Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One Last Cook Of Your Life...What Would It Be

So I searched for this and didn't find a similar thread on the forums...so I thought I would ask.

If you only had one more meal what would you cook.  Pics and recipes welcome!
Anderson, SC
XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Cheese, soda crackers, bourbon, and my Python.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    edited March 2013
    I think it might be a bunch of different apps. Pork shots, venison chunks wrapped in bacon and dipped in bbq sauce, grilled pineapple. And whatever else I can wrap In bacon and a steak
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    With thick cut fresh tomatoes and red onions, drizzle with EVOO & sprinkled with Crazy Jane's mixed up salt...

This one was a little over 2 pounds...

• I was going to say a nice thick steak. But damn @hapster u didn't have to do that to me!!
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Prolly something low and slow to prolong the my last day alive

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    This and this

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    I think I would go for this. But a big fat Ribeye in allegro and a nice hoppy IPA wouldn't be a bad way to go either!image
    Anderson, SC

• r270ba
    @hapster that looks crazy good. Lamb?
    Anderson, SC

• daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498

baby backs,stuffed jalapenos!!and as many beer as i can drink before its all over!!!

L-)
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Fried Pork Chop, Ribeye Steak, Mac n cheese, ABT's, Bacon, and Blueberry Pancakes.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Last Meal… Ever was a post @miscjames is doing for a buddy it has a few good ideas on the last meal topic.

I would probably make paella or some complicated cook to enjoy the egg one last time! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • pluffmud
    pluffmud Posts: 15
    I always said if I was on death row my last meal would be pizza. Now I would request pizza made on the egg.
    "The Lowcountry" (Mt. Pleasant, SC) ~ LBGE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'm not sure but beans and cornbread or biscuits and gravy would be part of it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Mine might be non green egg related. I love scrambled eggs ( more undercooked than done) bacon , cheddar , between 2 slices of sourdough. One of my favorite meals .
    Seattle, WA
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687

r270ba said:
    So I searched for this and didn't find a similar thread on the forums...so I thought I would ask.

You're not dying, are you??

If I was about to die, I am guessing I wouldn't have much of an appetite.

But if I did, I would cook chicken wings.
    Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    It would have to be about a 2 pound cowboy ribeye with a twice baked potato.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I would cook up $20,000 worth of black truffles in a truffle-kabob with some "real" Kobe beef cowboy steaks and I'd dust everything with a 24K gold flake rub.  I'd toss it all back with some Macallan 1939.
    London Broil, sliced thin enough to see through. Served with rice, fresh fruit salad and a hot crusty sour dough bread. For dessert, vanilla bean ice cream with fresh strawberries, walnuts and fresh whipped cream.
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Blackened Rib-Eye and Lobster...aka "Surf and Turf".  :)>-

Opelika, Alabama
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    r270ba said:
    Nope... Prime dry aged cowboy bone in rib-eye. I get them usually just for Father's Day...
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    A beef tenderloin, baked potato, asparagus, some ABTs and a bottle of Malbec 
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • r270ba
    SkinnyV said:
    Mine might be non green egg related. I love scrambled eggs ( more undercooked than done) bacon , cheddar , between 2 slices of sourdough. One of my favorite meals .
    That is too funny.  I never cook my scrambled eggs undercooked but my grandmother always did.  Very different taste and a taste that I forgot I enjoyed so much.  Saturday morning my eggs will be scrambled and undercooked!
    Anderson, SC

• r270ba
    edited March 2013
    Solson005 said:
    Last Meal… Ever was a post @miscjames is doing for a buddy it has a few good ideas on the last meal topic.

I would probably make paella or some complicated cook to enjoy the egg one last time! 
    Solson005 That looks excellent!  Paella is on my short list.  Care to share a recipe?
    Anderson, SC

• r270ba

r270ba said:

You're not dying, are you??

If I was about to die, I am guessing I wouldn't have much of an appetite.

But if I did, I would cook chicken wings.
    Cheers!
    Chris
    Nature Boy we are all dying...but I hope not anytime soon :).  The reason I created this post was because I have been through a pretty long list of cooks and I wanted some new ideas.  I thought if folks had to choose one meal that would be a pretty good list of things to choose from to do next.

Chicken wings are definitely best on the egg!
    Anderson, SC

• r270ba
    hapster said:
    r270ba said:
    Nope... Prime dry aged cowboy bone in rib-eye. I get them usually just for Father's Day...
    I have got to try one of these cowboy ribeyes.  Where do you get them?  I don't really have a butcher close by but I do have a costco.
    Anderson, SC

• r270ba
    A beef tenderloin, baked potato, asparagus, some ABTs and a bottle of Malbec 
    @smokindawg82 I have plenty of Malbec and can bring some out to the Clemson Ga game if you want to stop by :).  It will be a house divided so you wouldn't be a loner.
    Anderson, SC

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    r270ba said:
    I think I would go for this. But a big fat Ribeye in allegro and a nice hoppy IPA wouldn't be a bad way to go either!

Man that rack of pork looks amazing!  

I think I might have to go with a slice of the rack of pork, a prime bone in ribeye, some wings, and some tri-tip.  Oh, and a big bowl of Cow Lick Chili as an appetizer. When they throw that switch on the chair they are gonna have a big mess on their hands. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• r270ba
    r270ba said:
    I think I would go for this. But a big fat Ribeye in allegro and a nice hoppy IPA wouldn't be a bad way to go either!

Man that rack of pork looks amazing!  

I think I might have to go with a slice of the rack of pork, a prime bone in ribeye, some wings, and some tri-tip.  Oh, and a big bowl of Cow Lick Chili as an appetizer. When they throw that switch on the chair they are gonna have a big mess on their hands. 

=)) too funny. Cow Lick Chili has been added to my list. Oh and the rack of pork my have been the best meal I have had on the egg!
    Anderson, SC

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    So many great ideas. I'd have to say brisket or chicken fried steak and mashed taters covered in gravy, green beans and tons of rolls.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings