Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado Eggfest

Enjoyed the build up and road threads leading up to today. Looking forward to more from Salado. Have a great day everyone!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Me too. Wish I could be there. Keep the pictures coming..... ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    We need a live fee for next year.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    With the sound for sure !!  We need video with sound, i know the Chicken can handle this!!!
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Can WiFi transmit taste or smell yet?

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    The home cured Canadian Bacon was a big hit. 45 cooks and about 375 tasters. Best Eggfest in these parts IMHO. Kissin, huggin bunch of cooks and long time friends. Would never miss one and always cook. Thanks Mickey and LeRoy, you guys are the best.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I prefer blasted dome to creamy head
    that was f-ing travis

@nolaegghead - has Travis changed his username?

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    edited March 2013
    The Canadian Bacon recipe is posted in Pork recipes. This is one is becoming a favorite in our house. Having it again this morning.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • i might have had one too many. awesome time though. thanks mickey! (and no thanks to NOLA and Travis- ouch). where's my damn meat glue????
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @gabriegger My 'puter was streaming music from Cen-tex's cell into the giant boom box, and was logged into the forum as me when travis typed that.  Had a great time, nice to put faces with the online personalities.  

I'll flesh out some of the details of the fest when we're on the road.  We're eating at McCain's Bakery and Cafe in Salado, then we're hitting the road back to San Antonio. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    It's about time someone surfaced and started to leak the particulars of the grand event.  If you all are sworn to secrecy then it was even better than advertised.  Dang-like I have said before-a bucket list event for sure.  Congrats to all who participated and especially to Spring Chicken , Mickey and I'm sure others who did the heavy lifting to make it happen.  I believe henapple also merits a mention since he cleaned the country out of Ozark Oak on the road trip. And nola for being wuss enuf to let SWMBO drive the bimmer (doesn't matter who's name is on the title:)) and give us voyeurs a great running road trip commentary.  Until next year- :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    What happens in Salado stays in Salado. That's why nobody has mentioned the tasters who showed up in a private helicopter at the site... Oops

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    lousubcap said:
    It's about time someone surfaced and started to leak the particulars of the grand event.  If you all are sworn to secrecy then it was even better than advertised.  Dang-like I have said before-a bucket list event for sure.  Congrats to all who participated and especially to Spring Chicken , Mickey and I'm sure others who did the heavy lifting to makje it happen.  I believe henapple also merits a mention since he cleaned the country out of Ozark Oak on the road trip. And nola for being wuss enuf to let SWMBO drive the bimmer (doesn't matter who's name is on the title:)) and give us voyeurs a great running road trip commentary.  Until next year- :)>-

Put henapples name at the top of that list. My friend, thanks for the heavy lifting Fri and Sat. I want to thank everyone.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    If all goes as planned this is going to be part of a family vacation next year. I think SWMBO is glad this is over and me saying I want to go to Salado next year.
    Lynnwood WA