Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Northerners

Comments

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Pens fan here...looking forward to games getting started.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    The Pucking Fenguins eh? Hope Sid has a good season.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Arrrr the hated Dead Things
    Heh, heh, heh!  Must be doin' something right!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    You probably stock up on Octopus heading to the game eh Fred?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Nah, we eat em!  Those octopi used to be good fun until the NHL decided to change the rule and give the home team a penalty if the fans threw stuff on the ice.  What a bunch of putzes at the NHL league offices!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    You can still throw hats if your team wins. I wouldn't know nuthin about that :\">

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Being a Leafs' fan, you may not know that hats are thrown on the ice after a hat trick, not when your team wins.  Granted, either occurance is a rarity in Tore-Ron-Toe to be sure.  I miss the old home-at-home series the Leafs and the Wings used to do.  I hope the NHL schedules one every once in a while.

I love hockey so much, I cut my grass with my tractor in "Zamboni" pattern.  When I spill something, I ask for a Zamboni (towel).  It took my Southern wife a while to remember that.

Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Don't worry LS. Molson is great beer. Little Caesars is crappie pizza... pizza.
  • ouch that hurt.  I like Little Caesars Pizza.  It's a nice national business based right here in Detroit.  The only thing coming out of Washington where your Caps play is government BS!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    I kid I kid. All national chains are "crappie", but it doesn't mean that I don't like them. Your right about that BS though. Strange thing is, the BS emanates from people from other parts of the country. It's just white noise to us.

For what it's worth, Nicklas Lidstrom was the perfect hockey player.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I kid I kid. All national chains are "crappie", but it doesn't mean that I don't like them. Your right about that BS though. Strange thing is, the BS emanates from people from other parts of the country. It's just white noise to us. 
    Have a friend who goes to the Ottawa games, he says exactly the same thing....

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddymarker
    SO now Burke is toast in TO, wonder if the Canucks will unload Luongo...? Rumour had him bound for hog town. 
    I think he wants to play in Florida again, he has a no trade clause in his contract, and his family is in FL. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    edited January 2013
    ckquote class="Quote" rel="Fred19Flintstone">ouch that hurt.  I like Little Caesars Pizza.  It's a nice national business based right here in Detroit.  The only thing coming out of Washington where your Caps play is government BS!

Oh yeah, we have Five Guys and Ledo's. Sadly, they will be national soon. Now, they're just up and down the mid-Atlantic.
  • We got Five Guys here.  Haven't been there, but I hear it's good.
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Don't hockey players carry guns? Two threads in one.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven

Being a Leafs' fan, you may not know that hats are thrown on the ice after a hat trick, not when your team wins.  Granted, either occurance is a rarity in Tore-Ron-Toe to be sure.  I miss the old home-at-home series the Leafs and the Wings used to do.  I hope the NHL schedules one every once in a while.

I love hockey so much, I cut my grass with my tractor in "Zamboni" pattern.  When I spill something, I ask for a Zamboni (towel).  It took my Southern wife a while to remember that.

You are right Freddie. Haven't seen either in about 46 years

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker

Being a Leafs' fan, you may not know that hats are thrown on the ice after a hat trick, not when your team wins.  Granted, either occurance is a rarity in Tore-Ron-Toe to be sure.  I miss the old home-at-home series the Leafs and the Wings used to do.  I hope the NHL schedules one every once in a while.

You are right Freddie. Haven't seen either in about 46 years
    Good news - this the first time in years the Leafs have been tied for first this late in the season. 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    ckquote class="Quote" rel="Fred19Flintstone">ouch that hurt.  I like Little Caesars Pizza.  It's a nice national business based right here in Detroit.  The only thing coming out of Washington where your Caps play is government BS!
    Oh yeah, we have Five Guys and Ledo's. Sadly, they will be national soon. Now, they're just up and down the mid-Atlantic.

hate to burst some bubbles but we have Five guys in southern Utah been here like 3 years i done think the gone national.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Five Guys in WA state as well...
    Lynnwood WA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,624
    as much as i like hockey, i hope after the first game the gardens is half empty and they get the message that the future strikes end before the season starts, this is rediculous to start the season now. if the pays were half as much they still would be glad to pay
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    as much as i like hockey, i hope after the first game the gardens is half empty and they get the message that the future strikes end before the season starts, this is rediculous to start the season now. if the pays were half as much they still would be glad to pay
    I partially agree. This wasn't a strike. The owners locked the players out. The players never refused to play. The owners locked them out because they wanted to force the player's hand in accepting lessened benefits. If the players had initiated a strike, the owners could have just hired new players and still had the season start. The last Major US professional players strike was the 94-95 baseball strike that help complete the erosion of baseball as the de facto "America's pastime"; the mantle now held by the NFL.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    LETS GO RANGERS!

Garnerville, NY
  • fishlessman
    I partially agree. This wasn't a strike. The owners locked the players out. The players never refused to play. The owners locked them out because they wanted to force the player's hand in accepting lessened benefits. If the players had initiated a strike, the owners could have just hired new players and still had the season start. The last Major US professional players strike was the 94-95 baseball strike that help complete the erosion of baseball as the de facto "America's pastime"; the mantle now held by the NFL.
    i never did pay much attention to the details this time, strikes, lockouts, its just about money, the nhl doesnt rake it in like some other sports, too many teams you watch with empty seats. i used to go to alot of games in the old garden, sat lower loge, rows 1 thru three were 23 dollars, they build a new gardens, rows 1 thru 20 jumped to 75 dollars, that was it for me, bruins now on the tv and its not the same, its a game you really need to be there for.
    fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Shoot. When you said "garden" I presumed that you meant the Rangers. Forgive me for this trespass, kind sir. Perhaps state "gahden" next time.  ;)

Now, I completely agree on your last sentiment. With a the PSL agreements and outrageous vendor prices, pro teams are gouging the "regular fan" out of live viewing. HD is certainly helping. Especially with football. For me, hockey is the absolute best sport to view live. The constant action and atmosphere is unmatched by any other pro sport. I was going to pick up a few 10-game packages for this year. I don't know now with all the "shenanigans". However, the Caps are picking up any "inconvenience" charges for the next month, which is a start for screwing us out of 3 months of hockey.
  • nashbama
    nashbama Posts: 102
    Hockey isn't just for Northerners anymore. I'm glad the lockout finally ended. Half a season is better than no season at all.

Go Preds!
  • Eggcelsior
    True. But we are all in North America. We can pretend he meant us too!
  • fishlessman
    nashbama said:
    Hockey isn't just for Northerners anymore. I'm glad the lockout finally ended. Half a season is better than no season at all.

Go Preds!
    are you saying one of the teams moved south, which one :))

Boston Bruins, Chicago Black Hawks, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers, and the Toronto Maple Leafs :))
    fukahwee maine

• Skiddymarker
    Shoot. When you said "garden" I presumed that you meant the Rangers. Forgive me for this trespass, kind sir. Perhaps state "gahden" next time.  ;)

Now, I completely agree on your last sentiment. With a the PSL agreements and outrageous vendor prices, pro teams are gouging the "regular fan" out of live viewing. HD is certainly helping. Especially with football. For me, hockey is the absolute best sport to view live. The constant action and atmosphere is unmatched by any other pro sport. I was going to pick up a few 10-game packages for this year. I don't know now with all the "shenanigans". However, the Caps are picking up any "inconvenience" charges for the next month, which is a start for screwing us out of 3 months of hockey.
    You think you have expensive seats - Last year the media folks were talking about four seats in Vancouver costing as much as four seats plus the airfare Bellingham Wa to Los Angeles. The travel guys were saying, Watch the Canucks playoff game in LA, take the kids to Disneyland for less money than just the game seats in Vancouver.