know how to use it. :-\"
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio