Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey you. Yes, you lurkers who are not posting. (Part 2)

cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
@Eggcelsior group buy and @henapple 's "Numbers" thread brought a lot of lurkers out of hiding. With that, I thought it would be a good time to repost @travisstrick 's awesome thread:

We could sure use your input. Even if you just offer some encouragement to those of us who do post.

Now that we have a view counter, its obvious that there are a lot of you out there not contributing to the forum and I'm on to you.
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Where is the gator from ?
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    All the lurkers that are not contributing are definitely being watched.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    ha wowah!

I really would like to see y'all in the background post.  I know you have to have something to add!! Or just say hello!

XLBGE 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Lurkers.. You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanted. Get on in here and help the rest of us out.
    :)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    hahahahha 

or their wives wont let them take pictures of their food!!!

XLBGE 
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540

hahahahha 

or their wives wont let them take pictures of their food!!!
    Ha I always get a dirty look
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
    NM nothing to see here. The original thread is fun to look at. Lol
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited May 2013
    cazzy said:

I thought it was funny.Was watching the Heat/Pacers. I actually have a life. i also watch TV :))
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy

cazzy said:

I thought it was funny.Was watching the Heat/Pacers. I actually have a life. i also watch TV :))

I read more of the thread and realized you were already very active at that time...so I pulled it.
  • cazzy said:
    cazzy said:

I read more of the thread and realized you were already very active at that time...so I pulled it.

yeah- I got out of the gate pretty quick
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214

I came out of hiding this morning after lurking for a long while!! I thought it was time to start posting now that I have a Big Green Egg of my own!

And all the friggin toys in the world ;-)

Lynnwood WA
  • IronEgg55
    IronEgg55 Posts: 8
    I am a lurker for sure. I must admit that this is the friendliest forum I have ever been a part of. This is quite an enjoyable experience to learn from you all.
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
    IronEgg55 said:

I am a lurker for sure. I must admit that this is the friendliest forum I have ever been a part of. This is quite an enjoyable experience to learn from you all.

Well then, I think it's time you start having fun with us! :D
  • cazzy
    That's what I'm talking bout @Evilsports

Nice cooks man...hope you post more!!!
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    @evilsports salmon candy recipe please!
    Lynnwood WA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited May 2013
    @Evilsports - Welcome to the obsession! Lots of us Canucks here, although most don't do it up as nicely as you do - great looking cooks, even if you are cooking under the shadow of Mt Blackstrap!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @Evilsports, you are in luck, to get those low smoking temps, <140 you need two eggs, linked together. Quick, tell SWMBO and get it ordered!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • ...there is drool pouring out of my mouth at the salmon candy recipe.

I might be really new here, but I'm comfortable opining that you'll fit in nicely here, @Evilsports.

And yes, the @ is that simple.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • Evilsports
    Evilsports Posts: 37
    @Skiddymarker

HA!  I'd have better luck convincing her that I was an astronaut, at this point.  With the new egg and hints about me driving down to Illinois to pick up a nest as well, I think that I've pretty much milked the "but honey, you get a new deck this year" card for everything that it was worth.
  • Ok, ok...message received! I will start actually posting my comments instead of telling them to SWMBO. She will probably be a lot happier!
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2013
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    All of you lurkers can begin by telling us who your favorite active poster is and why.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013