Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to Forum

I have not got a BGE yet.  I have been looking at them for a few mounths.  I think I am ready to buy one this weekend.  Any advice??

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337

make sure you buy it this weekend instead of next weekend!!! that way you get a extra weekend of egging!!

you will not regret it so go on and buy your first egg. i would get a platesetter for sure!!! and if the wallet allows a pizza stone

:D

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364

Nice handle.  Here is a shot of my '67 at the ripe ol' age of 19....289.  Loved that car.  Will get another (Mustang) when I hit mid-life crisis. :))

Go ahead and jump in man, the water is good.

;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Welcome to the forum. Pull the trigger on that egg! You will enjoy grilling more than ever.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited January 2013
    If you don't buy now, you will only be one year older when you do.... (words of Warren Miller)
    Welcome.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • mimauler
    mimauler Posts: 136
    Get the XL bigger is better!!!
  • Definitely get the placesetter. Have fun!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I double-dog dare ya to buy the Egg!
    Flint, Michigan
  • I just got home with my Egg!!  I bought a large.  Picked up a placesetter, ash tool, and ash pan.  Now I have to build my table.  I down loaded plans from nakedwhiz for my table.
  • 65mustang said:
    I just got home with my Egg!!  I bought a large.  Picked up a placesetter, ash tool, and ash pan.  Now I have to build my table.  I down loaded plans from nakedwhiz for my table.

awesome man. You are going to love it. I still remember the day I bought mine home. It stayed in the house the first night and my wife asked me if we needed some "alone time". I have never had one second of regret (only that I waited too long to buy one).
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Congrats and welcome to the cult-like C-T said, you will forever wonder why you waited so long.  You are off to a great start with using TNW's site-an eggcellent resource.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The place I bought my egg from was out of the large covers for both the egg and large table.  I called the other places around Columbus Ohio that sell Eggs.  No one has one.  I kind of want to have it befour I build my table.  Are there any companys online that sell EGGcessories?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I believe that BGE mothership prohibits on-line sales but that doesn't mean you can't find a suitable substitute out there or at a local outfit that sells grills.  You can always use a tarp-don't let the lack of a cover get in the way-enjoy that BGE!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • mine has been outside uncovered for the better part of 8 years. Still looks perfect. Don't sweat the cover, just have them order you one if you really feel you want one. I have had to rebuild my table 3 times in those 8 years, but the egg is in perfect shape
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Focker said:

Nice handle.  Here is a shot of my '67 at the ripe ol' age of 19....289.  Loved that car.  Will get another (Mustang) when I hit mid-life crisis. :))

Go ahead and jump in man, the water is good.

;) I have a 65 Fastback, 289 4speed.  It is a fun car.

I jumped in. I now have an Egg!!

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited January 2013
    Congrats on the new large!  Looking forward to pics of your cooks and table. B-)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."