Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fries Quatro Queso Dos Fritos

jls9595
jls9595 Posts: 1,533
edited December 2013 in EggHead Forum
If you have ever watched the show Psych then you may have heard of these.  Wife is having a "Psych Party" tomorrow so we tested them out today.  It is from episode 3-14 in case you want to check it out on Netflix. I found a recipe via a google search and I must say, they are very good; although they don't travel well(inside joke)...

Peal or not, I tried it both ways:
Deep fry for about 10 min depending on size of potato, you want it almost done:

Let cool. Cut top off and hollow out, stuff with cheese(preferably a four cheese blend, hence the Quatro Queso).  Replace top:
Coat in a beer batter, fry again (hence the Dos Fritos) for 1-2 minutes, coat again for extra crispiness (if desired) and fry for another minute or two till golden:

Serve with sour cream mixed with ancho chillie powder, crumbled bacon and cayenne pepper(optional but good). 
These things are pretty tasty and very unhealthy so anyways...just thought I'd share:D
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments