Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

15 Steaks of fun!!

cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
For Mother's Day lunch, I had the fortunate pleasure to grill some New York Strips for some beautiful mothers!  While it was challenging, I had a blast and everything came out wonderful.  

My crowd had the following temperature preference:
  • medium-rare
  • medium
  • medium-well
  • cremated  
I packed up my eggs last night, then drove to my in-laws and set up another uncomfortable egg center.   :P

The meat!

Getting my sear on!

Roasting time!

I pulled off each steak about 5 degrees below my target temp and topped each steak with garlic butter slices during their rest.  My favorite cook to date!

The proof is in the pudding   :D

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Looks fantastic, Cazzy !!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Well done. T-REX is the perfect method for cooking steaks to different temps, especially in large batches. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Obviously followed your Saturday adventure-never a doubt about the outcome today!  Fantastic weekend of cooks-you can get by on little to no sleep based on the past couple of days!  Congrats on nailing another!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Will you be my date to the next Fest :x
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cazzy
    Hi54putty said:
    Well done. T-REX is the perfect method for cooking steaks to different temps, especially in large batches. 

Is it really T-REX if I use a spider/cast iron for searing, don't go nuclear, and roast immediately (when possible)?
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
    Looks fantastic, Cazzy !!!

Thanks Gary! I still hope to plate like you one day! :)
    lousubcap said:
    Obviously followed your Saturday adventure-never a doubt about the outcome today!  Fantastic weekend of cooks-you can get by on little to no sleep based on the past couple of days!  Congrats on nailing another!

Thanks Cap! It was a fun weekend even though I worked my butt off...when I wasn't relaxing! :P
    Mickey said:

I've been waiting to hear you say that for 1 year!! ;)
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    cazzy said:

Hi54putty said:

Is it really T-REX if I use a spider/cast iron for searing, don't go nuclear, and roast immediately (when possible)?

T-CAZ
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • cazzy
    Hi54putty said:
    Hi54putty said:

T-CAZ

=))
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Mickey said:

y

Don't do it cazzy....

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    WOW, looks great. That last pic is fantastic, I just finished eating and I'm drooling
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    @cazzy, if there are any sculptors in your family they need to make a statue of you after what you have done this weekend.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• cazzy
    edited May 2013
    Foghorn said:

@cazzy, if there are any sculptors in your family they need to make a statue of you after what you have done this weekend.

Lmao! No statue...but I'm working hard to get a egg purchased for Beeville. ;)
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Wow what a cook!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    @cazzy is apparently this weeks recipient of the "Egger of the week"  Man you've had a awesome weekend.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Foghorn
    @cazzy is apparently this weeks recipient of the "Egger of the week"  Man you've had a awesome weekend.

Please see the Throwdown thread.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• cazzy
    Thanks guys!  It was a blast and most importantly, I learned from the experience!   :)
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Great cook and beautiful pictures.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013

Great cook and beautiful pictures.

Thanks Dave!

I'm finally packed up! I don't plan to be traveling with my eggs for a while...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Picked up for bags of RO at Wal-Mart...not that bad and it saves me a trip to get more WGWW. ;)
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Dude, you're on a roll.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Foghorn
    Dude, don't unpack - just swing by my house and make it your next stop. 

San Antonio, TX

• cazzy
    I guess I just felt like throwing one more thing together before I leave. You see bacon, then left over baked potatoes...what else are you supposed to do. Lol

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos