Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OK, that was strange.....

Doing some ribs, indirect 250 - 300, nothing special.  Cranking along just fine for an hour, then the temp dropped a little and I opened the vent a bit.  Came back 5 minutes later and it is way below 200.  I thought it had gone nuclear and wrapped around all the way, but no, it is pretty much dead.  Only time I ever killed the fire was once trying for a sustained 150.  I had this thing going at 300, and opened the vent.  It was not completely dead, but I pulled everything out, stirred the lump, and left it open until it started up again.  Smoked a lot on restart, we'll see how the ribs turn out.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

Comments

• Bad lump, 'cause we know the cook can be trusted. First fire from that bag maybe?
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Bad lump, 'cause we know the cook can be trusted. First fire from that bag maybe?
    Actually, yes, just opened that bag.

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,581
    Bag of?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I almost commented without looking at who actually posted as I'm paying more attention to football right now but I would agree whole heartedly with @Skiddymarker. I'm not going out on a limb to say that Doc knows what he's doing.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Plain old Royal Oak.

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,581
    Doesn't make sense
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Ribs turned out tasty and tender as could be.  A little dry, but that will be helped with some sauce.  Going to de-rib mine like pulled pork for tomorrow's lunch.

Marinated in Dichikos Garlic

• henapple said:
    Doesn't make sense
    The Egg is a mystery we must all experience in our long journey.