Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More than one brisket on a large?

Hey all,

Has anyone (especially @Cen-tex) cooked more than one brisket on a large?  

I have an AR and spider, is there a way to get 2 full packers on there?  

I'm going to meet ~20-30 friends (6+ families) at Garner State Park next week - and I offered to bring a brisket.. cook it here, FTC on the 2 hour ride down from Austin.  This has been translated from "I'm bringing *a* brisket" to "I'm bringing brisket"..   notice the difference?  This has been corrected, but of course is disappointing.  None of us like to disappoint when it comes to BBQ.    

I plan on bringing sausages and sides as 'filler', but this is Texas :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I have never cooked more than 1 on my large but now seems like a good time to get that second egg. ;)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • I have not but Alton has with his grid extender. I believe this thread is what kicked off the power buy of the extender ..................... http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1151248/double-the-pleasure-double-the-fun-brisket-baby/p1
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    If you can get it in time, you can do two with the two-tier swing rack from CGW.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Thanks guys - 

Probably a no go with with the AR + spider.. I need more toys?  

@JRWhitee  I like your thinking!

• Thanks guys - 

Probably a no go with with the AR + spider.. I need more toys?  

@JRWhitee  I like your thinking!

No but you can either borrow my extender or adjustable rig or I'll cook one (or 2 if you need more) for you in my egg. I'm around all week next week and I work at home so no biggie to me.
  • Actually I'm not around all week. Leaving monday and get Home wed night and free after that.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Doesn't the AR have two levels of cooking?  I know there are multiple configurations- but doesn't the "base" configuration give you 2 levels?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Doesn't the AR have two levels of cooking?  I know there are multiple configurations- but doesn't the "base" configuration give you 2 levels?  

Yes and it can go more if you use the spider and stone for the indirect piece.
  • sumoconnell
    Actually I'm not around all week. Leaving monday and get Home wed night and free after that.

Thanks Centex - Appreciate the offer very much.  I'll be leaving on Wed morn.  

I can go spider+stone, then  the oval grate at 1.5 and the stock grate on top (4.5).  The 15" stone doesn't allow for catching all the drips.  I might do a test run this weekend with butts... just because it's a good reason to stay up late boozin. 

• Actually I'm not around all week. Leaving monday and get Home wed night and free after that.

I can go spider+stone, then  the oval grate at 1.5 and the stock grate on top (4.5).  The 15" stone doesn't allow for catching all the drips.  I might do a test run this weekend with butts... just because it's a good reason to stay up late boozin. 

So you have a rig? You can do it for sure. Go to heb and buy the cheap drip pans on the BBQ aisle (like 2 for$2). Set that on your stone and you'll catch most. You can crumple them up to fit.
  • sumoconnell
    Actually I'm not around all week. Leaving monday and get Home wed night and free after that.

So you have a rig? You can do it for sure. Go to heb and buy the cheap drip pans on the BBQ aisle (like 2 for$2). Set that on your stone and you'll catch most. You can crumple them up to fit.
    Thanks - I do have it, just didn't think the clearance was there.  Sounds like I'm OK for double trouble!

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    Forums make it hard to post from iPad, but I think this is a swing rack pick. Easy to do two on a large. I've also done two on a standard grate with fire bricks and an inverted v-rack, but I can't find that picture.... image
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• sumoconnell
    That looks fantastic!
  • cbr0011
    cbr0011 Posts: 93
    I did two recently(16 pounders) and placed them both on the bottom grate with PS and drip pan underneath meat. They did fine. I was nervious that they overlapped and touched the edge of the egg. People loved them. Somehow everything turns out great in the egg.