Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My table is finally home and egged! (lots of pics)

Comments

• Heat transfer's from high temp cooks... Not sure that that is as big a problem as some people think. I know I've seen some that have caught their table on fire and I should change my setup soon. When the delivery company that delivered and setup my Big Green Egg just put 4 pieces of 3/4" pine blocks under the Eggs. I didn't know your were supposed to have a fire brick underneath the Egg and cooked on. I've the thing up to the MAX heat more than once and have used it 3 or 4 times a week since I got it right after this last Christmas. maybe I've just been lucky but no problem here.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Cazzy, any word on price for the chute? Hate to ask you to do this, but can you take a picture of how it is attached or is there a tab that goes under the egg and the weight holds it up? Think you said something about a bolt?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • HogHeaven said:
    Heat transfer's from high temp cooks... Not sure that that is as big a problem as some people think. I know I've seen some that have caught their table on fire and I should change my setup soon. When the delivery company that delivered and setup my Big Green Egg just put 4 pieces of 3/4" pine blocks under the Eggs. I didn't know your were supposed to have a fire brick underneath the Egg and cooked on. I've the thing up to the MAX heat more than once and have used it 3 or 4 times a week since I got it right after this last Christmas. maybe I've just been lucky but no problem here.
    I used 4 pieces of fire brick under mine - meaning 4 squares that made up the size of one regular one.  Mistake!!  The heat went between the cracks of the 4 pieces and burned my table in the shape of a cross.  So if that is what you are doing you might want to check underneath.  I didn't think there was a problem until I took the egg out to stain the table.  My table wasn't catching fire but it was burning up!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Chubbs said:

Cazzy, any word on price for the chute? Hate to ask you to do this, but can you take a picture of how it is attached or is there a tab that goes under the egg and the weight holds it up? Think you said something about a bolt?

Sorry chubs...I've been pretty busy bro.

I will try to get some pics for ya soon and I'll text Charles today about pricing. I have enough orders now so I'll get on top of that.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    edited February 2013
    HogHeaven said:

Heat transfer's from high temp cooks... Not sure that that is as big a problem as some people think. I know I've seen some that have caught their table on fire and I should change my setup soon. When the delivery company that delivered and setup my Big Green Egg just put 4 pieces of 3/4" pine blocks under the Eggs. I didn't know your were supposed to have a fire brick underneath the Egg and cooked on. I've the thing up to the MAX heat more than once and have used it 3 or 4 times a week since I got it right after this last Christmas. maybe I've just been lucky but no problem here.

I've been over a 1000 degrees and the wood underneath is still the same color. The space below offers airflow and the iron itself displaces the heat too from what the blacksmith explained.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    cazzy said:
    Sorry chubs...I've been pretty busy bro. I will try to get some pics for ya soon and I'll text Charles today about pricing. I have enough orders now so I'll get on top of that.
    Understood, sir. Much appreciated.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Talk about nice, If it would not smoke up my ceiling soooo bad I'd put it in my Den. great job

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • RPreyra
    RPreyra Posts: 7
    Wow that is one of the nicest nests I have ever seen. Congrats!
  • jfdaly007
    jfdaly007 Posts: 12
    That's incredible!
  • gator_egger
    gator_egger Posts: 68
    I've just spent the last 20 minutes drooling over your table.

Now, how do I convince my wife that I need a 2nd egg???
  • CoolBees
    CoolBees Posts: 32
    Great looking set-up.  Now my wife is all over me about replacing the GBE nest with something more attractive! 
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited May 2013
    That is awesome. I would love to have the legs/stand on my Large. Great design all around. Also, what kind of rib rack is that?
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • cazzy
    4Runner said:

That is awesome. I would love to have the legs/stand on my Large. Great design all around. Also, what kind of rib rack is that?

I honestly have no idea what brand it is...bought it too long ago. It wasn't the BGE brand. I will see if there is engraving on the stainless steel somewhere.

• cazzy
    I don't normally do this, but I'm bumping this thread.

A really big thanks to those of you that reached out to Daryn at Mandarin Studios.  I got a surprise call from him yesterday thanking me for the business that this post has generated over the past two years...and recently.  A genuine thank you goes a long way these days!

If you're in the market for a table, even if you're not in Texas, give Daryn a call.  Let him know what you're looking for and let him run with it.  He is one of the best woodworkers i've ever done business with.  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    That's a very nice set up you have there. Very nice. Way to support local business as well.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Where do ya plug in the Ethernet and laptop :-B
    Eggcellent @cazzy‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • cazzy

Where do ya plug in the Ethernet and laptop :-B
    Eggcellent @cazzy‌

On my patio of course. B-)
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    That is certainly a thing of beauty....Almost too good to use..Enjoy..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Beautiful table. Seems well thought out. @cazzy, does it still look good and function well?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Wow, so this is what intense jealousy feels like.  Dude - you are doing this right. 
    Toronto, ON
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I like the CI stands. Wonder if something similar could be done with heavy gauge rolled SS? Sweet table Caz!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • I am new here and probably have a stupid question, but I had a table built for my large egg andnam wondering his did you get the eggs lifted high enough and down into the table without drilopping it?
  • cazzy
    stemc33 said:

Beautiful table. Seems well thought out. @cazzy, does it still look good and function well?

Perfect! That has a lot to do with it being under a tarp when it's not in use. I took out the cutting board...didn't function well in the top drawer cause it was too low. Love having that big cutting board tho.
  • cazzy
    edited August 2014

I am new here and probably have a stupid question, but I had a table built for my large egg andnam wondering his did you get the eggs lifted high enough and down into the table without drilopping it?

Two of us lowered the large in. We first picked it up and set it on the table. Then lifted it again to drop in on the stand. Take out all your innards and it will lighten up alot...very manageable.
  • Thanks. I recently had surgery for a broken wrist and my son had shoulder surgery. I was thinking we'd have to take the inner pieces out and am thinking I may have to remove the dome too.
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Man, that's bad to the bone.  Nice work!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • EchoGil
    EchoGil Posts: 8
    Where did you get the hooks?

• cazzy
    EchoGil said:
    Where did you get the hooks?

Home Depot
  • PMG
    PMG Posts: 50
    @cazzy ....did you get a new q?