Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you reading right now?

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
While the Egg is chugging away, I've usually got a few books on my Kindle. Thought it would be interesting to share what everybody is reading. Kind of an insight into the people we chat with every day. Currently, I've got Tasting Beer, The Complete Joy of Homebrewing and some cheesy sci-fi book that I picked up for free. What are you reading?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Re-reading Stephen King's 'Under the Dome'. Ran out of new stuff on vacation last week, so decided to read it again. So much darker than the TV version, but I'm enjoying both.
    hartofatiger Posts: 204
    Just started the new Brad Thor book this AM. Should be a good read. I only get to read it during morning business. Lol. Peace and quiet before the family rises.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    The Sun's Heartbeat, by Bob Berman. Everything about the sun and how it controls earth, thus our life.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Gillian Flynn's "Gone Girl". Beach read, leaving early in the morning for return to Texas.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bonemuse
    bonemuse Posts: 53
    I just finished two WWII nonfiction books. One was Frozen in Time, about the survival and rescue of downed planes in Greenland, and the other was Unbroken, the biography about Louis Zampernini. I would recommend either of them if you have any interest in WWII. Fascinating and horrible at the same time.
    --------------------------------------
    30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    "Enders Game" which is the sci-fi Harrison Ford vehicle for this early Thanksgiving movie season. Most of my books aren't really thinking books, just page turners.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Your post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    "Enders Game" which is the sci-fi Harrison Ford vehicle for this early Thanksgiving movie season. Most of my books aren't really thinking books, just page turners.

Make sure you follow it with Ender's Shadow. Parallel story line.
    I think I've read every book out of the Ender' s world including the newly released prequels of the Formic invasion. Good stuff. Definitely read the one told from Bean' s perspective.

Rowlett, Texas

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Almost done with "Speaking From Among the Bones: A Flavia de Luce Novel".   5th book in the series about an 11 year old savant girl in post WWII England who is an accomplished chemist and solves crimes.
    Love the Ender series... Recently finished Duma Key by King. Love all his stuff
  • Legal Environment of Business and multiple selections from Norton's Anthology of American Literature

Finishing my undergrad degree from Alabama online...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    50 Shades of Thin Blue Smoke

;)
  • dstrbd488
    dstrbd488 Posts: 66
    Re-reading marine sniper. It's about one of the founders of the USMC sniper program
  • dstrbd488 said:
    Re-reading marine sniper. It's about one of the founders of the USMC sniper program
    Carlos Hathcock III
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Portrait of Dorian Gray
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Legal Environment of Business and multiple selections from Norton's Anthology of American Literature

Finishing my undergrad degree from Alabama online...

I got my bsba in 2005 bad remember that book. Sold it back for a bag, but my wife went back to school finished in 2012 and her version of the same book is my toilet reader. Love law books. I'm sick likes that. I took the week off and have been pounding back a few john grishams. I'm reading the racketeer right now.
  • Zaltydog
    Zaltydog Posts: 106
    bonemuse said:
    I just finished two WWII nonfiction books. One was Frozen in Time, about the survival and rescue of downed planes in Greenland, and the other was Unbroken, the biography about Louis Zampernini. I would recommend either of them if you have any interest in WWII. Fascinating and horrible at the same time.
    I read Unbroken earlier this summer.  One of the most unbelievable survival stories that I have ever read.   And I have read a zillion of them since I was a kid and started reading the books wrtten by surviviors of of prisoner of war camps in Viet Nam.

To lighten things up, I am currently reading Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    These days I read 99 percent of my books on my iPad. One of the things I like is being able to download and read sample chapters of the books via iBooks. I am currently reading (looking through) The Grilling Book - The Definitive Guide From Bon Appetit and Weber's New Real Grilling. I also have downloaded samples of two other cookbooks: Bobby Flay's BBQ Addiction and Michael Chiaello's Live Fire to see if I am going to pull the trigger. 
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    I used to travel a lot and would read 2 or 3 books a week; almost everything except for sci-fi. In recent years I just haven't made as much time for reading. I do, however, have a 6 or 7 volume set on the American Civil War that I'm meaning to get in to.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Idiots Guide to Fly Fishing. 

Hendersonville, TN.
  • burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    My iPad library has Vince Flynn, John Grisham, John Sanford, brad Thor and Lee Child. David Baldacci and James Patterson. Pretty much my "go to" guys.
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    I read Yertle the Turtle or the Lorax pretty much every night. My little guy demands most of my other free time for play.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited July 2013
    The Japanese Grill, by Tadahi Ono

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    The forum. Duh
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Just finished reading Unbroken,  and now am reading The Pacific, and American Sniper. I am a WW2 History buff, and the Chris Kyle story really interested me.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    The Autobiography of George Washington..

Hustler
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Thomas Jefferson - The Art of Power, by Jon Meacham.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Griffin
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Just finished reading Unbroken,  and now am reading The Pacific, and American Sniper. I am a WW2 History buff, and the Chris Kyle story really interested me.

I enjoyed the CHris Kyle Story.

Rowlett, Texas