Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

73° in the Egg Shed

Just settled into the home office hammock to update the papaya recipe. Those Broncos fans look cold!! I love living in the south... cannot imagine those runny nose temps...go ahead and hate us southern boys if you must :)

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

Comments

• Caveman, I agree they look cold.  I am 3 hrs northeast of Denver in western Nebraska.  We had a high today.  Calling for a low of -5 tonight.  I have two prime rib "steaks" on the counter.  Tonight I will cook both.  Me and the Mrs will split one and save the second to make French Dips tomorrow.  Mmmmm.  Sorry, the drool just thinking about it just froze on my keyboard.  :)

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• Oops, todays high was 13*

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    58* in Mid Michigan. Drank alot. The chicken breast were very good too!

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Where in mid MI?  Grew up in Muskegon, lived in Spring Lake, Jackson and Kzoo.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

• A french dip Prime Rib is my fav. 

shame on me - not even taking advantage of this weather by firing up the BGE. 

my decisions today were flip flops or barefoot? - corona or blue moon?  

I admire Bronco and Packer Fans for their dedication - would love a bone cold tailgate experience up there.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    In shorts and a T here in TN. 70 degrees and ribs coming off. Go Broncos.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • 76 today, 46 tomorrow in austin 3 cooks tonight on the egg, chili inside tomorrow (not that 46 is cold but we gotta get in the spirit. I bought firewood and everything :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Office hammock, LOL.  I have a home office and telework a couple of times a week.  My co-workers accuse me of working from a float in the pool (as if I would risk my work laptop that way).

I have been know to work on the table beside the pool, though.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    It's 78 here...about 85% humidity.  I have a chiminea fire consisting mostly of the form for my new stereo table.  (300 pound cement slab top I cast).  Plus some scraps from another honey-do project - drawer fronts on the bookcases (they have 2 drawers each) that I built months ago
    Hit 82 here. Should be same tomorrow.
    Boom
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387

A beautiful – 10 deg C here today (- 14 F), what a turnaround from yesterday. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Just settled into the home office hammock to update the papaya recipe. Those Broncos fans look cold!! I love living in the south... cannot imagine those runny nose temps...go ahead and hate us southern boys if you must :)
    That is an awesome pic.
  • GK59 said:
    58* in Mid Michigan. Drank alot. The chicken breast were very good too!

+1.  It was a beautiful day here in Shangri-La!  We took the small and the mini on the road to my Mom's.  Spatched a chickie in the small and did a standing chickie in the mini a la Smoking Guitar Player!  I took some pix and I'll post them tomorrow.
    Flint, Michigan
  • 40F here on Pebble Beach. 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821

We're freezing! It's supposed to get down to 37 tonight and a high of only 58 tomorrow. I know, I know, we're sissys. Lived in this house 13 yrs and have never seen freezing so this is cold for us.  A little worried about some of my plants.

Tim in SoCal

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • nolaegghead
    edited January 2013
    I tied a few thousand bottle rockets together and sent a Canon D5 into low earth orbit a few weeks ago.  Camera fried during re-entry, and the flash card was the only thing that survived, and it only had this one picture.  What a disappointment.

Ah ha! So that is how NASA is going to replace the Hubble now that STS missions are grounded. Another Japanese - USA venture. Tow our 292,000 lb shuttle with your pick-up, we'll shoot your full-frame into space with bottle rockets.
  • nolaegghead
    Gawd, I posted this in the wrong thread.  Damn you bourbon!!!

I used to tease our Perkin-Elmer field engineer about the myopic lens they made....all in good fun.  Yeah, I read about the new telescope - cool stuff.
    25 degrees here in Sunny Las Vegas tonight
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Nola, beautiful pic but was gonna say....
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • 73 in my egg shed too... but -28C or -22F outside.  No open water outside, just ice and lots of snow.  I cook inside the garage for the winter.  Have to modify this setup someday, the cardboard sides aren't very fireproof.  The smoke goes out the wall through a chimney and i have fresh air intake from the attic.

• brentsee said:

73 in my egg shed too... but -28C or -22F outside.  No open water outside, just ice and lots of snow.  I cook inside the garage for the winter.  Have to modify this setup someday, the cardboard sides aren't very fireproof.  The smoke goes out the wall through a chimney and i have fresh air intake from the attic.

dude......seriously. Is that attached to your house? Me no likey the cardboard dampers
  • brentsee said:

73 in my egg shed too... but -28C or -22F outside.  No open water outside, just ice and lots of snow.  I cook inside the garage for the winter.  Have to modify this setup someday, the cardboard sides aren't very fireproof.  The smoke goes out the wall through a chimney and i have fresh air intake from the attic.

dude......seriously. Is that attached to your house? Me no likey the cardboard dampers
    Yes I know, I have to change it pretty soon.  Hasn't being a problem though. ( I have a fire extinguisher close by) . 
  • jfarley
    jfarley Posts: 145

brentsee said:

Also be very aware of carbon monoxide risk.Working for my local Gas Co. I've got a bit of knowledge here. People die every year trying to heat their homes with hibachis. It takes very little CO to kill. At the very least I'd put a CO detector in the garage.
    LBGE - July 2012
    Valencia, CA
  • jfarley said:

brentsee said:

Also be very aware of carbon monoxide risk.Working for my local Gas Co. I've got a bit of knowledge here. People die every year trying to heat their homes with hibachis. It takes very little CO to kill. At the very least I'd put a CO detector in the garage.

I thought about that awhile ago.  I will get one this week as you have a good point.

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Hey @td66snrf where in SoCal? It's nice, but verging towards to cool side here in Carlsbad.

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • brentsee said:

Crazy my friend!!  I had a buddy hook up a super heat resistant dryer hose over the daisy wheel with the other end leaving the window. It did remove smoke from his garage - still a little dangerous it seems.  Funny...what folks will do to cook on an egg. :)

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    stupid mild weather here in new england, some one send me a cold front, really, i like cold winters and frozen lakes to walk on, i feel bad for the south knowing its going to get hot soon. hit 58 this weekend and i opened the doors
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    stupid mild weather here in new england, some one send me a cold front, really, i like cold winters and frozen lakes to walk on, i feel bad for the south knowing its going to get hot soon. hit 58 this weekend and i opened the doors
    It's stupid mild down here in Maryland too. 60 today. I am supposed to ski patrol on Wednesday night so I need this crap to clear out or I am going to have a bad time.