Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I miss Village Idiot

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
With Gary not posting I have no way to use the "Flag" or "Off Topic" button anymore. Hope the buttons are still working. I need practice before he gets here a week from Saturday.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    I would like to think I am tied into this group, bur obviously not.  VI never did anything but entertain me, and I don't know how the banishment happened.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mickey
    Options
    I would like to think I am tied into this group, bur obviously not.  VI never did anything but entertain me, and I don't know how the banishment happened.

Doc it was self banishment. He is coming to Salado and talk to him a couple of times a month.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Maybe Centex will show back up and start posting again as well?!

Me as well. Talked to him today. Was signed up for Salado but did not make the connection it was the same weekend as South-by-SouthWest and had people coming.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Cen Tex was on a few days ago...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I must have missed that

I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    So, we aren't talking about Stike? Boy, I miss him. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Mickey
    Options
    I always liked Stike on both forums. Wish he was back as well.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Miss them both.  (*sniff*) I learned more about egging and meat from Stike than anyone else, on or off the forum.
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I always liked Stike on both forums. Wish he was back as well.
    You liked him?!

He's found a new hobby. Working. I'm hoping to see him in the spring when Fred's Franks reopens. That is, if his wife will let him out of his office.
  • Jscott
    Jscott Posts: 174
    Options
    I miss him too, good sense of humor and a great cook as well!
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Options
    Is there some way we can make them come back?
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    VI, Stike and Centex always had informative posts, sometime I had to reread Centex's posts to really get it, but always entertaining. On the plus side, there are some really entertaining newer folks here that are getting a little more time and attention....Ah, the circle of life. (queue music from The Lion King)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Why did they leave?
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I think most of the issues were between Tweeve, them, and the lack of enough moderation of the forum.

A real shame...
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    That is indeed my SWMBO!
    Welcome Mrs. NOLA.  Nice post.  I'm honored to give you your first "Like".  Shhh!  Don't tell Wilma!
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Thanks Fred. 

At Salado, assuming Gary doesn't read this, or doesn't drink enough wine to forget that he did by the time I bump in to him at Salado, I'm going to (and remember he has no idea what I look like) say, "Hi Gary!  I'm Tweeve!"  I'll report back on the reaction. :D
    Options
    Thanks Fred. 

At Salado, assuming Gary doesn't read this, or doesn't drink enough wine to forget that he did by the time I bump in to him at Salado, I'm going to (and remember he has no idea what I look like) say, "Hi Gary!  I'm Tweeve!"  I'll report back on the reaction. :D

Eh, he carries ( remember you are in Texas). Nobody better get shot at my Fest.

• FleurdeLirious
    Options
    Anybody pops a cap in my man, I'll take my lucky stabbin' knife and cut 'em like the Mississippi river (WIIIIIIIDE AND DEEP). Problem is, I keep forgetting to bring my lucky stabbin' knife... 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    @nolaegghead .... When I get on the forum my wife just rolls her eyes and gives me "the look". Somehow you get your wife to join. Whats the secret? Did she decide, if you can't beat them join them? Welcome @fleurdelirious.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @shtgunal3 She's been lurking. Yaknow, checking up on me.  I gotta warn VI, she also carries.  Or, at least she used to.  As the youngest of 8 kids, she will put a beat down on anyone that tries to pop a cap in my ass, so be forewarned!
    Options
    For Salado, I got my new bad-ass cooler yesterday.  Perfect for on-route sous vide. 

Pelican 45 qt (that's not me, VI)
    I DO NOT LURK! Don't believe him, boys (and perhaps girls). I only log on when he gives me the insistent "you gotta read this thread!" This is perhaps the 3rd or 4th time I've been on the forum on my own computer rather than reading what he's showing me. Looks like NOLA's gonna feel the sharp point of my lucky stabbin' knife real soon... @shtgunal3 -- I frequently roll my eyes when he's spending ridiculous amts of time on the forum, but as long as the fabulous food keeps rolling off the grill, my mouth's too full to complain.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    You guys are killing me!! =))
    Flint, Michigan
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    For Salado, I got my new bad-ass cooler yesterday.  Perfect for on-route sous vide. 

Pelican 45 qt (that's not me, VI)
    i will give you props if you mobile sous vide.  you can then sear on your manifold.  i like where your heads at
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    C'mon babe.  Love ya.  Just can't resist a little hyperbole :D
    Options
    @Fleurdilerious welcome, reading the ravings of Nola for the past year, I truly understand your chosen handle, excellent choice. He always does have something of interest if not entertaining to add to the forum, thank you for keeping him safe and not setting fire to either himself or your home, enjoy the fest..
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!