Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The best thing about the egg

I have recently become convinced that the best thing about the egg is that I never have to cover it.  I have a back deck and pool area that is mostly shaded by oak trees.  I have covers on my gas grill, other charcoal grills, a cooler/table, multiple chairs and my fire pit, but I never have to cover my egg.  At this time of year if it rains while a cover is off of something, then it is a minor pain to clean it before I can recover it... but again, not with the egg.  I have an egg cover and occasionally put it on, but I'm not sure why.

So, as much as I like how easily I am able to produce great food on the egg, I think that it's ability to ignore the outdoor elements is it's greatest benefit - at least in my back yard.

Comments? Thoughts?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Comments