Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Yeti rambler and wine???

Comments

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    edited September 2014
    Griffin said:

My wife has one of these wine Tervis style cups (not made by Tervis) Probably doesn't keep the cold as long as a Yeti, but she drinks it fast enough that it don't matter. Or she did and will again in 4 months or so.

Your wife and mine just maybe sisters in that regard
    B-) B-)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited September 2014
    GQuiz said:
    Thanks to recommendation from @skinnyv, I went online at Austinkayak.com and got first one for 20% off and free shipping. Hoping the 20 ounce will be a good peace offering for SWMBO. Got 2 with free shipping for just over 58. If you're outside the great state of Texas, I don't think there is tax. That would be 54 for 2. Great deal. Already have the 30.

great shop too. I bought them there with no discount though :((
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    When sitting by the pool and drinking not expensive wine my wife will put ice cubes in a sandwich bag tie shut and then put in her glass.  Keeps wine chilled and doesn't water it down.  (No one said we were always classy.)
    there is a brew pub near me that has an outside deck looking at kittery point in maine that does that to the beer pitchers after you pour the first few glasses. works great
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I did the thermapen beer test. 34 degrees out of the yeti cooler, 2 1/2 hours later around 42 degrees. I'm not amazed by much but the thing is a beast.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Stoli and soda sitting @ 30 degrees in mine right now.

When I had my beer in it I thought how nice it was I didn't have to chug my beer before it got too warm. Easily drank it over 1 hr as I was busy doing stuff.
    Seattle, WA
  • henapple
    @SkinnyV‌ ...probably not necessary for football games but working around the house it's great.
  • SkinnyV
    Yes or when its number 3...4..., maybe after a good IPA And you just don't need to rush it.
    Seattle, WA
  • henapple
    There's usually a need to rush it... =))
  • After all the hype I purchased the 30 oz today at Academy. I like my Tervis and it does pretty good being left in the hot car most of the day (ice is usually gone but the tea is still cold). We will see how the Yeti performs being in a hot car.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • I've drank out of tervis for years. The yeti holds ice at least twice as long. I've had my yeti full for 3 days straight. Water all day. Booze all night.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • We have two 30oz Ramblers and love them.  They don't sweat even filled with ice water and that's saying a lot during an Austin summer.  
    Cedar Park, TX
  • By my calculations: 16 hours and I will be an owner 8->
    Large, small, and a mini
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    The two 20s I ordered from Ausin Kayak this morning are supposed to be delivered tomorrow, according to Fedex. So I guess I load the 30 with some Weller tonight.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • I just poured and drank a quart of Arrogant Bastard Ale in my 30. It stayed ice cold from start to finish. I consider myself a connoisseur of cocktail cups. (alliteration?) This, my friends, is the best cup I've ever owned. It doesn't have the lifetime warranty of the Tervis but performs so much better. Everyone I know will be getting one of these for xmass.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    edited September 2014
    I'm so debating ordering 2-20oz for coffee for my wife and I... Just wondering what it'll feel like when she smashes one of them off my melon for spending that much on coffee cups.
  • GQuiz
    Next will be CenTex and Austin Egghead buying the Hopper and going to Salt Lick. Have you seen the web page? Yeti is based in Austin. Salt Lick is BYOB. load up the Hopper and take the Ramblers and eat all day drink cold cold drinks

• great shop too. I bought them there with no discount though :((
    I know a guy - that's where I got my Longhorn Yeti.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • lakewade said:
    great shop too. I bought them there with no discount though :((
    I know a guy - that's where I got my Longhorn Yeti.

Wish I would have known. Cool little shop though.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited September 2014
    GQuiz said:
    Next will be CenTex and Austin Egghead buying the Hopper and going to Salt Lick. Have you seen the web page? Yeti is based in Austin. Salt Lick is BYOB. load up the Hopper and take the Ramblers and eat all day drink cold cold drinks

;;) Probably not the Salt Lick. Yeti may be based in Austin but the tumbler is made in China. Poured a glass of iced tea at 7pm (fresh brewed hot poured over the ice filled tumbler) still very cold at midnight.
    Still has to pass the hot car test.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • GQuiz
    Gotta love Austin Kayak... I had my 20s delivered already. Free shipping. Less than 30 hours after I ordered them. Nice.

• My work buys all their kayak parts from Austin kayak. We have a fleet of 40 kayaks and 40 stand up paddle boards.
  • SkinnyV
    IMO its nice , for hot drinks I'm not convinced its better than some old cheapies I have around.

It shines on cold drinks.
    Seattle, WA
  • fishlessman
    was skeptical with this purchase but who am i to argue, bought the 30 on friday at cabellas
    :)) got off the boat at noon on saturday, filled to the top with ice, then filled it up with a disaranno godfather, filled it again with another godfather same ice, filled it yet again with another godfather, not much ice left after finishing that one ( or maybe i made one more
    :D ) next morning the leftover ice was literally frozen in the bottom, now i realize the house was set at 52 degrees but....there was still ice at 11 am on sunday
    fukahwee maine

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    edited September 2014
    OK we both have our Yeti's 30 oz for me and 20 oz for SWMBO. We picked them up from Cabella's and went straight to Mickey D"s to fill them with ice. None of their food. We were on a bit of a road trip so it was great to see how they handled the day in the car. Made a few stops, some galavanting around. Every time we came back to the car, we would check out the ice in the Yeti. It was simply not melting very much. Kept the wine and beer cold in the evening too.These will be a game changer for us. We both used them at work today. SWMBO used hers for coffee, and she reported back that it kept her coffee hot longer than any other mug she has used before. I used mine all day for water. Really enjoying our new purchase. As usual we owe a BIG THANK YOU @ Hapster. 
    SWMBO did mention that being on this forums does cost us some funds. but she is ok with it.

;);););)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    OK we both have our Yeti's 30 oz for me and 20 oz for SWMBO. We picked them up from Cabella's and went straight to Mickey D"s to fill them with ice. None of their food. We were on a bit of a road trip so it was great to see how they handled the day in the car. Made a few stops, some galavanting around. Every time we came back to the car, we would check out the ice in the Yeti. It was simply not melting very much. Kept the wine and beer cold in the evening too.These will be a game changer for us. We both used them at work today. SWMBO used hers for coffee, and she reported back that it kept her coffee hot longer than any other mug she has used before. I used mine all day for water. Really enjoying our new purchase. As usual we owe a BIG THANK YOU @ Hapster. 
    SWMBO did mention that being on this forums does cost us some funds. but she is ok with it.

;);););)
    :))

Glad you like them :)
  • fishlessman
    one drawback, the 30 does not fit the cup holders in older vehicles . well not in my 89 dodge truck
    fukahwee maine

• Wasn't able to find time to get out to buy some this weekend, so just ordered 2 20 oz and 2 30 oz from Austin Kayak.  Can't wait to get them!  Thanks for the info.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • GQuiz
    Somebody oughta call Yeti and tell them what a masterful job @hapster did in selling so many Ramblers. Cheers Hap! My coffee stays hot and my Weller and Diet Sierra Mists are 30 ounces and last for hours. I can honestly tell SWMBO I only had one drink. And you know that I'll tell my doctor the same thing. :)>-

• hapster said:

;);););)

Glad you like them :)
    @Hapster
    U R the Man!! What's our next purchase??
    Large, small, and a mini