Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The things we do for our customers......

This is the line at Frankins at 9:30 am. They open at 11. We were just told we will probably eat by 1..........should have taken them to Henapple's house. image
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Looks like they're all laying down, taking a nap before opening. :\">
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • Wow...would love to try his que but dang that's a long wait!

LBGE, Char-Griller Akorn, Weber Kettle and a black lab.

Edmond, OK

• Lol. Tecate.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    You should have cooked for them, it can't be any better than your brisket ...
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

How come Apple has not figured out how their camera works? Or am I missing something. A LOT of pics are sideways or upside down here.

I guess its the rain, pissing me off.

:))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Is this any better? Looks normal on my phone. image
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    You should have just fed them. Is it really worth it or a "I've been to" thing?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • They're waiting in line to get Mack Brown's autograph.
    XL, large and small. Hartwell GA on beautiful Lake Hartwell.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    warwoman said:
    Don't know why that silly comment made me laugh out loud........but, it did!!! :))
  • I wouldn't wait in a line like that for brisket. On the other hand, most of the people in that line probably couldn't (or don't) smoke a brisket.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Henapple's is a longer drive than your wait.  Looks like some repeat customers - I see folding chairs.

Jeez, if we knew you were gonna drop by we would have egged some cakes.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Water in our hood got shut off for repairs, so I thought I'd check out the fire forum.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    FWIW, if I happened to be within a couple of hours of Franklin's, I probably would get in line. Either I would be awed, and have a very high standard to shoot at, or disappointed, and not feel so bad about my brisket. Must admit, I suppose it would be the first result.
  • nolaegghead
    Dude, I'll be disappointed if you don't drop by la casa or at least meet up somewhere for some Nawlins-style debauchery. 
  • Ok........4.5 hours ..........it was unreal. I have never had or even heard of better. I have to say- 4.5 hours is an insane time to wait for anything (hell, my kids were born in less time) but this was by far the best I have ever had. Period. I couldn't cook a brisket like this if I tried. Holy cow.
  • I think we get there Jan 10th and are in town for 3 I/2 days. Go on a cruise out of the port after that. I'll send you the dates for sure. Wife is booking R'evolution...care to join us. My treat.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    Which Meat Was The Best?

• Ok........4.5 hours ..........it was unreal. I have never had or even heard of better. I have to say- 4.5 hours is an insane time to wait for anything (hell, my kids were born in less time) but this was by far the best I have ever had. Period. I couldn't cook a brisket like this if I tried. Holy cow.
    That's the guy that has the brisket cook videos isn't it...Aaron Franklin?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    I think we get there Jan 10th and are in town for 3 I/2 days. Go on a cruise out of the port after that. I'll send you the dates for sure. Wife is booking R'evolution...care to join us. My treat.
    Love to join ya.  Double check the dates and let me know, I'll put it on the calendar.  I've eaten at R'evolution three times and have yet to put a dent in exploring their menu.
    You just F'ed me! I have kept from eating there by telling myself that it couldnt be much better than mine. Thanks for that. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaegghead
    You sure the 4.5 hour wait didn't make them taste better?  Pond water tastes like Perrier to a dehydrated man.
    You could have brought them here. Bloody Marys while waiting 4 hours makes my brisket awesome.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited December 2013
    One of the guys I took told me he's been looking forward to it for 6 weeks. He said this is the one time in his life that something he was looking so forward to actually exceeded the hype. It was even better than I remember.

It didn't have anything to do with the wait. It was otherworldly. Every single person at the table said it was they best they had ever had and there was no close 2nd.

Aaron was there and sat down with us for a bit. The guys were raving and he was very humble about it all. He said he has nightmares about not being able to live up to the hype. He said in his wildest dreams he never thought it would have come to this. He just hoped he could feed his family.

Im happy for him.......but damn I wish the lines were shorter. We are supposed to go out for steak tonight........I don't think thats gonna happen.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited December 2013
    Making the trip to Salado just got even better

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    egret said:
    warwoman said:
    Don't know why that silly comment made me laugh out loud........but, it did!!! :))

Then I succeeded ! Make one person smile or laugh each day is my goal......and yes, it was silly!
    BTW, how far are you from the Hiawassee Egg Fest?

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • henapple
    Sounds great...
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Making the trip to Salado just got even better

I am still waiting for my brisket from CenTex from last years Fest. My wait has exceeded his wait and I sure as hell expect good brisket.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Does he still offer the pre-order stuff?