Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: what's in your glass tonight?

Options
12346»

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Tuttle, there are plenty of pigs. After deer season, we can have free run of the place to hunt at night. Deer season is over jan 6th. We can talk at salado.
    I'm in. Can I bring my hog rig?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Tuttle, there are plenty of pigs. After deer season, we can have free run of the place to hunt at night. Deer season is over jan 6th. We can talk at salado.

I got my Bow Dialed in and my 7MM is hungry.

I want a tricked out AR but the lady who lives with me is dropping the hammer on toys.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I imagine Travis hunting old school.  Sharp stick or a wood spear attack from a tree.
    edited October 2012
    Options

I imagine Travis hunting old school.  Sharp stick or a wood spear attack from a tree.

Killing a pig with a spear is one of the most tramatic experiences I've ever encountered. They scream like a woman. I won't do it again. I do like to stalk within a few yards and let loose the shotty.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

What's a hog rig? It looks like my iPhone isn't showing a pic?

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

@Little_Steven - had some friends over that helped me with it.

@travisstrick - I'd love to come along for the hunt. We can have our own little Eggfest at your lease.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options
    WL Weller, Knob Creek or Makers Mark  :D Goody Goody here in town has a great price on the 1.75 of the Weller
  • SamFerrise
    Options
    Thomas Handy Serzac Rye Whiskey, 23 years old uncut, 129% barrel proof.  Sip it strait with a little water back.  This was a gift that sat on my bar for 2 years before I tried it.  Wow!  I got it from a friend and little did I know what it was.  I looked it up on the Web and it is not cheap and it is not readily available.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    I love Thomas Handy. It is released once a year in the fall by buffalo trace, so get it early before its sold out! Another great one is George T Stagg, also uncut barrel strength. My bottle is 143 proof! Wonderful flavor. Also limited.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Plano_JJ said:
    WL Weller, Knob Creek or Makers Mark  :D Goody Goody here in town has a great price on the 1.75 of the Weller

Have you tried Spec's on 75 or Total Wine? They have really good prices.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Plano_JJ said:

Have you tried Spec's on 75 or Total Wine? They have really good prices.
    I popped into the new Specs on 544 on my way home one day but found Goody's prices better. Goody is on my way home on 121 in the Colony which makes it convenient. Never heard of Total Wine