Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK, that was strange.....

Options
Doing some ribs, indirect 250 - 300, nothing special.  Cranking along just fine for an hour, then the temp dropped a little and I opened the vent a bit.  Came back 5 minutes later and it is way below 200.  I thought it had gone nuclear and wrapped around all the way, but no, it is pretty much dead.  Only time I ever killed the fire was once trying for a sustained 150.  I had this thing going at 300, and opened the vent.  It was not completely dead, but I pulled everything out, stirred the lump, and left it open until it started up again.  Smoked a lot on restart, we'll see how the ribs turn out.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments