Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado=Fantastic

The first Eggfest is under the belt! We had a big, giant time in Salado.... a beautiful village... and an amazing event! Mickey...Leroy... ya'll did good! Had a chance to meet so many people from the forum... and then some! Everyone was gracious, smiling, laughing.... it was a hoot.

Thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome!

BOOMER!

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited March 2013
    Great meeting ya and we had a great time!  Much thanks to Mickey and his wife, and Will, who graciously let a bunch of rowdy eggheads party at his Inn, and everyone else, too numerous to name.  Lotta fun, we'll be there next year. :D
    Just so everyone knows JD and his wife were the most professional looking set. I missed your wings but I'm gonna holler when I'm in Allen....and I'll score you some Ozark.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    Just so everyone knows JD and his wife were the most professional looking set. I missed your wings but I'm gonna holler when I'm in Allen....and I'll score you some Ozark.

rocking those sweet Dickies shirts! (call me when you want more)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    I just found the meat glue when unpacking....thanks CT!  I'm plotting a Frankenstein cook at this very moment.  Maybe platypus loin glued to nutria tail wrapped in salmon skin.... ;)
    Cen Tex...meat glue dealer.
  • I just found the meat glue when unpacking....thanks CT!  I'm plotting a Frankenstein cook at this very moment.  Maybe platypus loin glued to nutria tail wrapped in salmon skin.... ;)

yes! have fun with it. i ended up with a rig extender from @TJV somehow so other than the ridiculous hangover, looks like I came out OK. My 17 year old just asked me if I was sober (I sort of am) so I have that going for me. #fatheroftheyear.
  • nolaegghead
    I looked like Travis's avatar when I woke up Sunday morning.  (James Brown's mug shot)  Felt even worse.

We went to my brother's hotel room, I was so hammered I fell asleep there and SWMBO dragged me back to our room around 2AM.
    I'm currently maintaining radio silence until I feel like a human being again.

My wife is very angry with me. That means I had a great time.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2013
    I'm currently maintaining radio silence until I feel like a human being again. My wife is very angry with me. That means I had a great time.

Travis you had a great time :ar!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    Before Salado 
    :o3

After Salado

:ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! 

We went to my brother's hotel room, I was so hammered I fell asleep there and SWMBO dragged me back to our room around 2AM.

same basic scene here. Sh*t show is an understatement. Had a ton of fun though
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @ The Cen-Tex Smoker...did y'all get the virus emergency solved. I heard all about a xbox 360 crisis today.
  • henapple said:
    @ The Cen-Tex Smoker...did y'all get the virus emergency solved. I heard all about a xbox 360 crisis today.

Ha! Negotiations are STILL ongoing. He's 2 feet from me right now running his trap about it. Too funny.
  • and i just dug through my drunk pants from last night (not a task for the weak at heart). Who gave me that awesome streamlight mini-flashlight? That thing is awesome! If I stole it, please PM me and i'll send it back.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    and i just dug through my drunk pants from last night (not a task for the weak at heart). Who gave me that awesome streamlight mini-flashlight? That thing is awesome! If I stole it, please PM me and i'll send it back.
    That was me. It was a gift. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • thank you! that thing is sweet. check your phone. Dude those text messages from last night were world class. still laughing.
  • nolaegghead
    I found about 5 bottle caps (weird, I was mostly drinking spiked diet Coke), some greasy paper towel, a wallet that was a helluvalot lighter, and some suspicious white powder all over my SOG tactical knife.  I'm hoping that's meat glue and not something else.
  • I found about 5 bottle caps (weird, I was mostly drinking spiked diet Coke), some greasy paper towel, a wallet that was a helluvalot lighter, and some suspicious white powder all over my SOG tactical knife.  I'm hoping that's meat glue and not something else.

It was meat glue but it had a very Tony Montana feel about it when you did it. "Say Hello to my little friend"!
  • nolaegghead
    Good thing Gary isn't a crazy paranoid tweaker, or I'd be filled with holes on Friday night.

Travis you had a great time :ar!

i heard i did too. Sounds awesome. Wish I was there