Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT weekday booze?

Who else enjoys a few beers or whatever on week nights or do ya'll wait till the w/e??.Going to have a couple brews tonight but im kinda feeling guilty about it:(

Any other eggheads enjoy a socialble on a school night???

Jamie.

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    I used to have a brew or glass of wine each night, nothing extreme just one glass usually, but since the wife is preggo I've cut it back so as to not throw it in her face.  I will usually have a brew or two whenever the Egg is fired up.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited January 2014
    If I don't set some boundaries for myself, I will have a couple just about every night (then more on the weekends).  New years resolution the wife and I are trying to limit the consumption to just one night during the week.  I'm also off beer for a while, so we have implemented "Wine Wednesday". 

I am as happy as the camel today:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Any day is a good day for a drink.  I usually allow myself one day during the week for a few buddies and I to goto the bar and have a few after work.  At home I usually will have a beer or two if I'm egging during the week days.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• insaneh
    insaneh Posts: 112
    Usually a Jack on the rocks after dinner to unwind. I seldom go over that.
    Guilt? Naw.
    Dead smack in the middle of NH
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    currently on the octoberfest beer and sausage diet, down 11 pounds this year and it specifically calls for 6 beers a day
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I don't have a drinking problem, no problem at all drinking on a week night. L-)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    BGE rules apply whenever the BGE is in action.  When the BGE is not in action, then adult beverage rules take over once any post-work responsibilities are finished.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    For a variety of reasons; now that the holidays are over, I try to limit my imbibing to the weekends... That said, I will occasionally have a glass of wine with dinner if my wife suggests it.
  • I work 12 hour days, 5 days a week. Couple shots, couple beers usually when I get home. :-h
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • My usual nightly routine is a beer and/or glass a scotch every night with dinner.  I mix in an occasional glass of red wine.  However, wife and I are now both limiting drinks to weekends in an effort to cut back on the calories.  I think it has been harder on her than on me, mostly because she has to deal with the kids all day.  

Not sure there's a reason to feel guilty in any case, so long as you're not getting carried away.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Ok well seeing the majority agree on having a few during the week you've all convinced me its the norm and ok...so off to the liquor store I go:)

Few beers won't hurt anybody and If I start turning into a turtle I know I've had too much right
    :P

Sorry Tj justcouldnt resist...lol

Jamie.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Damn...I must be the "otis" of this forum.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    Ok well seeing the majority agree on having a few during the week you've all convinced me its the norm and ok...so off to the liquor store I go:)

Few beers won't hurt anybody and If I start turning into a turtle I know I've had too much right
    :P

Sorry Tj justcouldnt resist...lol

Jamie.
    seems most dont admit to drinking during the week, but walking around my neighborhood during recycling days seems to prove otherwise, must be more closet alcoholics that you would believe
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    It is soooo nice to be retired. Weekends? I don't need no stinking weekends! 
    Usually a beer with lunch and if the egg is cooking dinner a glass of wine. Pretty much every night while watching the tube, SWMBO has a Bailey's on the rocks while I enjoy whiskey or brandy. I surprise myself - Scotch, Rye, Bourbon or maybe a sorghum.   
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    I work alot of w/e's too so weekdays are my only free time quite often.Also having two very energetic kids and a wife on a high dose of prednisone would make anybody want a drink...the damn prednisone makes my wife very moody and I need alcohol to cope :0

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Wine while cooking and eating dinner - two Makers and Gingers for a nightcap every night.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Kids are gone and the boss retired. IF YOU WANT TO DRINK ALL DAY, YOU HAVE TO START IN THE MORNING!!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @canman1976 I feel so sorry for you. I deal with high dose Pred patients all day. 60 mg does weird things to a person. At least I get to hang up.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794

I find that if I chug a little more of my beverage and get my feet up a little higher, whatever guilt I am feeling drains right out of my body.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447

I work in the car business....beer after work is standard operating procedure for most of us!  helps us reflect on the day...

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• @pasoegg Hear you man, Parts Manager at the dealership level, 29 years.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    It is soooo nice to be retired. Weekends? I don't need no stinking weekends! 
    Usually a beer with lunch and if the egg is cooking dinner a glass of wine. Pretty much every night while watching the tube, SWMBO has a Bailey's on the rocks while I enjoy whiskey or brandy. I surprise myself - Scotch, Rye, Bourbon or maybe a sorghum.   
    6 more weeks my friend....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I work in IT in Health Care, weekday drinking is nearly mandatory for sanity.  And since I live in a community where no one uses cars to get around, its pretty much the norm.  Stopped by the bar on my walk home from a community meeting last night about 9, had 5 or 6  beers and a couple of shots, but decided to leave while it was still my idea.
    Pentwater, MI
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    A bit of Screech never hurt anyone.

Gerhard
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    gerhardk said:
    A bit of Screech never hurt anyone. http://

Gerhard
  • BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    2-3 nights a week I'll tap the rockies with dinner.  With the baby around though "enjoying" a beer or other drink is out of the question. 
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    henapple said:
    Damn...I must be the "otis" of this forum.
    I'm right there with ya bro.  I-)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Drink it up my friend, there is nothing to feel guilty about. I usually have a few beers a night, some night I don't just depends on what I have going on. If my buddy comes over we will rip through a case on a week night. There are times I will go days without a beer, those are sad days haha. I don't believe that if you have 1 beer a night that you have to feel guilty.
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Has anyone tried this yet?  Thinking it would make great bloody's.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    About a six pack a day is the norm. Usually next to the egg. I try to save partying for Saturday and Sunday