Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast

Did these for dinner last night stuffed with sliced tomato, mozzarella cheese and chopped green olives; wrapped in bacon. Cooked them on a raised grid at about 375* for 30 minutes. I had a pan of brussel sprouts underneath the chicken. Pulled the sprouts off at the 30 minute mark and covered with foil and let the chicken go for another 10 minutes or so to crisp up the bacon. Served with some couscous. All in all a very tasty meal!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• John, that looks fantastic!  We love olives, but I haven't considered putting them in a bacon dish because of the saltiness factor.  Obviously it works here.  Bonus points cooking the brussel sprouts under the bacon for an extra flavor punch!  Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    My goto meal for company.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• John, that looks fantastic!  We love olives, but I haven't considered putting them in a bacon dish because of the saltiness factor.  Obviously it works here.  Bonus points cooking the brussel sprouts under the bacon for an extra flavor punch!  Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!
    Thanks Bob! The saltiness is exactly why I used them here and it did work well.

Happy Columbus Day to you!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Nice one John! Happy Thanksgiving.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Thanks Steven; and a Happy Thanksgiving to you are your family too.
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Looks great
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Looks great.  Any problems with bacon fat catching fire?  Always worry about that since I had a fire once on the old gasser cooking bacon in a pan with a pin hole - what a mess!  
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    You had me at bacon =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ive got some on the Egg now. Didnt have olives (dont care for them) so I sliced up a large Garlic Dill Pickle. We'll see.
    I think almost anything that you like will work just fine.
    Well, I had a pan of brussel sprouts under the chicken for the first 1/2 hour of the cook so all of the juice/grease fell in there; adding some great flavor to the sprouts. 

Once I removed the sprouts there was very little bacon grease left. What did drip down on the fire did cause some flames but nothing too serious.
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Sounds good! Glad you enjoyed it.
    Glorious!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    @therealhaddock, welcome to the club/cult (based on your low post count)!  Please remember the first rule ... no photo, didn't <fill-in-the-blank> ...  ;)
    canuckland
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Looks delicious! Do you remember if you had the sprout pan directly on the coals?
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @PNWFoodie - TOTN will respond, if you look at the second photo, you can see the sprout pan sitting on a grid on the fire ring, I think. The CI grid is either sitting on the sprout pan or raised on its own as it appears to be at the felt line. The sprouts are not sitting directly on the lump. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    @PNWFoodie - TOTN will respond, if you look at the second photo, you can see the sprout pan sitting on a grid on the fire ring, I think. The CI grid is either sitting on the sprout pan or raised on its own as it appears to be at the felt line. The sprouts are not sitting directly on the lump. 
    Correct. I have a grid on the PS and them 3 paver stones to raise the (second) grid above that.
    It looks very good to me. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    Brother your cooking skills never cease to amaze me. That looks absolutely fantastic. Nice job my friend. Excellent cook.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    You can't go wrong with bacon wrapped around anything, looks great. An awesome cook.