Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One Last Cook Of Your Life...What Would It Be

2»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    i would be walking upstream with my bamboo flyrod and my lucky sandwich. goobers p&j with spam spread and miracle whip on an onion roll. spam spread is getting hard to find, not even sure if they make it anymore but i could make a french canadian gorton and happily sub it in.
    :D that actually is my alltime favorite sandwich. nice fresh bread, the saltiness from the spread, the sweetness from the goobers, and the miraclewhip to pull it all together. maybe an ice cold ipa with it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Sure here is the link to my post about Paella on the LBGE! 

I followed @The_Naked_Whiz Paella Method and have made it with a fire on a dutch oven table (pre-BGE) and on my large egg. It is really fun to do for a party and has a great presentation. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Thanks @solson005.  My wife and I have a fav restaurant for their Paella but it is ultra expensive so I would love to try and make something like this at home!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Sure I don't know if I mentioned it on my post but I got the Paellera at Williams Sonoma, you can get the 15" one but I don't think the dome will close (it doesn't need to but I closed it and now my handles are melted and I don't know if it even helped) Lodge makes one now but it is a little more pricey but has good reviews. I would probably get the 15" but the 13.5" works fine for me. In the $20-30 range so isn't expensive to get one to try it at home. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    it's funny my last cook would probably not equate to my last meal.  I'd want to do a big bbq for all my friends.. pulled pork overnight, cook ribs through the morning and finish up with a few spatchcocked chickens.  Potato salad, corn bread, pickles and ice chests full of root beer and beer.

my last meal ..  
    Oysters and Chilled Vodka
    Fois Gras Terrine and other assorted Charcuterie
    Porterhouse steak drizzled with truffle oil
    Cheese Course (Aged Gouda, Tallegio, Gorgonzola Dolce). 
    Chocolate Chip Cookies & Milk.
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    TonyA said:
    it's funny my last cook would probably not equate to my last meal.  I'd want to do a big bbq for all my friends.. pulled pork overnight, cook ribs through the morning and finish up with a few spatchcocked chickens.  Potato salad, corn bread, pickles and ice chests full of root beer and beer.

my last meal ..  
    Oysters and Chilled Vodka
    Fois Gras Terrine and other assorted Charcuterie
    Porterhouse steak drizzled with truffle oil
    Cheese Course (Aged Gouda, Tallegio, Gorgonzola Dolce). 
    Chocolate Chip Cookies & Milk.
    That definitely would be a well rounded last meal :)
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576

Last cook: hmm...  it would have to be cooking each part of the pic on the egg separately with different rubs I have made (I realize this would take me a week or something with curing)

Last meal: some fatty, extinct swine smoked whole-hog style with a light vinegar sauce and I get to do the pickin'.  (if extinct, they couldn't kill me and I am a porkoholic)

• TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    It skirts on cheating ... someone may say that isn't a meal.. but i'm fine with small portions - tasting menu style.