Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 EggHead Forum Rub & Sauce Exchange

Comments

• chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited May 2013
    No matter how hard you try, post over there, and beg, the old timers and most of the posters over at GE will have nothing to do with this site and most will ignore you. Case and point. How many of them have reciprocated the butt kissing the few of you have done there, here? Time will prove me right. Already has. No need for a stupid board war, but kissing butt and bowing down (which is what many think you are doing) will not make you look good to them. Makes you look weak and will not make any difference at the end of the day.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013

No matter how hard you try, post over there, and beg, the old timers and most of the posters over at GE will have nothing to do with this site and most will ignore you. Case and point. How many of them have reciprocated the butt kissing the few of you have done there, here? Time will prove me right. Already has. No need for a stupid board war, but kissing butt and bowing down (which is what many think you are doing) will not make you look good to them. Makes you look weak and will not make any difference at the end of the day.

Leave and take your ball home chrisnjenn! I have tried to like you, but all you ever have to say is negative stuff. Why are you here? You don't seem to like us seeing how all you ever do is start drama.

In one breath, you talk all high morale and call for people to be banned for cussing; then in the next breath, you do the same and don't hold yourself accountable.

Please, go find another site that embraces douchebags!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • chrisnjenn
    edited May 2013
    You can call me all the names you want, but I'm telling the truth. Anyone can go over here and read the threads some on here started. There is mostly silence especially after they learned you came from here. Lets see how many sign up for the gift exchange from there. I bet less than 5 and that is if they are newbies there. Truth hurts. The butt kissing and the desperate need to be accepted there is funny though. Pathetic, but funny.
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013

You can call me all the names you want, but I'm telling the truth. Anyone can go over here and read the threads some on here started. There is mostly silence especially after they learned you came from here. Lets see how many sign up for the gift exchange from there. I bet less than 5 and that is if they are newbies there. Truth hurts. The butt kissing and the desperate need to be accepted there is funny though. Pathetic, but funny.

Man, you are the true definition of a Debbie Downer!!!

Truth doesn't hurt, cause I, unlike yourself have hope! I don't believe that the world is going to end. Your mom obviously never taught you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I repeat, why are you here? Why are you in this thread hating on it if you're not participating? Why are you on this forum if you never even post a cook thread? I've never seen a single cook from you...
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    As tempting as it is, we should all just leave chrisnjenn alone. He is a troll and nothing else. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • chrisnjenn
    edited May 2013
    Hope? Sad if being accepted on a message board is that important. I have hope for many things, but being accepted on a message board among people I most likely will never meet isn't high on the hope priority scale.
  • cazzy

Hope? Sad if being accepted on a message board is that important. I have hope for many things, but being accepted on a message board among people I most likely will never meet isn't high on the hope priority scale. Participating? :)

I'm accepted, my cooks (unlike yourself), speak for themselves! On both sites!

It has nothing to do with acceptance and everything to do with finding a common ground and ending the stupid forum war. Why? Cause I don't want to see members at greeneggers to lose a place they call home.

I'm done talking to you and kindly ask that you move along. This thread is not the place for your negative input.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @chrisnjenn

Take a hike bud, your obviously the only one with a problem.

It actually only takes ten seconds and a search engine to find your pretty great at making friends over there as well....

As we say in the south, "Why don't you go back to your trailer and fry(egg) something!"

At least some sort of cooking thread from you would be an improvement.

XLBGE 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168

@chrisnjenn - Why do you care?  If others are "kissing their butts", is that a reflection on you?  Is this a war or some kind of contest to see which site is better?  You seem to think so because you write that reaching out to the other forum makes us look weak.

Does it sound naïve that we're all people, regardless of which forum we belong, that enjoy good BBQ and cooking on our eggs?  That may sound simplistic, but I think it should be that simple.

Over time I've noticed you like to do exactly as @cazzy said.  You have gotten upset with the occasional salty language and called for people to be banned.  The next post you start spewing negative garbage and bad-mouthing people.  What positives do you bring to the table?  Check yourself. 

Flint, Michigan
  • MrCookingNurse
    edited May 2013
    Lets stop the flame war that has started. 

This is what chrisnjenn wants. 

I have reported his abuse to customer service.  They handled the last two trolls we had, so this should be no different.  

XLBGE 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Chris Williams, why do you post as a quite helpful egger @evansegger and then as contrary and argumentative @chrisnjenn? I mean, you criticized the exchange as chrisnjenn but joined it as Evansegger with chrisnjenn@me.com. You do a similar thing on greeneggers.com. You shoot your pictures with your Nikon DSLR for both handles(Hooray EXIF) , your Razorback handle is the same under both handles, and end many of both handle's posts with something like "this will last longer than I will".

@cazzy went out of his way to set this up but you are only here to crap on it. I am not going to call you a troll or mark your posts. I am truly just curious as to why you have the desire to create discord with one and harmony with the other.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Hope? Sad if being accepted on a message board is that important. I have hope for many things, but being accepted on a message board among people I most likely will never meet isn't high on the hope priority scale.
    I think what is sad is the way you have chosen to "be right". Kinda like walking in front of a semi while using the crosswalk, you can be right, dead right. Your message may have merit but once presented like it is, no one really listens. Pity.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Do not feed the troll.  There is literally nothing to be gained.

Even if true, his point is utterly meaningless.  So what if a forum of strangers on the Internet thinks a forum of other strangers on the Internet are "bowing down" by being nice?  Does it make the cooks here less delicious?  The camraderie less real?  

Are we emboldening the other forum to do...wait, what could they do?  Oh, nothing?  Right, I forgot.

God forbid a pack of strangers chooses to look down on something we post on the Internet.

Back ON topic:  just found out a buddy of mine who does competitions has his own bottled BBQ sauce he sells, so that's going in the care package for whomever I draw.  The rest will be stuff from local joints that sell "to-go" bottles - including a place where my wife and I had one of our early dates, and another place that catered our rehearsal dinner - and our local organic butcher who does vacuum-packed, house-made stuff.  Trying to give a little slice of our lives to the lucky winner.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013

Chris Williams, why do you post as a quite helpful egger @evansegger and then as contrary and argumentative @chrisnjenn? I mean, you criticized the exchange as chrisnjenn but joined it as Evansegger with chrisnjenn@me.com. You do a similar thing on greeneggers.com. You shoot your pictures with your Nikon DSLR for both handles(Hooray EXIF) , your Razorback handle is the same under both handles, and end many of both handle's posts with something like "this will last longer than I will".

@cazzy went out of his way to set this up but you are only here to crap on it. I am not going to call you a troll or mark your posts. I am truly just curious as to why you have the desire to create discord with one and harmony with the other.

Holy wow, no way! LOL =))
  • cazzy
    cazzy said:

If this is true and god, I hope it's true. It now makes total sense why @Evansegger sent MCN Oakridge BBQ Rubs. We all know the fascination @chrisnjenn has with it (I still can't wait to try it lol).
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    For not caring about forums, that guy sure is on a lot. Even spoiledmaltese.com
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • MrCookingNurse
    cazzy said:
    Chris Williams, why do you post as a quite helpful egger @evansegger and then as contrary and argumentative @chrisnjenn? I mean, you criticized the exchange as chrisnjenn but joined it as Evansegger with chrisnjenn@me.com. You do a similar thing on greeneggers.com. You shoot your pictures with your Nikon DSLR for both handles(Hooray EXIF) , your Razorback handle is the same under both handles, and end many of both handle's posts with something like "this will last longer than I will". @cazzy went out of his way to set this up but you are only here to crap on it. I am not going to call you a troll or mark your posts. I am truly just curious as to why you have the desire to create discord with one and harmony with the other.
    If this is true and god, I hope it's true. It now makes total sense why @Evansegger sent MCN Oakridge BBQ Rubs. We all know the fascination @chrisnjenn has with it (I still can't wait to try it lol).
    I'm just as curious as you are, obviously.  

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    I'm sorry, but all I can think about is this song after this hilarious exposure!!! =))

http://youtu.be/2Ksg6fFUnCM
  • MrCookingNurse

=))

oh my, well after a few seconds... its Jen who is on there, but she appears to have the same problem as Chris, majority of her post are offensive or apologies. 

XLBGE 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I'm just now seeing this, I'm in and it sounds like a great idea!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • cazzy
    Evensegger is now showing as "Declined Invitation" and now is using a 3rd email.

The fact the he unenrolled from the exchange instead of coming over and saying he isn't chrisnjenn proves to me that they are one in the same!

Nice catch @Eggcelsior
  • Eggcelsior

You can check out dpreview.com too. He has also changed the email on the elfster page from a @me.com, to @gmail.com, to know @yahoo.com and is slowly deleting info. He's been at this since 2009.
  • MrCookingNurse
    So crazy....

I've got a six pack of rubs in my kitchen from this cat.

XLBGE 
  • Great idea. I'm going to participate.

Great idea. I'm going to participate.

That's the spirit. Don't let that mean ol @chrisnjenn run you off. =))
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • MrCookingNurse
    edited May 2013
    Poor Jenn

Edit: I mean the dudes wife

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    This has been a hilarious night! Pathetic, but funny.

Thanks @Eggcelsior
  • cazzy

No problem.

Here is one more laugh. I like myself, but not this much...

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1330973/#Comment_1330973

Winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah. =))
  • Eggcelsior
    Who needs a banned sign?

This works too.