Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Northerners

A week from tonight plus a half hour we won't have to be sitting on a bbq forum on Saturday night. I for one am jonesing soooo bad and I forgive them all. Just get on with it!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    But you could be preping for the pre-game party-It's a great game but way too fast for TV even in this day and age.  And I recall when black and white was the only choice-yup , many laps of the sun-and grew up just over the border south of Montreal. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I don't get Oprah Winfrey Network here in TX so I won't be able to watch hockey this year ( I think that's where it is now....not sure)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I compare hockey with the magnates....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    edited January 2013

If you feel that strong about it , you should grab us some tickets

Never been to the ACC for a game yet

I will get Leapin' Lou to come with us

It will have to be an afternoon game though LOL

• henapple
    The Predators are here in Nashville. I've never been but hear it's fun.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    henapple said:
    I compare hockey with the magnates....
    Dude, it's like 7:00 pm eastern...just sayin'
    [-X

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven

If you feel that strong about it , you should grab us some tickets

Never been to the ACC for a game yet

I will get Leapin' Lou to come with us

It will have to be an afternoon game though LOL

I have seasons. Let me know what you want to see. We'll have to go scalpers on one ticket cause we only have a pair. Serious though. You will have to drop me off in Caledon and take 24 home

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    lousubcap said:
    But you could be preping for the pre-game party-It's a great game but way too fast for TV even in this day and age.  And I recall when black and white was the only choice-yup , many laps of the sun-and grew up just over the border south of Montreal. 
    Lou. I liked you and really respected your profession. If you tell me you were a fan of L'Habitant it's over between us

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Let's go habs. Sorry LS, the old man was from Montreal and I can't go against genetics.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034

Wow!!!  I have never met a Leaf's seasons ticket owner

That might be more amazing than your Butter Chicken

We will talk about this over lunch

^:)^
  • lousubcap
    edited January 2013
    Well-I did take French as a second language in HS-and I did attend the same uni as Ken Dryden ( 2 years junior so only saw his last two seasons)- and I have seen the game in the original Forum-and back in the old six team league, yes it is true!  However, as time moved on I did spend a couple of years in DC (not BC) so then aligned with the Caps-and although they could win in the regular season, the play-offs were usually one round and done back in the mid '80's. We all make choices... But somehow, I will survive!!! :)>- And somehow through all this I have missed your allegiance...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I don't get Oprah Winfrey Network here in TX so I won't be able to watch hockey this year ( I think that's where it is now....not sure)
    I wonder if NBC (No-Body Cares) is going to carry any NHL this year.....

Me, I'm not sure I really care, still lots of that wussy NFL "fair catch" football to watch, then NASCAR fires up.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    lousubcap said:
    Well-I did take French as a second language in HS-and I did attend the same uni as Ken Dryden ( 2 years junior so only saw his last two seasons)- and I have seen the game in the original Forum-and back in the old six team league, yes it is true!  However, as time moved on I did spend a couple of years in DC (not BC) so then aligned with the Caps-and although they could win in the regular season, the play-offs were usually one round and done back in the mid '80's. We all make choices... But somehow, I will survive!!! :)>- And somehow through all this I have missed your allegiance...
    It's OK to be a fan of Ken Dryden, John Ferguson, Larry Robinson and I'll even stand for the little flower. It's the team you can't speak of

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    I went to a lot of Flames games, but they left and went to Calgary. I went to a lot of Thrashers games but they left and went to Winnypeg. Now I have a closet full of hockey jerseys for teams that no longer exist. Will stick to watching college and team USA games now.Love the game
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Little Steven
    Gotta love the US in the juniors and worlds. Olympics too. I don't think Canada will be in the same class as them in ten years.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I am so f-ing excited for the Caps to start. I was going to get season tickets this year but didn't due to Bettman douchebaggery.

Les Habitants are my second favorite after watching Roy growing up.

Go Caps

Onward le bleu-blanc-rouge
  • Little Steven

Dude,

We aren't allowed to have guns here but if Gary walked down Yonge street in Toronto he would have his sports jacket pulled over his head and recieve a sound thrashing

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    I am so f-ing excited for the Caps to start. I was going to get season tickets this year but didn't due to Bettman douchebaggery. Les Habitants are my second favorite after watching Roy growing up. Go Caps Onward le bleu-blanc-rouge
    Go Habs Go - you Sir are a gentleman.... I like 'em because of Jaques Plante. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • lousubcap
    @ LS-It's OK to be a fan of Ken Dryden, John Ferguson, Larry Robinson and I'll even stand for the little flower(don't know that one). It's the team you can't speak of -Okay-got it now-you are probably too young to have appreciated Frank Mahovlich but what a scorer-dang that was intense hockey when you had the original group-no dilution.  Of course time moves on as do we all and if it weren't for the expansion, I wouldn't get to see the game live -St. Louis or Columbus are now the closest markets. 
  • henapple

Dude,

We aren't allowed to have guns here but if Gary walked down Yonge street in Toronto he would have his sports jacket pulled over his head and recieve a sound thrashing

Are you really not allowed to have guns?
  • Little Steven
    lousubcap said:
    @ LS-It's OK to be a fan of Ken Dryden, John Ferguson, Larry Robinson and I'll even stand for the little flower(don't know that one). It's the team you can't speak of -Okay-got it now-you are probably too young to have appreciated Frank Mahovlich but what a scorer-dang that was intense hockey when you had the original group-no dilution.  Of course time moves on as do we all and if it weren't for the expansion, I wouldn't get to see the game live -St. Louis or Columbus are now the closest markets. 
    C'mon buddy. I've seen them win four cups. Not many of us left that can claim that

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    henapple said:

Dude,

We can have guns, it's just difficult to shoot them. To take my restricted firearms from my home I need an ATT form advising where and when I will be moving them. Non-restricted can be moved by anyone with a possession license. 
  • lousubcap
    edited January 2013
    @L-S C'mon buddy. I've seen them win four cups. Not many of us left that can claim that. Okay-truce-we will let the rest of them figure out our senority-as if it should matter.  Now back to the No Fun League-and no I don't know much about the CFL although I have been to a game...but that was in that other province  :)
  • Little Steven
    I don't watch football but back when I did if you had two tv's and turned the volume down and had a game from each league on the CFL was way more interesting. Run, pass kick but there were some intricacies.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    henapple said:

Dude,

Rifles and shotguns are accessible but assault rifles and hanguns are incredibly restricted. Honest citizens can't get them but they are cheap on the street

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    edited January 2013
    Interesting that the Canadian Government banned 25 and 32 cal firearms, claimed they were the "Saturday Night Specials" that were used by the bad guys. All it really did was make an uninformed public feel safer. I have a single shot 32LR Stephenson "varmit" rifle that I have a special permit for as it is prohibited. Yet my 18 shot Winchester pump 22 is non-restricted.....go figure. 
    We also have a limit on the number of rounds, my restricted semi automatic handgun can only hold 10 rounds. 

LS - sorry for the hijack...
  • Little Steven
    No worries Skiddy. Can you carry that baby in your belt and go to Stanley Park for some practice

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Let's get back to hockey!

This is HockeyTown!  Detroit Red Wings!

Flint, Michigan
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    I literally read about half the post before I realized was about hockey
    Boom
  • Little Steven
    Arrrr the hated Dead Things