Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bresaola - Not for the squeamish. Picture heavy.

Ok.  It's done over a week earlier than expected.  My humidity levels are half what's recommended and I had some surface mold.  Based on weight loss - it's down to about 65% of what I started with, I needed to refrigerate. 

I cut up some of it to eat and see what I'm dealing with.  Tastes great. I mean, really great.  Kind of musty, earthy, beefy.  Can't wait to use it in some appetizers.

I brushed off the surface mold and god knows what else, then gave it a vinegar bath with some scrubbing, then rinsed it off, dried it and it looked pretty good.  No funky odors, ('scept mold and the treatment seems to take care of that - we eat moldy cheese all the time).  No signs of spoilage.  I suppose If I'm not sick in the next day or two I'll be in the clear (seriously, nothing is going to survive the curing this thing got - 2 weeks of dry cure with sodium nitrate and sodium nitrite).

I'll try posting more pics when it's all purdy and stuff like VI does.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments