Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Love my BGE

Terrebandit
Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
Bought my BGE at the Athens TX Egg Fest. Since that day I've done chicken, ribs, pork chops, bacon-wrapped jalapeños, veggies and pork tenderloins. So much more to explore and enjoy. Looking forward to getting some new ideas from this community. Have a great day.
Dave - Austin, TX

Comments

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Welcome to the obsession! Pizza is a must. If you haven't already, get yourself a pizza stone....
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Welcome to the cult. This forum is like a Fest except without the calories.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Welcome to the zoo. Most of the animals are house broken, all of them are friendly. Lots of good ideas and ways to try the same thing with a different twist. Always something to learn. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Welcome. Glad to have you. Sounds like its time for an overnighter.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Welcome....pretty new here also from the N. Texas area.  I wanted to make the Athens Egg Fest, but was unable to.  How was it?

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    One of the great things about this forum is that you can have your own ideas and ask for suggestions and you will get like 20 different ways to do something and none of them are necessarily  wrong, then you can pick and choose and still come out with something great

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Welcome
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Terrebandit
    KennyLee said:
    Welcome....pretty new here also from the N. Texas area.  I wanted to make the Athens Egg Fest, but was unable to.  How was it?
    It was great. I think we had close to 1000 people there. Every one was helpful, it was a great place to have, and I will be back.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Terrebandit
    Welcome. Glad to have you. Sounds like its time for an overnighter.

that would be a pork butt? I'm looking forward to that. I've done several on my gas grill before, cooking indirect, and they have been amazing. Can't wait to try it on the Egg.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    KennyLee said:
    I am going next year for sure, didn't know about it until it was too late. Love to fish Lake Athens.
  • Terrebandit
    Plano_JJ said:
    KennyLee said:
    I am going next year for sure, didn't know about it until it was too late. Love to fish Lake Athens.

one of my favorite lakes too.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Welcome and have fun egging.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    welcome

have fun

take pictures

and for God's sake, would you please apologize for something already! ;)
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    I want to apologize for the OP as he is new here and thus has more sanity than the rest of us.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I want to apologize for the OP as he is new here and thus has more sanity than the rest of us.
    And what's all this "welcome" crap?  We'll never be a big time forum if we welcome people.  8-}

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Village Idiot
    By the way, Terre - welcome !

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

I want to apologize for you not saying welcome yesterday. And I want to go ahead and apologize for @hapster and @Village_Idiot because somebody should and they'll probably do something soon that needs apologizing for. ;)

Isn't apologizing fun? And I apologize if I got off topic there. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Village Idiot
    Griffin said:

I want to apologize for you not saying welcome yesterday. And I want to go ahead and apologize for @hapster and @Village_Idiot because somebody should and they'll probably do something soon that needs apologizing for. ;)

I'm sorry you feel that way, Grif.  I do apologize.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Griffin said:

Did VI not take his medication again? If so, I also apologize.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited May 2013
    I want to apologize to the fact that bbqlearner had to apologize for VI not taking his meds. 

Welcome. Definitely go with pulled pork, I thought min was good in my vertical smoker until I egged one. 

With the knowledge of the people here you'll be making good brisket in no time. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Welcome aboard.  Degree of Kool-Aid consumption is personal choice.  Just don't apologize for it :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Terrebandit
    This place is great and I think I will fit in very well. The morning after the Athens egg fest I met a couple of the egg fest experts in the hotel lobby. They were the folks that were cooking for everyone the day before. I learned more about the egg in a couple hours there than I could have learned in a lifetime. I also discovered how passionate eggheads were about their eggs and their cooking. I don't know if any of them are hanging out here, but if they are I want to say thank you. BTW, I cooked two ribeye steaks this evening and they were to die for! :)>-
    Dave - Austin, TX