Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bulgogi...and other %$#@

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Ill preface this by saying i've been up 28 hours...

Saw a post today about bulgogi...sorry, can't remember who. Being the country boy I am i had to Wiki and find out what the hell it is. Cruising the net I found a recipe for bulgogi burgers and thought...why not. Try finding Korean recipe items in M'boro...not happening. Finally found a recipe containing the items i could get my hands on.
Mixed the ingredients and marinaded the ground sirloin. I asked the butcher at Kroger to grind me two flat iron steaks but she said she couldn't because blah, blah, blah..
.image
Decided to sear instead of reverse sear since it was sirloin but merely seared both sides till 160. Am i the only one that misses medium rare burgers? After @travisstrick got the poopies i'm scared to eat a bloody burger.
They were ok. I'm not an expert on Korean food so i can't say whether i messed up or not. My wife isn't a culinary adventurer so i cooked regular burgers for her. The best part was the nut brown ale...

I probably shouldn't have cooked after being up so long but dammit, that's what eggers do. I didn't want to sleep so i spent all day trying to find an Paella pan. I found one...$225 was the best price I could find so finally i quit. My neighbor stopped by and after our conversation brought me his and a cookbook. Tomorrow I'll try another new cook. Found a low end Wusthof at TJMaxx...better than the butter knife I've been working with.

Henapple...Out.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments