Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egghead weightloss competition weigh in Monday

Comments

500 Posts: 3,177
    Monday I was at 210.8.  Down a half pound.  Fat Tuesday tonight with a few pizzas.  Then sacrifice time.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • This is the least stressful weight loss competition ever. Nobody loses or gains weight. We keep losing weight, cooking pizza and pork butts and gaining it all back. ;)
    Mark Annville, PA
  • A week in Montego Bay put the ten I lost back on. I felt like Mr. Creosote by the end of the week.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Alrighty folks, weigh in Monday. We are officially 1/2 way through this thing!!

I dropped 3 pounds and back down to 204.2 this morning. Hoping for another 2-3 lb loss this week as well.
  • 186.4 this morning. Had a much healthier week of eating, and even squeezed in a few beers. I like that I can watch a basketball game on the exercise bike at the new gym and not have to move for anyone waiting. Also, I'm not a very good swimmer, but I'm starting to enjoy it. The flab is leaving, time to try to start getting stronger, too.
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • 233. Down 6 lbs so far. The pants are fitting a bit more loosely.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Stayed at 340lb not bummed considering there was a week of Mardis Gras in that!
    Lynnwood WA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    197 this morning. said i was going to exercise when i got below 200, well setting up my bike on a mag trainer i decided to move some sheetrock up into the attic to get some space for the bike, load popping sound, feels like i cracked a rib. i dont think any lifting will be possible for the rest of this event. 197 puts me half way to my goal anyways
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034

Still sitting at 201 lbs

Having some trouble getting under the 200 lb mark

The diet and beer consumpution have been sliding though

Great work everyone

Shane

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    197 this morning. said i was going to exercise when i got below 200, well setting up my bike on a mag trainer i decided to move some sheetrock up into the attic to get some space for the bike, load popping sound, feels like i cracked a rib. i dont think any lifting will be possible for the rest of this event. 197 puts me half way to my goal anyways
    Where is the pain located? You may have pulled some intercostal muscle/cartilage. 

Otherwise, I fear this is retrograde amnesia. You probably missed a step, fell down the stairs, and lost consciousness. 911 was called. A pulse was not located so CPR was initiated and you "awoke" to some dude compressing your chest at 100x/min. This is when you heard/felt the pop.

Just two possible scenarios, although one is wildly impossible. 
    :D
  • 264 this morning, ate and drank way too much over the weekend, although I did manage runs of 3.5 miles and 4.0 miles.  I'm hitting the elliptical tonight, plan on burning about 800 calories.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• fishlessman
    Where is the pain located? You may have pulled some intercostal muscle/cartilage. 

Otherwise, I fear this is retrograde amnesia. You probably missed a step, fell down the stairs, and lost consciousness. 911 was called. A pulse was not located so CPR was initiated and you "awoke" to some dude compressing your chest at 100x/min. This is when you heard/felt the pop.

Just two possible scenarios, although one is wildly impossible. 
    :D
    definately muscle/ cartiledge and its going to hurt for a long time. was a pop/cracking noise and i could feel the lower rib buckle/ slide under and upper one. anyways, the sheet rock thats been in my living room the last 2 years is no longer in the living room, its in the kitchen
    fukahwee maine

• double
    @fishlessman I have something like that happen regularly basically dislocate a rib. My chiropractor pops it back in and all is good. Hurts like a SOAB at times. 
    Lynnwood WA
  • fishlessman
    double said:
    @fishlessman I have something like that happen regularly basically dislocate a rib. My chiropractor pops it back in and all is good. Hurts like a SOAB at times.

im going to hope this isnt a reoccurring  problem
    fukahwee maine

• double
    Down 6lbs 334lb whoot!
    Lynnwood WA
  • fishlessman
    194 this morning, down another 3. april 1 cant come soon enough
    fukahwee maine

• Ha ha ha ha... Stuck at 204, having a new born and eating healthy have proven more challenging than I thought it would be (3rd kid for us). Working out is not a problem because I do that at lunch, but eating healthy, yea challenging.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Also stuck in a rut.  I promise to start eating better.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Down to 183. My list of foods to be eaten on April 1st is growing...
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • Down to 230. 8 lbs so far. Hit the slopes for a little skiing on Saturday for a change of workout routine. Back to the gym tonight for a run.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • @fletcherfam No joke, I had a dream about the nachos from a local sports bar the other night.
  • @jayhawkeye, ha ha ha. Yea, probably why I am not losing as much weight, no food dreams for me.
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034

Finally made it under the 200 mark

Weighed in last night at 198lbs

Keep this going till April,

It could be a Speedo summer

X_X
  • fishlessman
    8 pound drop this week, 186 this morning. blood pressure yesterday was down to 112/68 which is really good considering i stopped my meds a few years back
    fukahwee maine

• I broke through the 200 barrier this week as well.  Sitting at about 199 or so.  

I've changed up my workout from running on the treadmill to speed walking but with steep inclines.  I think I'm burning a lot more calories during the same length of workout and my knees are doing much better than they were two weeks ago.
  • JayHawkEye
    JayHawkEye Posts: 196
    179 this week. Four more weeks, four more weeks...
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Holy crap you guys are killing it. I am still stuck at 206. Need to turn up the competition this week.
  • JayHawkEye
    JayHawkEye Posts: 196
    I went home (northeast Kansas) to play in an alumni basketball tournament this weekend. After just riding the bike and swimming for a month, it felt good to do something different. I was surprised at how good my cardio was after having not ran in a while. The stress fracture is getting better, but it feels like this weekend may have set it back. Oh well, March Madness is upon us and the bikes at the gym have built in TVs!

@liquidicem When I hit the treadmill hard in January I did the same thing, crank the incline and just go at a fast walk.
  • fishlessman
    Holy crap you guys are killing it. I am still stuck at 206. Need to turn up the competition this week.
    since hurting something in my rib cage a couple weeks ago its to painful to do anything including eating, i did manage half a donut on sunday before opening a bottle of laphroaig
    :D all i can do is look at the bike i set up in the living room, i cant get on it
    fukahwee maine