Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many plan inside kitchen work (for BGE) around SWMBO schedule?

2»

Comments

• We work fairly well together depending on the recipie.  If it requires detailed chopping of verious vegitation she asks for my help.  She actually has learned from me and is much safer with a knife.  When I'm cooking she stays clear, or navigates around me with aplomb.  However. if it's baking she's doing I'm ordered out of the room.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    That's called the Ultimate Man Cave !!!!!

Don't really have Shiner Bock on tap. I collect beer taps and put this one on for you Texans.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • billyray said:

Don't really have Shiner Bock on tap. I collect beer taps and put this one on for you Texans.
    my god I would kill for that kind of setup. Damn kids er, I mean the joys of my life, take up all the extra space at Casa Centex
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • billyray
    billyray said:

my god I would kill for that kind of setup. Damn kids er, I mean the joys of my life, take up all the extra space at Casa Centex
    Since I got my strength back, the next time your out in the Santa Cruz, Ca. area, give me a call and I'll have you over.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • billyray said:
    billyray said:

my god I would kill for that kind of setup. @#!*% kids er, I mean the joys of my life, take up all the extra space at Casa Centex
    Since I got my strength back, the next time your out in the Santa Cruz, Ca. area, give me a call and I'll have you over.
    I'll take you up on that. Was just out in CA this week but should be out again around the 1st of the year. Glad to hear you are feeling good. 
  • That is very, very cool Billyray! You must be in a relatively warm climate

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• billyray
    Santa Cruz is usually 65-75 year round.
  • billyray
    billyray said:
    billyray said:

my god I would kill for that kind of setup. @#!*% kids er, I mean the joys of my life, take up all the extra space at Casa Centex
    I'll take you up on that. Was just out in CA this week but should be out again around the 1st of the year. Glad to hear you are feeling good. 
    PM me when your out again.
  • billyray
    Forgot the pic of the freezer. The glasses are cold and ready for company.
  • OK we are starting to not like you anymore [-O<

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited December 2012
    @billyray - sweet setup there.  I'm hoping to do some kinda outdoor kitchen.  Our problem is, cause we live in a 300 year old neighborhood, the lot size is 35 x 150, and most of that is building/mancave/porch or patio.

Anyway, very nice!
    @ billyray-First off glad all is coming together for you!  And that is as VI said "The Ultimate Man Cave".  No clashing over space with that set-up. Dang... 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Not a problem for me.  My wife fixes two things: the tea and her hair. :D
  • billyray said:
    billyray said:
    billyray said:

PM me when your out again.
    Will do. Thanks!

• I thought I was the only one.  I can start a cooking project with SWMBO at the other side of the house, being very busy at something.  Within 2 minutes, she's at the sink or putting up silverware in the drawer where I'm chopping onions, etc.  Then, she looks at me like I'm in HER way.  Sheesh !  ~X(
    This is our household with one exception.  Once she has made her entrance to do whatever, she remembers that she can't stand to watch my poor food prep skills, and leaves the area.  Works for us.  
  • billyray said:
    I solved this problem several years ago. Built a structure by the pool. The 3 doors are a changing room, 1/2 bath, and small shop. On the back side of these is a 1 car garage/shop. There's an indoor kitchen that opens to the covered BBQ area. Haven't put the TV in yet, but I dare her to send me to the dog house. =))
    She wouldn't have to send me, she'd have to come out there and look for me
    :-\"
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • I have a small Kitchen but I also have a Small wife so we manage to work together in it without to much trouble. I do get to have it to myself lately when she goes to visit her mother at the nursing Home Rehab Center. I can get pretty creative then and kick dinner up a notch.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    I didn't marry my wife for her cooking abilities. She can't boil water without burning it. I didn't cook much either when we met. The Kitchen was the least used room in the house, we passed through it on the way to the driveway. 

She will ask if I need help sometimes but frankly the idea scares both of us. She is relieved when I say I've got it under control. She clears the table and does some of the clean up afterwards, so things even out.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Mine called the stove "the big hot thing" and the fridge "the big cold thing"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited December 2012
    Mine called the stove "the big hot thing" ....
    Not gonna go there, too easy...
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • My wife can cook a few things but that's not her contribution to the marriage! My dad was a cook in the Navy and then started his own place for awhile. He taught me to cook and I always have. My wife cleans up after me but I do 85% of the cooking in our house
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • You beat me to it, Jim.  Seems we think alike in more ways than woking techniques.   ;)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• The stove gutterhead

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• My wife can cook a few things but that's not her contribution to the marriage! My dad was a cook in the Navy and then started his own place for awhile. He taught me to cook and I always have. My wife cleans up after me but I do 85% of the cooking in our house
    When I was in my teens my folks spent summers on the boat and winters in Florida. I learned blind and fell in love with it. My Mom was a great cook and I couldn't get enough info on it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• True story! A while back, I was working away in the basement. SWMBO called down the stairs with "Dinners ready" to which I as the smart ass that I am called back to her "No it's not! The smoke detector hasn't gone off yet". At that exact moment the smoke detector actually did go off. After I finished rolling on the floor splitting a gut, I said"Coming". I never miss an opportunity to share that story. The timing was perfect.

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• nolaegghead
    True story! A while back, I was working away in the basement. SWMBO called down the stairs with "Dinners ready" to which I as the smart ass that I am called back to her "No it's not! The smoke detector hasn't gone off yet". At that exact moment the smoke detector actually did go off. After I finished rolling on the floor splitting a gut, I said"Coming". I never miss an opportunity to share that story. The timing was perfect.
    That is very funny.  The usual follow-up story is how you woke up castrated.   Consider yourself, like most of us boyz and girlz, fortunate to have such significant others with senses of humor :D  Or check your twigs n berries in the morning.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Nola, have you seen "Hard Candy"?

Talk about a creepy castration scene.
  • nolaegghead
    Nola, have you seen "Hard Candy"? Talk about a creepy castration scene.
    Sounds like a scene I saw mocked on Tosh.O.  No I have not.  As much a lover of theater, my empathy towards the arts is extreme enough to thank you for the waning (owch!).
  • True story! A while back, I was working away in the basement. SWMBO called down the stairs with "Dinners ready" to which I as the smart ass that I am called back to her "No it's not! The smoke detector hasn't gone off yet". At that exact moment the smoke detector actually did go off. After I finished rolling on the floor splitting a gut, I said"Coming". I never miss an opportunity to share that story. The timing was perfect.
    That is very funny.  The usual follow-up story is how you woke up castrated.   Consider yourself, like most of us boyz and girlz, fortunate to have such significant others with senses of humor :D  Or check your twigs n berries in the morning.
    Just checked. Still got em.

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.