Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

And the #1 Barbeque State in the union is..... Georgia?

2»

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    @Hi54putty‌, what would be your list?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

I was born in Atlanta in 1984, and have lived in metro Atlanta all my life. So to me, Jimmy Carter is the former President who goes to a lot of Braves games and doesn't get a lot of good pub from his term.
    I have underwear older than you and Jimmy Carter was the second worst president in the modern era. Obama, to borrow a line from the Sopranos, is King Midas in reverse. Everything he touches turns to sh!t.
    Fred, O how I envy you.  All your political wisdom derived from the voices you worship on the AM radio shaping you like a perfect slab of bedrock.  I don't have it nearly as easy as you, as I can't bring myself into accepting any ideological blueprint that makes me override history, facts or science.  Kudos brother.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Ouch... X_X
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Roughly a year ago, Trip Advisor had a valuation around $11 billion. All for a website where people post their thoughts on how much little Caillou hated the hotel Cheerios.
    Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.

...It was funny how your signature worked so well in that post. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168

You're right Nola.  Your arrogant superiority is most refreshing.  Invention of the Misery Index during the Carter years to measure how much things suck was a breakthrough in great presidential leadership.

Obama?  How much more expensive is your healthcare since Obamacare was passed (assuming your health insurance hasn't been cancelled)?  How much global prestige have we gained drawing a "red line" in the sand that gets ignored?  Shall we talk about the great job Obama is doing regarding our murdered ambassador?  Ignored "red lines" and murdered ambassadors to which nobody is held accountable are perceived as weakness.  History is chock full of examples where weakness leads to more bloodshed.  Like it or not on the international stage, weakness invites aggression.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Flint, Michigan
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2014
    Can you guys take this political **** offline...nobody wants to hear it on this forum.

I'll send you Nola's number if you need it.  

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited May 2014
    Fred, O how I envy you.  All your political wisdom derived from the voices you worship on the AM radio shaping you like a perfect slab of bedrock.  I don't have it nearly as easy as you, as I can't bring myself into accepting any ideological blueprint that makes me override history, facts or science.  Kudos brother.
    Who said anything about AM radio? Can't one believe that Carter was a **** leader and president....which incidentally is pretty much accepted as fact even among the most ardent leftists....without being accused of being a follower and not thinking for themselves?  Sounds like the ideological blueprint lies somewhere else.  Doesn't mean he's not a solid dude and does many good things for his fellow man.  But as a president?  Not so much......

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168

My apologies to the forum and to @nolaegghead.  Going dark for awhile.

Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

My apologies to the forum and to @nolaegghead.  Going dark for awhile.

:D
  • nolaegghead
    edited May 2014
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.   I don't want to discuss politics here.  Or religion. 

I'm an aggregate-news/history guy that listens to the political scientists, scientists and historians.  I'm actually registered as a Republican.  I don't buy propaganda and pitchfork hype from people with agenda.

I'm done with this thread.  Here.  Might want to read this to keep things in perspective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_United_States_Presidents
    Born in Carolina lived in Texas for 12 years.  BBQ couldn't be different - but I will say this.  Franklins is the real deal.  Salt, pepper and smoke.  The Valhalla of Brisket
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    edited May 2014
    I'm no fan of Jimmy Carter, but I would rather see him back in the White House than Bill Clinton. ;)
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Who wants to start a poll on if this thread still exists when we all wake up in our drunken stupors tomorrow?
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629

Who wants to start a poll on if this thread still exists when we all wake up in our drunken stupors tomorrow?

I didn't start the thread so chances are pretty good it'll still be rolling
    =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    I, for one, will be comforted in knowing some moderator (*sniff*) cares enough to read our dribble.  In all seriousness, I'm sure it's the complaints they receive.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nUGBGUn-7i4
    Yep. Now let's throw in a Jimmy Carter tattoo to really get the blood boiling. Lol.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    If it's on Wikipedia it must be true... lol.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead

henapple said:
    If it's on Wikipedia it must be true... lol.
    Good question Tony (I'm assuming it was a question draped in sarcasm ;) )

Here, my good sir, is a wikipedia article about the reliability of the information on wikipedia.  If your head hasn't already exploded, make sure you're in the bathtub with the shower curtains pulled closed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia
    Comedy Central is an awesome news outlet. Or perhaps they should stick to comedy instead. Even Cartman says "screw this thread I'm going home". :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    Looks like this thread pretty much iced the forum in three time zones. We'll have to wait until the west coast gets drunk enough to post before we have more lulz.
    Yep. Now let's throw in a Jimmy Carter tattoo to really get the blood boiling. Lol.
    Great idea.  Now betting on this thread surviving the night is a long shot.

I have lived in Georgia for over 20 years and it is my opinion that Texas has much better BBQ than Georgia. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Nice! @nolaegghead‌ LMAOSHITISMALB! =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Hold on guys!......Let me get some popcorn. This thread is about to blow up.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Looks like this thread pretty much iced the forum in three time zones. We'll have to wait until the west coast gets drunk enough to post before we have more lulz.
    west coast already posted, but as no one commented, I'm not sure if anyone understood
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.