Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chop Suggestions

Options
I have 4 boneless chops about one inch thick and am looking for a simple way to cook these on the Egg.  I have never done chops on the Egg.  Thanks.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Raised grid, direct, 400.  I like Traeger Sweet Rub on them, but you're unlikely to pick that up in  time.  Allegro Hot & Spicy can be found in stores, and it is a great marinade.  If you want to go minimal, EVOO, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

We're having loin chops tomorrow.  I buy cheaper than all get out big pork loins, and cut them into chops.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Don't overcook them. Pull them at 145 degrees IT.
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    Here's some with my espresso rub.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    pretty grill marks
    I know I'm starting to sound like I'm on commission for the "reverse sear" - but it works great for pork chops. Slow cook to 120 internal pull and sear to 145 internal. Nice flavor as the smoke gets a chance to hit the chop. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Well, it just makes so much sense.  I'm sous vide-ing everything since I got that unit, been doing a lot of reverse searing lately. 
    Cook as suggested above, then a few minutes before pulling them off, put pepper jelly on top for a glaze.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Jscott
    Jscott Posts: 174
    Options

These have become a standard for us! I take them and cut a slit on the opposite side of the fat band. Inside I place a dill sliced pickle wrapped in a nice slice of white cheese - pepperjack works great.

stuff this inside and coat with a nice rub of your choice. My wife loves them!

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Jscott said:

These have become a standard for us! I take them and cut a slit on the opposite side of the fat band. Inside I place a dill sliced pickle wrapped in a nice slice of white cheese - pepperjack works great.

"Juicy Lucy" pork chops - great idea, must give that a try. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • erniemcclain
    Options
    Jscott said:

"Juicy Lucy" pork chops - great idea, must give that a try. 
    How do you keep them closed?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• erniemcclain
    Options
    Cook as suggested above, then a few minutes before pulling them off, put pepper jelly on top for a glaze.

Never would have thought of pepper jelly.  Thanks for the idea.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• Springram
    Options
    Dizzy Pig Raging River is super on pork chops. Just sprinkle on and grill away.
    LBGE and Mini
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Options
    Raised grid, direct, 400.  I like Traeger Sweet Rub on them, but you're unlikely to pick that up in  time.  Allegro Hot & Spicy can be found in stores, and it is a great marinade.  If you want to go minimal, EVOO, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

We're having loin chops tomorrow.  I buy cheaper than all get out big pork loins, and cut them into chops.

• Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Options
    about how long at 400?