Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SWMBO??

BOWHUNR
BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
O.K. guys, I know for the most part this is a tongue in cheek joke, but are there some of you out there that really have to live that way?  We have both provided throughout our 20 years of marriage, but my job has always been the largest source of income.  She has never wanted for anything nor complained about what she didn't have.  When I show up with a new egg or eggcessory she just jabs a little and asks what I'm going to do with that.  Better yet, when I show up with a new gun she says "cool! when can we go shoot it".  I'm the first to admit I'm a lucky man for  finding her, but how many of you here live in fear of the SWMBO?  Or are there any of you that will admit it?  :)

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Very much tongue in cheek on my side.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364

Anyone who uses that acronym lives in fear, by definition. 

But hey, what do I know?  I'm divorced.  :))

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Focker said:

Anyone who uses that acronym lives in fear, by definition. 

But hey, what do I know?  I'm divorced.  :))

Plus you work in a profession with a 97/3 female to male ratio. I feel soooo bad for you ;)
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    double said:
    Very much tongue in cheek on my side.
    +1
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • BOWHUNR
    I will gladly admit it. We live in a completely opposite relationship, in the views of "normal" marriages. She is the breadwinner and has the traditionally male job of law enforcement. I have the traditionally female job of Registered Nurse. None of that is the reason though. This is why: I carry a stethoscope to work, she carries a gun. I can auscultate heart and lung sounds, she can make them stop. ;)
    Noone is going to beat that reply.  The last sentence is priceless!  Nicely done sir!

Mike

Omaha, NE
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    The Spouse was the 2011 Iron Woman in the Florida State Muzzle Loading Association competition.  Involved black powder rifle, pistol, and smoothbore shooting, as well as hawk and knife throwing.  By God I might not be required to obey her, but I take it under serious consideration
    :-j

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I obey her but only because she always says I don't care when I ask or why you asking me. We have no rugrats yet and make decent money, I am stock piling all the toys I can get now before its too late.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Lit said:

I obey her but only because she always says I don't care when I ask or why you asking me. We have no rugrats yet and make decent money, I am stock piling all the toys I can get now before its too late.

You're a smart dude. I got my egg for Father's Day. Smack my head every day for not getting one a year earlier when I got my dad one.
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
    edited April 2013
    Maybe it's time to introduce HWMGAP
    Gittin' there...
  • BOWHUNR
    O.K.  I'll bite.

Omaha, NE
  • BOWHUNR said:
    O.K.  I'll bite.
    Rhymes with, Throw A Pear...
    Gittin' there...
  • BOWHUNR
    He who might give a ph@#k?

Omaha, NE
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    I use the term out of respect for the woman I love who has been my companion and best friend for more than 40 years. We both work, make similar salaries, and buy whatever we want whenever we want with no complaining.  I feel very blessed in my life with a wonderful wife, children, and grandchildren.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I call mine Bridezilla. She is very patriotic. She does her part to keep the economy rolling no matter how painful it might be for me.  

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Kruegs
    Kruegs Posts: 128
    BOWHUNR said:
    O.K.  I'll bite.
    Rhymes with, Throw A Pear...
    The problem with that interpretation is that it isn't always conducive with another acroynm with the same letters...HWMGAP "He who must get a piece".:)
    XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I say it tongue in cheek. No fear of my wife, but you know the saying. "Happy wife, happy life". We do have a mutual understanding that all large purchases are discussed first, though. Sometimes the lines are blurry on what a large purchase is. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Kruegs said:

BOWHUNR said:

O.K.  I'll bite.
    Rhymes with, Throw A Pear...The problem with that interpretation is that it isn't always conducive with another acroynm with the same letters...HWMGAP "He who must get a piece".:)

" he who must grow a pair"
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Thought it was HWMGAB - He Who Must Grovel And Beg.    :-SS

Totally tongue in cheek. Mine is much like Griffin's.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I'm a believer in efficiency through division of responsibility. Somehow I've managed a backyard fiefdom that SWMBO has overlooked (or lets me think so since I mow it.)  

Singed HWMGAB,
    pending LAR approval
    ಠ_ಠ

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited April 2013
    Like Griff, it is tongue in cheek, with a sense of flattery. I have used the term to describe the girl I married 42 years ago for at least 46 years. Based on the novel by H Rider Haggard, a favourite of mine. The movie starring Ursula Andress (also THE Bond girl - at the time a woman idolized by most teen-aged boys), was popular in the late sixties.
    In our generation the male was often considered to be the "head of the household", however as noted in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, the woman is the neck, and tells the man where and what to look at, again - tongue in cheek. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Why it is flattery....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    I will gladly admit it. We live in a completely opposite relationship, in the views of "normal" marriages. She is the breadwinner and has the traditionally male job of law enforcement. I have the traditionally female job of Registered Nurse. None of that is the reason though. This is why: I carry a stethoscope to work, she carries a gun. I can auscultate heart and lung sounds, she can make them stop. ;)
    This is absolutely hilarious!!!

I live by SWMBO for a few different reason,

1) I'm very blessed and have an amazing beautiful godly wife and mother of my children, so I take care of her needs and wants. 

2) It makes life easier!! But on the other hand, I am the authority in our household, she respects me and lets me have my hobbies and free time  when it works

3) She wears the pants, and if I behave, she lets me get in them 
    8-}

XLBGE 
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    I dont know much, but she lets me play with her toys!!!

=)) =))imageimage

Men, easier fed than understood!!