Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post your Christmas score!!

Options
Greetings and Happy Holidays!!

I snagged a stainless V-Rack from Fred's, a spider, and a bunch of wood and sauces...

How'd you do?
Peace and goodwill!
8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I scored all round best part though was a whole day with the family and no work!
    Lynnwood WA
  • calracefan
    Options
    A/R customer combo, High Q grate, Cut proof gloves, Firestarters,a set of Grill Grates and a Dutch Oven . Life is good !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • carter422
    Options
    2 bags of BGE Lump,  dutch oven and a wing/leg rack.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    For 'que tunes!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Village Idiot
    Options
    I got a serving tray with a butcher block insert.  There's something about the shape that brings a tear to my eyes.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Botch said:
    For 'que tunes!  
    Santa has excellent taste!
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    FoodSaver & portable JAWBONE unit for some good battery powered music (bluetooth) for easy outside grilling music!  Also, some nice finishing salt, bourbon pepper.  I got my parents a cast iron dutch oven and cast iron cooking grid for their medium . . heavy gifts but they loved them! 

@Botch . . . I just looked up "oppo" after your post and wow that thing is pricey! I figured it was high end as it seems this BGE forum is a collection of people who value quality products, but now I am curious . . how is a blue-ray player like that worth the inflated price?
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    NDG, that actually isn't an inflated price for audiophile equipment. That's around a quarter of the price for comparable Denon, Marantz or McIntosh-branded products. Based on what it can do(if your into that kind of stuff), it is similar to comparing a cheap-o $40 charcoal grill to a BGE. Or a Kia to a BMW. Yes it plays Blu-ray, but it is a universal player(all formats of audio) and outputs in 4k resolution(Ultra High definition) 4k is to 1080p what 1080p is to 480i(standard definition)

Sorry to jump in, but I used to sell this stuff in my college days. I am a total A/V nerd. You could only get this stuff at high-end shops like Myer-Emco, Tweeter, or Magnolia. The interwebs has made many of those places defunct. They don't sell this stuff at Best Buy or Walmart.

• Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    that is awesome billyray!!
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    hapster said:
    Only egg related items... Mom got me 6 18oz prime Kansas City porterhouses

What time should we show up for dinner. =))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    billyray said:
    The kids and grandkids got me a private training session with a Benihana Master Teppanyaki Chef and then I get to prepare a meal for 8 of us at the restaurant, complete with chef hat and apron. Looking forward to twirling a few knives and flipping a shrimp into my hat. :))
    How cool is that !! ???  Will there be an ambulance standing by?   :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I got an a-maze-n smoker

And an adjustable Rig oval combo:

Cold smoked some bacon with both last night. What an awesome set up. That little smoker went 14 straight hours and didn't raise the heat inside the egg over 10 degrees above ambient. It was 25 here last night so a perfect night to cold smoke.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    Got blessed blessed blessed. Got a PS woo3 for the large, BGE dutch oven, strop for the streaightr razor, new Makita compact drill, more tools, welders gloves and some lounge sweats. Mama got me a beer making kit too and made me a house coat.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    billyray said:
    The kids and grandkids got me a private training session with a Benihana Master Teppanyaki Chef and then I get to prepare a meal for 8 of us at the restaurant, complete with chef hat and apron. Looking forward to twirling a few knives and flipping a shrimp into my hat. :))

That is an awesome gift. That's going on the list for next year. Too cool
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Pacuare
    Options
    I got a spider, a wok and accessories, "Stir-frying to the sky's edge," a Lodge Dutch oven, a BGE pizza cutter, and a High-Que grate. My parents gave me the all the wokking related gifts and say they expect some good stir-fry when they return in February. My husband is requesting chili and and more pizza with his gifts. I am just ready to take a break from cooking after the last three days of intense cooking and baking!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I got an AR Oval grid Combo, Spider and a Bug-A-Salt "shotgun".  I also picked up a never used second hand mini last friday for $225 which I thought was a nice gift.  Wilma scored a little bling and we'll get a yorkie puppy from her late sister's dog in February.  My teenager got a little bling and her favorite gift, $$.  My 4 year old got a lot of stuff including a doll house that took me until 5:00 am Christmas morning to assemble.  Between wrapping gifts and the dollhouse, I think I watched Ralphie get his Red Rider BB gun 3 times! 
    Flint, Michigan
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I just looked at the "Bug-A-Salt shotgun" video . . pretty cool idea and what a fun way to kill a fly.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    I got an AR Oval grid Combo, Spider and a Bug-A-Salt "shotgun".  I also picked up a never used second hand mini last friday for $225 which I thought was a nice gift.  Wilma scored a little bling and we'll get a yorkie puppy from her late sister's dog in February.  My teenager got a little bling and her favorite gift, $$.  My 4 year old got a lot of stuff including a doll house that took me until 5:00 am Christmas morning to assemble.  Between wrapping gifts and the dollhouse, I think I watched Ralphie get his Red Rider BB gun 3 times! 
    You were able to watch "A Christmas Story" three times uninterrupted? That is the greatest gift of all! I watched it 5 times, but only saw the "entire thing" about once. No wonder TBS shows it for 24 hours straight.

At least I saw the "It's a major award" scene 4 times. Sadly, I only saw the Peking Duck scene once.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

You were able to watch "A Christmas Story" three times uninterrupted? That is the greatest gift of all! I watched it 5 times, but only saw the "entire thing" about once. No wonder TBS shows it for 24 hours straight.

At least I saw the "It's a major award" scene 4 times. Sadly, I only saw the Peking Duck scene once.
    You mean "Chinese Turkey"?
    Flint, Michigan
  • bsgator
    Options
    Great new handle for my BGE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Kitchenaid mixer, knives, "jucy Lucy" press, cookbook, and a thermapen. Cooked tenderloin yesterday using the pen to a perfect 135. I can see why everyone says you need one and where it may elevate my cooking. My better half loves homemade ice cream so I got her the mixer attachment. Most of the funds spent on the kids...iPod, iPhone, iMac, ibroke.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Options
    Thermapen and a BGE deep dish ceramic pizza stone.
  • ChadH
    ChadH Posts: 10
    Options
    I got a red Thermapen.
  • SamFerrise
    Options
    60 inch flat screen.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Got a set of pasta-makin' Kitchen Aid accessories and a book about pasta and 12 pounds of semolina.

joy joy joy

I'm really mostly interested in making the giant ravioli.

edited December 2012
    Options
    NDG said: @Botch . . . I just looked up "oppo" after your post and wow that thing is pricey! I figured it was high end as it seems this BGE forum is a collection of people who value quality products, but now I am curious . . how is a blue-ray player like that worth the inflated price?  

NDG, what Eggcelsior said.  The Oppo has pretty high-end video processors in it, although its the music capabilities that I bought the Oppo for.  A lot of the "boutique" jazz and classical labels still put out SACD and DVD-A "surround-sound" disks which most players can't play, and that's my weakness (my speakers alone were $5K, Monitor Audio).  To hear Dark Side of the Moon, or Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms in full Surround, ahhhhh....

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Options
    henapple said:
    Most of the funds spent on the kids...iPod, iPhone, iMac, ibroke.

:))

• Botch
    Options
    Got a set of pasta-makin' Kitchen Aid accessories and a book about pasta and 12 pounds of semolina.

joy joy joy

I'm really mostly interested in making the giant ravioli.

I'm anxious to hear how the ravioli maker works, I only have the sheet rollers and two noodle cutters.  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'll definitely post the results - just need to cook some part of the dish on the egg so it isn't off topic.... 

I've wanted a tube amp for the living room for a while - something simple.  The AV receiver/speakers suck for music. 

On the other hand, my manbearcave system sounds fantastic for both.