Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- A Day at Play.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
As much as I enjoy cooking and interacting with fellow cooks, sometimes it's just great to spend quality time with the little ones and enjoy life a little.
Me and Bre, having a blast.
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• HarrisFrampton
    Options
    Looks like a great way to spend the day
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • SGH
    Options
    @HarrisFrampton‌
    Thank you for the kind words brother Harris.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    My favorite. Bre stoking Unit 6 and attempting to bring it online. Almost made me cry.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    What a great day.

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • SGH
    Options
    @Farbuck‌
    Thank you for the kind words brother Far.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    There is nothing better than spending the day with your daughter, enjoy these times now as pretty soon she will be in College like mine. We still have great times together now that she is an adult but I still relive the times when she called me Daddy and would hide in the garage waiting for me to get home from work. But you should do one thing before the next John Deere ride, get her a phone book to sit on.....lol, Great times @SGH

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    Thank you for the very kind and thoughtful words brother Whitee.

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You have a beautiful daughter.  What a gift.  Looks like a lot of fun.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Very nice pics. I also love spending as much time as possible with my kids. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Spending time with your daughter is priceless... I love taking Elise on daddy daughter dates :)
  • gator_egger
    Options
    I am forced to pause my passionate hate and disdain for you to say, there is nothing that will compete with this. Cherish those moments.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
    Priceless :)>-
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Great stuff man!!! My daughter is 15 now and hanging out with daddy is no longer the cool thing to do. Enjoy this while it lasts! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy @lkapigian‌ @gator_egger @hapster @johnkitchens‌ @JohnInCarolina‌
    Thank you all for the very kind words my friends. She is my best little friend in the world.

Status- Standing by.

• otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    Mine are in their 30's. Still Daddies little girls. Go Scott (:
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Amen to that brother!
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Awe! So beautiful and it looks like you are teaching her to start cooking....daddy and daughter days are great. Enjoy my friend.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Very cool.. ^:)^

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @SGH
    The photos are barely loading here on my phone, but I get the general idea. Sounds like a great day!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW @bud812 @anzyegg‌ @Phatchris‌ @‌otter
    I thank you all for the very kind words my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Scotty something tells me your lil girl will be a BBQ Queen one day. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Thank you for the very kind words brother Husker. I'm sure trying to be sure that she takes a interest in outdoor cooking. If she keeps on, I'm honestly thinking about competing in a few sanctioned events again next year hoping that she will get the bbq bug. It would tickle me beyond belief if one day she chose to compete. I would be right there cheering and screaming for sure my friend!!

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    That's awesome! ^^^^^^ Our Son (almost 20 possesses a skill in cooking and cooks at Huddle House). He helped me with lollipops and brisket several times and wants to debone and stuff the next yardbird. I figure he has the French Pepin accent down so it's a go. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    That looks like a fun day with the little one, nice area you live in too, mine is grown and moved out, still see him a lot, but miss him, Being an empty nester sucks sometimes.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If I may say, don't force it and let it happen naturally. As I saw in my mom, she will see the joy that cooking brings you joy and will automatically gravitate towards it.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I say hell no...make them get up and cook breakfast after you've drank all night.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    Options
    @anton‌
    Thank you for the very kind words my friend.
    @cazzy‌
    I'm just trying to spark her interest in it. If she decides to go another route I will fully understand and support her. But I can't help but to kind of nudge her a little toward cooking ;) . And she honestly enjoys cooking ribs and turkey on her own. Well almost on her own. I have to help a little. She likes cooking them as they are her favorite to eat. Don't give up on me, I'm doing everything that I can to convert her to beef!! It's just a matter of time. I hope :D

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    edited October 2014
    Options
    henapple said:

I say hell no...make them get up and cook breakfast after you've drank all night.

:-? :)) This sounds vaguely familiar Tony. He does it with a smile and thankfully so. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @henapple‌
    She even helps me with breakfast brother Apple!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    3:55am and still going. image

Status- Standing by.