Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bge Tree rat and fancy wine.

Options

Comments

• ringkingpin
    Options
    WTF?! lol! Is this a joke?  That's a case of Cheval Blanc.  I see a Chateau D'yquem and what appears to be a DRC (domaine romanee conti) La Tache!  Dude, those are some heavy weight wines.  I want to see more pics of the labels to see what vintages. 
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
  • ringkingpin
    Options
    FYI, if you can find Cheval Blanc 98 at retail, it's gonna go for 500 bucks a pop.  It's NOT ready to drink yet.
     Brillat-Savarin
  • ringkingpin
    Options
    funny stuff
     Brillat-Savarin
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! La Tache, Cheval Blanc (white horse), Chateau Petrus, Chateau Latour et al. Tell me you didn't!! This is the best French wine out there - not the best year - but PLEEEEEASE don't make ice cubes fro it.
    Stand it up - not in the fridge - for about a week for the sediment to settle and enjoy some of the best wines in the world.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Bump
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I see what you did there. :-\"
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Bumping a classic.

Flint, Michigan
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Thank you, this is one of the best, most humorous posts I have read in awhile. LMFAO.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    What I like to do with old wine bottles is use them for target practice.  They are about the same size as a large tree rat, but not as fast.  However, I find that if I drink a bottle of wine before shooting, the bottle targets do speed up and become more challenging.

Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Ahhhhh... thank you. I nearly peed myself the first time I read this, and it gets funnier every time I read it now. Should be a holiday staple on the forum :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It's a classic!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Billy Madison - Everyone in this Room is Now Dumb…: http://youtu.be/zrWoG8IckyE
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Oh God, it's back.   =))

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone, perfect bump.  Lots of new folks on the forum that will appreciate this.  I enjoy it more and more each time.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    If you're new like me, go back and read all the biggreendave posts from beginning to end. Comedy gold.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    If you're new like me, go back and read all the biggreendave posts from beginning to end. Comedy gold.
    Good suggestion ... I started to last night, but got distracted.  Can one of the "old timers" give us some background on him and his posts?  I see only two "likes" and nothing else.  Has been in hibernation since August of 2012.  Share the secret handshake with us newbies.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    This is hilarious - good read!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I believe that's Stike or Fidel
    Options
    Good suggestion ... I started to last night, but got distracted.  Can one of the "old timers" give us some background on him and his posts?  I see only two "likes" and nothing else.  Has been in hibernation since August of 2012.  Share the secret handshake with us newbies.
    Jimmy's poem (or was it Anna Crosstick's?)

Love.......the.....Egg!
    Egg........is........Kewl.
    Dave......is........Incognito.
    It.............is.......True,
    Friends...are.....Special.  

Actually, I'm not sure BGD has ever posted on this forum, either one of him. Pretty sure all BGD posts were made on Greeneggers before this place even existed. Could be wrong though as I don't remember when this forum started.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Look at the poem, if you read the capital letters from bottom up. FIDEL STIKE, pretty clever.
    Here is a poem Jimmy wrote that sums things up.

Love......the......Egg!
    Egg.......is........Kewl.
    Dave......is.......Incognito.
    It..........is........True.
    Friends...are.....Special.

:whistle:;)

Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I don't care if it was one or twelve people. Reading posts from oldest to newest it is pure genius. People (LS) are trying hard to help and they progressively decide they're being played. All the while, new people jump in to help. Genius I tell ya!
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread. It's so awesome. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Make sure you're seated and have a crying towel in hand before you read this thread @YukonRon
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I remember when this was a much friendlier place.
    It's @nolaegghead's fault
    New Albany, Ohio 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I read this (for the first time) today on a flight to the west coast. I was bustin a gut and the folks around me thought I was nuts....just two funny. Arlo Guthrie could not have told it better. On second thought, he could put it to music. B)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ndfaninnc
    Options
    I knew it was satire pretty quick.  But I couldn't stop reading. Funniest thing I have read in a very long time!!  Awesome!
    LBGE, SBGE, BGE Compact Custom Table, Weber Genesis E 310, Weber Kettle, iGrill2, UltraQ and a 36” Blackstone
    Kannapolis, NC
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Hilarious is an understatement!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Conway_Twitty
    Options
    I don't see what is so funny.
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    This is awesome. I mean, I really am in awe. The photos. Just perfect.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Anyone fancy a fine wine?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum